England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/Euro24Hub/status/1804106119133979051?t=sigrgQyqOpBog46NQ2RjMQ&s=19

Think Roy Hodgson GIF by DAZN

That’s genuinely disgusting.

I would play this…

Walker - Gomez - Guéhi - Trippier
——————-Stones
———Bellingham-Rice
Saka——————————-Gordon
——————-Kane

It’s a much more balanced team that has runners for Kane and fixes the problem at 6.

Which is why we need to get him the hell out of that #6 position..... Either play him as a #8 or drop him altogether (the latter wont happen obviously).

The harsh truth is if Wharton proves effective we don't really need him unless perhaps we are playing a top team.

Wharton
Bellingham + Foden or Palmer

or

Wharton
Bellingham + Rice or Mainoo​
Southgate is a complete coward. His only formation is a defensive double pivot.

So, our only hope is that he bites the bullet and decides who he wants to play, Foden or Bellingham. He can then line up with Wharton/Rice/Bellingham and play Gordon/Saka off Kane.

But he won’t make that decision, because he’s frightened.

Southgate is a complete coward. His only formation is a defensive double pivot.

So, our only hope is that he bites the bullet and decides who he wants to play, Foden or Bellingham. He can then line up with Wharton/Rice/Bellingham and play Gordon/Saka off Kane.

But he won’t make that decision, because he’s frightened.

I came to terms with that long ago (I'd reluctantly accept a proper #6 + Rice & Bellingham).....

Just makes the TAA experiment all the more baffling (that and the fact that aside from a half against Bosnia he was shit in MF every time Gary or Klopp tried it).

I came to terms with that long ago (I'd reluctantly accept a proper #6 + Rice & Bellingham).....

Just makes the TAA experiment all the more baffling (that and the fact that aside from a half against Bosnia he was shit in MF every time Gary or Klopp tried it).
It’s outrageous that he’s doing this now.

He’s had, at the very least, a year to work out who he wants to partner Rice. Mainoo, Gallagher or Wharton. I’d probably go with the latter but I really like Mainoo too. He obviously loved how Philips and Rice worked together. Very matter of fact progression through the midfield; together they achieved what an exceptionally talented individual might achieve on his own.

You then give Bellingham the freedom of the pitch and say ‘go and show everyone you’re the best player in the world’. Instead, he’s confusing everyone - Rice clearly doesn’t feel comfortable progressing the ball and Bellingham doesn’t know when to drop. TAA looked totally lost and Foden is floating around the left hand but getting frustrated and dropping into the middle.

Shocking management. I have no interest in digging out individuals. It’s Southgate.

I would play this…

Walker - Gomez - Guéhi - Trippier
——————-Stones
———Bellingham-Rice
Saka——————————-Gordon
——————-Kane

It’s a much more balanced team that has runners for Kane and fixes the problem at 6.

Theres so many answers to the problem. Any formation with balance is better than what we have. Any formation with players that dont suit it wont work

It’s outrageous that he’s doing this now.

He’s had, at the very least, a year to work out who he wants to partner Rice. Mainoo, Gallagher or Wharton. I’d probably go with the latter but I really like Mainoo too. He obviously loved how Philips and Rice worked together. Very matter of fact progression through the midfield; together they achieved what an exceptionally talented individual might achieve on his own.

You then give Bellingham the freedom of the pitch and say ‘go and show everyone you’re the best player in the world’. Instead, he’s confusing everyone - Rice clearly doesn’t feel comfortable progressing the ball and Bellingham doesn’t know when to drop. TAA looked totally lost and Foden is floating around the left hand but getting frustrated and dropping into the middle.

Shocking management. I have no interest in digging out individuals. It’s Southgate.

100%... Only to add that's killing Kane too cos he naturally plays like an False 9.

Notions of perfection aside; it's so easily fixed but the frustrating cunt can't see (sh)it

Kane Bellingham Foden walk in to any other European team. The likes of Rice isn’t in the same class as Rodri or kroos. Pickford aint Donnarumma. Saka is nowhere near as good as Williams, Sane, or a whole host of wide players. Compare our back four with either the Spanish or the Italians. We just ain’t as good as we think we are and worst of all Southgate it at Plymouth level
Very very true. Lots have been massively overrating our side

Southgate is a complete fraud.

His insistence on playing Bellingham as the 10 is what is killing us. He can still break into the box and get goals like the one against Serbia from a deeper position.

Why are we playing Foden in a positive which makes him completely ineffective and experimenting with Trent in midfield?

Any non-coward just keeps it simple and plays:

Bellingham - Rice
Saka -- Foden -- Gordon
Kane

Southgate is gone - he's said as much himself that this is his last chance.

I don't agree on the crashing out though or at least not completely crash out, because then that would give the incoming manager a free pass as it were for more mediocrity as the only way would be up.
It’s the FA who have no ambition and are forever happy with a safe, uncontroversial character who can just qualify for tournaments and hopefully get into the knockout stages.

There was not one single football reason to appoint Southgate.

And as for appointing Woy instead of Harry, what a bunch of gutless fucking losers.

Southgate is a complete fraud.

His insistence on playing Bellingham as the 10 is what is killing us. He can still break into the box and get goals like the one against Serbia from a deeper position.

Why are we playing Foden in a positive which makes him completely ineffective and experimenting with Trent in midfield?

Any non-coward just keeps it simple and plays:

Bellingham - Rice
Saka -- Foden -- Gordon
Kane

Still leaves Bellingha, Foden & Kane all treading on each other's toes...... We need to play 433 with a single pivot..

Back
Top Bottom