England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele Grealish and Maddison all pictured recently in Ibiza in a crowd of people. All 3 left out of the squad.
Dele doesn’t deserve a place at the moment, Maddison was not mentioned as injured by Southgate today.
Grealish probably deserved a place .
Southgate making a point I wonder

Dele Grealish and Maddison all pictured recently in Ibiza in a crowd of people. All 3 left out of the squad.
Dele doesn’t deserve a place at the moment, Maddison was not mentioned as injured by Southgate today.

Um - so was Maguire.
And he's currently on trial for aggravated assault of police officers and bribery.
Just sayin'....

:bentley:

Um - so was Maguire.
And he's currently on trial for aggravated assault of police officers and bribery.
Just sayin'....

:bentley:
Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has been withdrawn from the England squad by manager Gareth Southgate after being given a suspended prison sentence on the Greek island of Syros.

I tend to assume you'd pick a squad, fundamentally, on the basis of whom you'd intend/expect to play....

Could be right. Fits the kind of MF I'm expecting to see though.
He may not fit into the England team but he does have the skill needed. Phillips has played in the championship. Grealish needs to be tried. I'm sure many thought that Gazza wouldn't be an international.
You, from past posts, clearly do not rate Grealish, we nearly designed him and still might !!.

------------- Henderson
--- TAA --- Keane --- Mings --- Gomez
----- Rice --- Ward-Prowse --- Mount
-------Sancho --- Kane --- Sterling

Something like that I should think

3 RBs, 6 CBs and no LB seem to raise a lot of eyebrows and rightly so, Bertrand and Targett are good enough LBs to play for England. TAA is the future, about time now Southgate ditches either Walker or Trippier.

Happy for Phillips and Ward Prowse, Grealish and Maddison are better than Mount for me.

Greenwood and Abraham are there because they play for big clubs, Kane and Ings are enough ST options, Rashford can play there too.

My ideal 23 man squad would be

GKs - 3 GKs

RBs - TAA, Walker

CBs - Gomez, Dier, Dunk,

LBs - Bertrand, Targett

CM/DMs - Henderson, Winks, Ward Prowse, Rice, Phillips

AM/Wingers - Sancho, Grealish, Madison, Foden, Sterling, Rashford

STs - Kane, Ings

**Rice and Phillips can play both CB and DM roles**

Hes picked Dier because he can play in DM as well, and he did finish the season well at CB before the ban

(plus hes one of the only players in England's recent history to actually score a winning PK at a shootout in a major tournament, I went apeshit when that went in)

Back
Top Bottom