Encounters with Footballers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Campbell always seemed the type that couldn't do fuck all without someone holding his hand.

He came across as being far, far too important to be speaking to the likes of me, which also seems to apply to him in that he has a massive superiority complex.

Was given tickets for the 'Harvey Nichols' box at the Etihad as my ex's dad did some business up there and was given them. Walked past Joleon Lescott in the hallway outside, he's an absolute tank of a man.

Met Linekar when I worked in a hotel, he was there filming a Walkers crisps advert, he was a twat but his wife is superb.

Was coached by Neville Southall and Bob Bolder at Margate, Bolder's a right geezer.

I'm struggling to come up with a situation where a wake and a football match would be in the same building.

Was the wake at the stadium or did Rush fancy a buffet?

I'm struggling to come up with a situation where a wake and a football match would be in the same building.

Was the wake at the stadium or did Rush fancy a buffet?
I'm surprised you could tell the difference.

It was at some sort of venue can't really remember it was over 10 years and I didn't know the person well who's funeral it was, there were tables out for the players, they then all got on the team bus about 20 minutes after my embarrassed apology.

Saw Johan Djourou at Geneva airport 2 weeks ago just after he had flown home from the world cup and he was on my flight back to Heathrow. Me and my brothers had a chat to him about the world cup and messi (cause Argentina had just knocked them out)
Although he's a gooner, he was actually a pretty sound guy.

[QUOTE="brighty, post: 589287, member: 837"]I'm struggling to come up with a situation where a wake and a football match would be in the same building.

Was the wake at the stadium or did Rush fancy a buffet?[/QUOTE]

It's called going to the Emirates.

Saw Mel Sterland once on the roof terrace of The Castle pub on Pentonville Road. He was pissed and said inappropriate things to my missus. I told him to turn it in, he apologised.

I fear this might well be a damp squib.

I got chatted up by Billy Jennings (West Ham) in the Villa night Club in Gant's Hill, back in the mid 70s, but he was a bit forward too quickly so I didn't take him up on his kind offer!!

I once met former Oxford United and Northern Ireland legend Billy Hamilton at a Counterfeit Stones gig, needless to say we were very, very drunk...

Fuck it's all flooding back, just remembered that I also had a chat with Craig Johnstone at a Crowded House gig. Seemed a decent bloke...for being an Australian.

Had a chat with Martin Peters in Debenhams last summer.
Sadly seemed like only me that recognised him, nice down to earth fella though for a World Cup winner.

Back
Top Bottom