England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southgate is a complete fraud.

His insistence on playing Bellingham as the 10 is what is killing us. He can still break into the box and get goals like the one against Serbia from a deeper position.

Why are we playing Foden in a positive which makes him completely ineffective and experimenting with Trent in midfield?

Any non-coward just keeps it simple and plays:

Bellingham - Rice
Saka -- Foden -- Gordon
Kane

Southgate would never entertain that. He’s terrified of exposing the CBs.

Our only hope is that he makes a decision between Foden and Bellingham for that 10 position rather than playing both.

I think our problem is Bellingham, Rice, Foden, Mainoo and Kane are all trying to play the No10 role, plus Saka always prefers to cut in onto his left peg so also adding to the congestion. Sakai’s two best crosses have come about when he was forced out on the right and crossed with his right.
I say forget inverted wingers as it’s just not generating fast enough attacks. Put Saka on the left (Gordon is useless), Foden (or Palmer)on the right, Make Rice stay back with the defence and, hopefully there will be more service to Kane and Bellingham.

So..... Being reported that Shaw not going to play at the Euros at all.

What a complete and utter cock up

It was hardly likely he was going to feature much since he hasn't played since Feb so why TF did they take him.

No room for Grealish or Maddison but plenty of room for an injured player.

It was hardly likely he was going to feature much since he hasn't played since Feb so why TF did they take him.

Not having a true left-sided player on that wing may just be the worst decision he's made, and he's made a few.

Even if he does get on the pitch he's hardly gonna be match fit anyway, would most probably limp off or something.

He really did fuck this up didn't he.

Not having a true left-sided player on that wing may just be the worst decision he's made, and he's made a few.

I think the only fix is wing backs at this point, it could be done to keep width on the left. 4 at the back is now no longer workable.

Pickford
Walker Stones Ghuei
Saka Bellingham Wharton Rice Gordon
Foden(10)
Kane

I think the only fix is wing backs at this point, it could be done to keep width on the left. 4 at the back is now no longer workable.

Pickford
Walker Stones Ghuei
Saka Bellingham Wharton Rice Gordon
Foden(10)
Kane
It hasn't been workable already, Trippier is offering nothing at all. But yeah, something like you said (or even using Trent at LWB) must be better.

4 Palace players & the likes of Konsa and Watkins hanging about, is it really any wonder why England look shit?

152 games for Palace. 191 for Villa.

And picks far too many palace and Villa players. Maybe it’s just coincidence.

4 Palace players & the likes of Dunk hanging about, is it really any wonder why England look shit?

The one Palace player starting has been the best player in the team so far, probably. The others are extremely talented. Everyone here wants Eze, right?

I don’t think we’re struggling because we have some talented footballers at lesser clubs. We have City and Madrid and Liverpool and Bayern players throughout the XI and they all look shit.

He should have gone after he fucked up the semi final against Croatia in 2018!
The one Palace player starting has been the best player in the team so far, probably. The others are extremely talented. Everyone here wants Eze, right?

I don’t think we’re struggling because we have some talented footballers at lesser clubs. We have City and Madrid and Liverpool and Bayern players throughout the XI and they all look shit.

The only reason we’re struggling is the fuckwit manager.

I would play this…

Walker - Gomez - Guéhi - Trippier
——————-Stones
———Bellingham-Rice
Saka——————————-Gordon
——————-Kane

It’s a much more balanced team that has runners for Kane and fixes the problem at 6.
I agree a Year ago. Too late moving Stones into

I don’t see much reason to get over excited by Eze, but that’s likely me ( I’ve seen the likes of Ginola and can see the difference and I am spoilt by such ) However, he is clearly a decent player.

If the better players don’t have credible pressure on them from below, then the incentives do lessen, call it the Spurs squad effect. You do need pressure on your position and often as a tournament advances a player breaks through, maybe it will be one of the Palace guys, but Palace had a decent end of season, not a decent season and that’s why I don’t think the credibility is there.

If it’s reasonable to have the better players from the smaller clubs, fair enough, but then why the utter shambles that is the Luke Shaw situation, there are 24 clubs in the Championship for example that might well have credible left sided defenders. A stretch in thinking of course, but why not ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom