Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So if all is well and good we can expect him to run beyond our winger and maybe their FBs at times then?

That's reassuring.....
Yeah, he's not an outstanding attacking RB but he has qualities, he makes runs beyond the fb to meet a pass, doesn't really carry the ball there himself. I think he's quite good at getting his head up and putting accurate crosses in when he gets into those positions.

He's good at playing one-two's down the line but needs a player inside to show for the ball, I'd expect him to improve a bit as teammates learn how he likes to play.

Yeah, he's not an outstanding attacking RB but he has qualities, he makes runs beyond the fb to meet a pass, doesn't really carry the ball there himself. I think he's quite good at getting his head up and putting accurate crosses in when he gets into those positions.

He's good at playing one-two's down the line but needs a player inside to show for the ball, I'd expect him to improve a bit as teammates learn how he likes to play.

Tbh, that's what I want to see more than a high-energy/speedster that isn't able to strike up a relationship with his winger..... I fear Reggie is the latter.

Seems a bit harsh considering the below. I can see why he’s not a Barcelona type player, but I think he’ll be a good fit in the more physical and athletic PL.

In same way how Lucas Moura was among most creative players in CL for PSG?
And in same way how Lo Celso was creating most chances in the team for Real Betis?

Too early to tell much regarding him, but currently don't seem to offer more going forward than Tanganga did...

Surprised to hear some critical comments regarding him. He made two big blocks and was important in the air on the back post. Can’t recall any mistakes.

Still hoping to see a bit more going forward, but Chelsea is the toughest team in the league defensively.

"Can't recall any mistakes" ?

I don't recall who the Chelsea player was, could have been Alonso, could have been Werner, but in 2nd half I recall situation where Chelsea midfield found a ball behind our defensive line and he had absolutely lost his winger. It was either very bad positioning or total lack of pace but he was not even involved in the situation. Tried to chase Chelsea player but was not even close. Very dangerous situation came out of it, did not concede due to luck.

Once more - not writing him off, cause he just very recently arrived. But he is same age as Tanganga and up to now I have seen 0 attributes where he would be better than Japhet.

I think he is doing ok he needs lots of time familiarising himself with his team mates. Right now Tomiyasu look marginally better but that may even out. If asked for my strongest side Tanganga at RB with Romero and (big call coming )Sanchez Reguilon. We desperately need another LB to challenge Reggie he is very very irratic.

I thought he was OK, considering that is his second game (?) with a changing defence.

Think the pace of the game, plus how little our team offers angles is shocking him more than a little.

Reminds me of a Corluka a bit, never gonna run past players but technically pretty good (hopefully).

Passes on Tomiyasu and buys this guy, leaving Scum to snap up on the far superiour player.

dOn PaRaTiCi

I thought we passed on Tomiyasu because of Tanganga's form?

Emerson is more of an attacking fullback,

But yes seems we missed out on a good player in Tomiyasu.

Back
Top Bottom