Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They, through that serial kill Fabinho and Henderson are very good at protecting him. But can you imaging what Mbappe would do to him in a game of knock out football. He is not quick at all. He reminds so much of Beckham. They need to get him in to central or wide midfield sharpish because he is not learning the best position fir himself.
He was a cm in his youth and I could easily see him replacing Thiago and LFC signing a more standard up-and-down RB when the time comes.

The most noticeable thing about his performance against Liverpool was the confidence he had on the ball. Not sure where that came from. I think he likes playing with his back against a wall. I know he has more technical ability than he has shown he's just so hesitant. That said, two of his best games have been against Pool and City. That shows he has the ability to play at the top level. He will have his strengths and weaknesses, not sold on keeping him but wouldn't be sad if we did as long as we bring in a real strong more offensive option.

The most noticeable thing about his performance against Liverpool was the confidence he had on the ball. Not sure where that came from. I think he likes playing with his back against a wall. I know he has more technical ability than he has shown he's just so hesitant. That said, two of his best games have been against Pool and City. That shows he has the ability to play at the top level. He will have his strengths and weaknesses, not sold on keeping him but wouldn't be sad if we did as long as we bring in a real strong more offensive option.
Considering how Conte doesn't tend to be particularly long term at any club I wouldn't be averse to loaning Emerson out next season if we can get a proper RWB in. That way we can make a decision in 2023 depending on if Conte extends his contract, or if the next manager wants to use traditional fullbacks or stick to wingbacks.

It's a world cup next season as well, so he will want to play.

Very-very good performance by Royal.
I have been critical of him in the past, but based on this game I have to admit - well done, Emerson!

Was alert, was always taking room from Liverpool players. Stayed close, stayed on his feet. Cleared and blocked well. Even had some sort of hand in our goal.

So yea, based on that performance we should give him credit.
If only he could keep it up and improve his crossing + last 3rd decision making a bit.

WAKE UP, WAKE UP THE MIXTAPE HAS DROPPED.

CharmingEasyIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

He had a very good game against the scousers imo. Don’t think he’s the answer in a Conte team but he does seem a very hardworking and likeable character. He’s definitely worth another season as back up or in games where we need to defend our wing. Big up for the lad

His bravery on the ball was striking. Odd kid if he has that in him why the fuck dose he look like he won a raffle to play on occasions. Can we ask Eriksen to pop by and a few hours a week teach him how to cross and kick a ball.

Considering how Conte doesn't tend to be particularly long term at any club I wouldn't be averse to loaning Emerson out next season if we can get a proper RWB in. That way we can make a decision in 2023 depending on if Conte extends his contract, or if the next manager wants to use traditional fullbacks or stick to wingbacks.

It's a world cup next season as well, so he will want to play.
That's actually a smart point.

Back
Top Bottom