Encounters with Footballers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sold a washing machine to Jay Spearing about 2 years ago now. Walked in wearing sun glasses (in the evening) and expected everyone to know who he was... He bought a shit one and didn't take any insurance, miserly bastard.

I walked into Gary Doherty one night in Norwich. Didnt really know what to say so just said "Gary Doherty!" To his face. That was it really

I used to work in Topps Tiles in Chingford, one day in strolls one Mr Sol Campbell and his agent. Sol said very little despite me trying to put questions his way (regular salesman stuff, nothing football related), his agent dealt with everything, including payment, which is how I know the guys name isn't Sky Andrews, it's Andrew Skylet, credit cards don't lie!
He's not his agent, he must have been his carer!

Used to work for a company that were involved in the promotion of the FA cup. Anyway the cup was being taken round our offices and the Ipswich Town FC squad came along to our offices to have photos and all the jazz.
All of them were spot on and down to earth but special praise to Matt Holland. Matt approached me and spotted I was wearing a Spurs polo shirt. 'Spurs!' he shouted at me, ' Yes and you would give your right arm to play for them as well' was my reply, he burst our laughing and said ' yeah true'

Anyway Matt is having his picture taken with the other Ipswich lads with the cup and I shouted ' make the most of it as thats a close any of you lot will get near a trophy' fair play they all laughed and Martin Ruesser called me a ' yid twat' to which I suggested he would be a better player if he stopped wearing clogs........that got mre laughter, erm thats about it really.

Won a trip to watch Man United in a Champions League game at OT in a box. This was back in the days when the chances of seeing a UEFA Cup game at the The Lane came down to our lack of yellow cards, so I jumped at the chance.

As part of this I stole a 'hospitality bag' from Denis Irwin, it was shit. The best thing in there were some United branded binoculars.

I also took a piss next to Brian Kidd that night. Didn't have a look though, no homo.

In an unrelated story, James Collins was sitting in front of me when I went to see Anchorman 2 this year. I would have said something to him about being shit, ginger, and Welsh, but he; a) is a pretty big bloke, b) was with his bird, and c) would no doubt mention the 'Historic Treble' of last season.

Im not sure that shit, ginger and welsh counts as a historic treble.
might enough to consider teaching your kid to swim via the application of a burlap bag, some housebricks and the local canal though

Sold a TV to Mass Luongo in Sainsbury's a couple of years ago. He was wearing training gear but I didn't recognise who he was, then he filled out a form and I was like "ahhh Luongo! You missed the last bloody penalty against Stoke in the 0-0 that put us out of the Carling Cup last year.." then the kid he was with (another academy player but can't remember their name, Lameiras maybe?) gave him a bit of stick. Good bants.

Also I saw Jamie O'Hara running around a park. I just nodded at him but he ignored me, cunt.

Bumped into David Bentley on the overground, he smiled as he was talking to a random bird on the train, he got off and the same station as I did and he didn't go straight out the station, he walked around the platform until the crowds moved out. Odd.

Oh and saw Jack Wilshere at work in 2013, the bird I was working with wanted a picture taken with him, so he stops poses and I take the picture on her phone, he turns to me and says 'do you want a photo?' I say no thanks. Mugged him right off I did.

Met Steve McManaman and Chris Kamara in Brazil at the World Cup.
McManaman was cool, chatted about football with us for a bit.
Kamara was an absolute livewire. Posing for selfies, singing England songs etc. As you'd expect him really.

Back
Top Bottom