England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plus the fact he hasn't played that much football since leaving Leeds , odd making plans for a player who doesn't even play and not have someone already in place to take his place.
It's not like we don't have 2 or 3 players that can do that job. It felt like excuse making for me.

Which is why we need to get him the hell out of that #6 position..... Either play him as a #8 or drop him altogether (the latter wont happen obviously).

The harsh truth is if Wharton proves effective we don't really need him unless perhaps we are playing a top team.

Wharton
Bellingham + Foden or Palmer

or

Wharton
Bellingham + Rice or Mainoo​

Every team Kane plays for looks slow and lethargic

Kane gets his goals but the team suffers

Time to address the big Kane elephant in the room

I think you're right. Wonderful footballer and goalscorer, but his movement isn't what it used to be and England are not good enough to accommodate him game after game. With him not being able to press it's rubbing off on the other players. A successful press will always start with your front man. It's time to bench him for the good of the team. He can be a great option to bring off the bench in the second half of games, and can also play him alongside someone like Watkins when you want something different.

I think you're right. Wonderful footballer and goalscorer, but his movement isn't what it used to be and England are not good enough to accommodate him game after game. With him not being able to press it's rubbing off on the others players. A successful press will always start with your front man. It's time to bench him for the good of the team. He can be a great option to bring off the bench in the seif d half, and can also play him alongside someone like Watkins when you want something different.
Its not that england arnt good enough to accomodate him. Its Southgate picks the wrong players.

You need speedsters to play with kanes lack of pace. Gordon, Eze, Saka, Bowne need to be on the flanks. And either Foden, Palmer or bellingham in middle

Its not that england arnt good enough to accomodate him. Its Southgate picks the wrong players.

You need speedsters to play with kanes lack of pace. Gordon, Eze, Saka, Bowne need to be on the flanks. And either Foden, Palmer or bellingham in middle

But still, he can't press. He looks like he is running through treacle wearing clown boots and it's having an effect on the whole attack. The movement he once had just isn't there. He's still one of the best finishers in the world, and a terrific, intelligent football player. But either he's not fit enough to start right now, or he's just at that age where his mobility and athleticism is on a major decline.

I think you're right. Wonderful footballer and goalscorer, but his movement isn't what it used to be and England are not good enough to accommodate him game after game. With him not being able to press it's rubbing off on the other players. A successful press will always start with your front man. It's time to bench him for the good of the team. He can be a great option to bring off the bench in the second half of games, and can also play him alongside someone like Watkins when you want something different.

Nope... No it isn't.... It's time to sort the midfield out as well as starting to providing some runners.

4231 isn't the answer and 442 certainly isn't.

It was that brief it almost didn't happen. You're right though, but still. Gordon and Palmer are the biggest ones that have shocked me.

I can only assume he was disappointed with Gordon and Palmer in the Iceland game prior to the tournament as they both started that one.

After the disaster of the last two performances, you would think he'd try something different in the final group game. I'm hoping the Trent experiment has ended but it's only going to mean Rice in the 6 still with Gallagher next to him.

If I said you had a massive wanger you would still disagree with me.

Pardon me for being right about most of those disagreements so far.

No need to get antsy cos you made yourself look like a bit of a twat over the last few weeks by burying your head in the sand.

But still, he can't press. He looks like he is running through treacle wearing clown boots and it's having an effect on the whole attack. The movement he once had just isn't there. He's still one of the best finishers in the world, and a terrific, intelligent football player. But either he's not fit enough to start right now, or he's just at that age where his mobility and athleticism is on a major decline.
He can press but everyonehas to press. No use 2 pressing 3 sitting. Its all southgates mess

I can only assume he was disappointed with Gordon and Palmer in the Iceland game prior to the tournament as they both started that one.

After the disaster of the last two performances, you would think he'd try something different in the final group game. I'm hoping the Trent experiment has ended but it's only going to mean Rice in the 6 still with Gallagher next to him.

I thought Palmer was the only bright player in that game and also put one on a plate for Kane. None of use see how they are like in training, but it just feels like he's being too loyal to the likes of Foden at the moment. Gordon coming in on the left with his pace and directness and Foden and Bellingham battling each other for that number 10 role should only be a positive thing. It just feels like all the players are there to have a good team, a cohesive team, but the plank is too stubborn (likely) or too thick to do what most other people can see.

I'm also already sick of seeing Bowen and Gallagher come on when we have so much exciting talent on the bench which are no doubt chomping at the bit to play.

They need someone that can pass the ball with back to goal. Gallagher looks a bit shit tbh. Like a Hojberg.

Back
Top Bottom