Encounters with Footballers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually saw the one and only Sol Campbell in the street once and I... did nothing. Bloody huge bloke, think I'll stick to slagging him off on football forums rather than saying it to his face

This video appears to sum up Owen as a person. Rather than trying to help a kid who is clearly not the most confident, he just bullies him and makes him feel shit. Fair play to Southall for bollocking him at the end.

Just like most of the lads I knew from that area, just happened to end up playing football but still a cock.

Missed two one-on-ones versus an unknown 13 year old kid and still chuffed.....

I used to work in a Makro back in my Uni days - would always get Michael Owen coming in for bulk buying dog food and stuff.

When he came in, everyone would fall apart for him and be all giddy - he's got a reputation locally around N.Wales/Chester for being an absolute bellend (once told a kid who ran up to him in Asda to 'fuck off' once when he was a Liverpool player, legend has it).

Because he was a bell end, I'd completely treat him like anyone else - got on with my job face up the stock. I'm suspicious that annoyed him, but I really didn't care.

Used to see loads of ex players in West Kirby when I worked round there too, Rushie for example.

I've now got the image of Michael Owen staring blankly into space trying to work out the vat on some pedigree chum to see if he's getting a good deal or not.

I've now got the image of Michael Owen staring blankly into space trying to work out the vat on some pedigree chum to see if he's getting a good deal or not.
lol he would come in for the massive bags on Makro mail. I think he was VAT regi'd with the horses so didn't exactly pay it anyway

This video appears to sum up Owen as a person. Rather than trying to help a kid who is clearly not the most confident, he just bullies him and makes him feel shit. Fair play to Southall for bollocking him at the end.

I hear that they developed this concept into a full-on movie.

I heard it's shit though, just like Michael Owen.

I used to work in Topps Tiles in Chingford, one day in strolls one Mr Sol Campbell and his agent. Sol said very little despite me trying to put questions his way (regular salesman stuff, nothing football related), his agent dealt with everything, including payment, which is how I know the guys name isn't Sky Andrews, it's Andrew Skylet, credit cards don't lie!

I actually saw the one and only Sol Campbell in the street once and I... did nothing. Bloody huge bloke, think I'll stick to slagging him off on football forums rather than saying it to his face
I think he walked passed me when I was walking along Bishopsgate, City of London - I so wanted to trip him up with my wheelie bag but I was too late to bump into him accidently-on-purpose. Also saw Paul 'Maxie' Miller in the same vicinity, he was all toffed up in a pin stripe suit and a Crombie, think he's still something in the City.
(I'd forgotten about these encounters - having too many senior moments these days!)

Brother asked Lennon if he needed armbands to go in the swimming pool at a party in Vegas. Apparently Aaron was a bit of a cunt.

I was out shopping for shoes and went up to the first floor of a sneakers store in London, only to run into Adebayor. He played for Woolwich then so I just shook my head and left!

I used to work in Topps Tiles in Chingford, one day in strolls one Mr Sol Campbell and his agent. Sol said very little despite me trying to put questions his way (regular salesman stuff, nothing football related), his agent dealt with everything, including payment, which is how I know the guys name isn't Sky Andrews, it's Andrew Skylet, credit cards don't lie!

Campbell always seemed the type that couldn't do fuck all without someone holding his hand.

Back
Top Bottom