Encounters with Footballers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From this: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/2013/02/gazza-thank-you-for-giving-me-spurs/

As a pretty decent goalkeeper, I was called up to represent the Borough of Barnet at football. The manager hadn’t yet decided who would be the number 1, so I shared duties with another keeper. Our home ground was Chase Lodge in Mill Hill, the then Spurs training ground. I was due to play the second half, so I spent the first 45 minutes on the sidelines when someone called over to me:

“Hey keeper, do you want a game?”

Turning round Gascoigne was stood in front of me, I couldn’t respond I just nodded.

“Go in nets then and bring the ball.”

We walked together over to a spare pitch; he asked me a few simple questions, which at the time was similar to making me describe Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. I barely answered, in truth I could barely move, the only thought in my head was:

“I am about to play football with Gazza.”

After what seemed like hours, we arrived at the pitch and Gazza sent me to go in goal. For the next 10 minutes or so, using the leg he hadn’t ruptured in the cup final, he started taking free-kicks against me. I was 10 years old in a full size goal, I would like to say I saved all of them but the truth is I only saved one. Taking pity on me he put one close to me which I managed to push onto the post. Then just as quickly as it had happened, he said thanks, turned away and started jogging round the training ground.

From this: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/2013/02/gazza-thank-you-for-giving-me-spurs/

As a pretty decent goalkeeper, I was called up to represent the Borough of Barnet at football. The manager hadn’t yet decided who would be the number 1, so I shared duties with another keeper. Our home ground was Chase Lodge in Mill Hill, the then Spurs training ground. I was due to play the second half, so I spent the first 45 minutes on the sidelines when someone called over to me:

“Hey keeper, do you want a game?”

Turning round Gascoigne was stood in front of me, I couldn’t respond I just nodded.

“Go in nets then and bring the ball.”

We walked together over to a spare pitch; he asked me a few simple questions, which at the time was similar to making me describe Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. I barely answered, in truth I could barely move, the only thought in my head was:

“I am about to play football with Gazza.”

After what seemed like hours, we arrived at the pitch and Gazza sent me to go in goal. For the next 10 minutes or so, using the leg he hadn’t ruptured in the cup final, he started taking free-kicks against me. I was 10 years old in a full size goal, I would like to say I saved all of them but the truth is I only saved one. Taking pity on me he put one close to me which I managed to push onto the post. Then just as quickly as it had happened, he said thanks, turned away and started jogging round the training ground.
Cool story, bro

:troll:

Met Klaas Jan Huntelaar a few times when he played for de Graafschap. I was quite young back then and asked him for pictures and signatures since he was my favourite player at the time.

I met him again 3 months back at a gas station. He said "Do you know if they have diesel here? " My response was, "Hey, you're Jan Kluus Hantelaar. Oops, sorry! But yes they have diesel over there ..." He laughed and we talked about English football for a bit. He likes it, but didn't want to talk about Spurs or any other club in general.

-----

Talked to Miroslav Stoch (Fener, ex Chelsea) when he played for Twente. I asked him if he would start against Ajax. He replied with something like "I better fucking start against that shitclub, I'll get mad if I won't". One Ajax fan heard this and tried to start a fight. After some swearing and pulling it ended.

-----

I lived a few months next to Lasse Schöne (Ajax) when he played for de Graafschap, he was quite cool and relaxed.

Met Guus Hiddink, Siem&Luuk de Jong, Alex Büttner, Ben Sahar & Hans Kraay JR a few times but nothing special happened here.

-

without going into too much detail, Carlton Cole came into my place of employment recently.

he's a full kit wanker. a basketball full kit wanker. matching vest, shorts and baseball cap ensemble.

I'v never bumped into a footballer before but i did meet Cam Smith the australian and queensland league captain last year at the United/allstars game. He took photos with everyone and was a general top bloke. Still doesn't excuse him being a queenslander but cunts all of them

I'v never bumped into a footballer before but i did meet Cam Smith the australian and queensland league captain last year at the United/allstars game. He took photos with everyone and was a general top bloke. Still doesn't excuse him being a queenslander but cunts all of them
I don't know you take a trip into Kings Cross on a weekend and you will find your fair share of C****

Back
Top Bottom