Emiliano Sala

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Insurance runs deep in general aviation. It goes beyond the licenses; if you don't have enough hours in corresponding air-frames then insurance won't play ball, because too many successful doctors and lawyers pass their basic licenses, then go out and buy a plane they're not ready for yet and fly it into the side of a mountain.
That's an argument between Cardiff's insurance and the planes / pilots insurance surely? If Cardiff's life insurance find out Cardiff were involved on arranging the flight I guess they will then use that to try and prevent paying.

Regarding Nantes they sold the player, they will get their money from Uefa if necessary, may involve a court case but they will be paid with the PL withholding from Cardiff.

There really is no shame these days. Cardiff for trying to get out of the deal, Nantes for the timing of their demands, the press for sensationalising the story and the agents for not taking any responsibility.
At least give the family a bit of time to bury their loved one.

There really is no shame these days. Cardiff for trying to get out of the deal, Nantes for the timing of their demands, the press for sensationalising the story and the agents for not taking any responsibility.
Agreed.
iIaccept that business being what it is these days,the money would still have to be paid.
But surely, this will be an insurance matter? It should have been dealt with away from the press.

We live in a truly ugly world it seems

Yep, you would think the involved parties would get together, agree to say nothing and to leave for a month.

Contractual issues are obviously in play but time and place surely.

As unpalatable as the subject is the £15m fee would have loads of caveats including goals, appearances, relegation etc.
How and by who he was insured by will need sorting out but not for at least a couple of months in this case.

Sad to hear but I'm glad the family finally have closure now.

RIP Emiliano
They will get closure yes, but just as importantly, do we know anything about the pilot, where his body is and wether the search will continue to be funded until his body is found?

They will get closure yes, but just as importantly, do we know anything about the pilot, where his body is and wether the search will continue to be funded until his body is found?

I'd like to think hope so!

By the state of the plane it's crashed nose first he would have been thrown out the plane and never be found unfortunately sad but true. Always hard to recover a body at sea.

We know quite a lot about the pilot by now, in particular that he wasn't qualified to fly in the conditions that they experienced.

No, his body has not been found. And no, presumably the search will not continue to be funded. The ongoing search was funded by Sala's family. The ugly truth is that several weeks later it's absolutely pointless to continue motoring around looking for a body bobbing on the surface.

They've called the search and recovery off ... bad weather for at least a week. I very much doubt they will go back there is nothing left to learn. ROV film will be used by the AAIB, as there's no black box spending tens of thousands on recovering (if it's even possible) some wreckage? there's no real point. Let's hope the pilot's body turns up just for his family's sake.

They've called the search and recovery off ... bad weather for at least a week. I very much doubt they will go back there is nothing left to learn. ROV film will be used by the AAIB, as there's no black box spending tens of thousands on recovering (if it's even possible) some wreckage? there's no real point. Let's hope the pilot's body turns up just for his family's sake.
And that was the point that I was trying to make, the pilot has a family as well and we have not heard a lot from them. Other posters in this forum are saying that he was not qualified to fly in those conditions and other language directed at the pilot in the world footballing community has no doubt has been very negative towards him. His family have kept their heads down and yet they are secondary victims of this tragedy as well, loosing their loved one, not knowing what happened and reminded on a daily basis of the finger of blame pointed at the pilot, by others who should know better. If there is no attempt to recover his body as well because the rescue was funded by the footballers family and know the monies are to be withdrawn then that is not right, it subjects the family to more crap (on top of the secondary shaming) that they should not be expected to deal with. This happens to a lot of families and its not good at all.

Can't believe this is still getting top billing on the news.

Very sad stuff for the footballer, the pilot and their families but it's been one of the top stories for the last week. Hundreds of people are dying in far worse conditions in places like Yemen where we CAN do something about it, yet obviously that doesn't have the sensational headlines that a footballer death has.

I'm also pretty bored of the fake emotions being out-poured by not just Cardiff fans (who have a small right, even through many of them would never have seen him play) but fans of other clubs. Nantes fans have a right to mourn - he played for the club and won the affection of the fans. Who else outside France or Argentina had even heard of Sala before the crash? I like to think of myself as pretty knowledgeable about football but if Cardiff hadn't signed him I'd have barely recognised the name.

It reminds me a bit of a situation I faced a few years ago when a colleague of mine committed suicide. Half the people in the office didn't know him that well, and a decent amount of them teased him regularly (he was a bit different) yet nearly all of them went to his funeral. Maybe they felt it was the right thing to do, but I just saw hypocrisy and self-interest.

It upset me reading the desperate comments from the pilot’s family trying to raise £300k to continue the search.

The clubs and/or family of Sala could easily afford that, and whilst it’s highly improbable that a body will be found, the least they could do is make that gesture.

It upset me reading the desperate comments from the pilot’s family trying to raise £300k to continue the search.

The clubs and/or family of Sala could easily afford that, and whilst it’s highly improbable that a body will be found, the least they could do is make that gesture.
The best case was finding the wreck, which they did. Other than that, the only thing that try could do is keep a boat in the same spot for a few more days. There's nothing else they can do right now except be extremely lucky.

The "continue the search at all costs" mentality is something that is very, very new to the 21st century, and also very impractical.

Back
Top Bottom