England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The yellow card situation doesn't worry me, they are wiped out after the quarters anyway.
If some players pick up another tonight then they would miss the next game if we go though though? I think I would be looking at resting one of rice or Phillips and play Mount instead , also need to come up with a way of getting Grealish into the team! Either way after beating the Germans Gary has now earned my trust and I’m confident he will get it right!

The yellow card situation doesn't worry me, they are wiped out after the quarters anyway.
Yes and no

If you're on a yellow going into the quarter final and you pick up a yellow in the quarter final, you miss the semi final should you go through.

Anyone picking up a yellow in this match will have it wiped.

This is to stop players getting banned for the final for anything other than a straight red.

Yes and no

If you're on a yellow going into the quarter final and you pick up a yellow in the quarter final, you miss the semi final should you go through.

Anyone picking up a yellow in this match will have it wiped.

This is to stop players getting banned for the final for anything other than a straight red.
Yes, but I don't think we should second guess any of that. Just play them.

Yes, but I don't think we should second guess any of that. Just play them.
Yeah I get where you are coming from, it screams complacency to start resting players for the semi when we aren’t even in it yet!
However we have a good squad so would expect to see a few changes tonight as if we do go through there isn’t a lot of rest until the next game.

Sancho in apparently, and a switch to a back 4.
Interesting , assume it will be a front 3 then of Kane , Sterling and Sancho? If he can get Grealish in as well providing then
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

That is what is weird about criticism of picking a "b team" ... the b team will have a lot of players in it that many people think should be starting anyway.
I think the issue would be the continuity lost if wholesale changes are made, rather than the level of the players.

I think there is a suggestion that Saka is carrying an injury.
And Foden is on a yellow so his thinking is probably Sancho Kane Sterling.

Unbelievable depth that we don't have to play Saka or Foden and still have a quality top 3.

Heres hoping we repeat the result of Sancho's first start.

Back
Top Bottom