Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You just know if he keeps on getting some playing time, Gareth is picking him for the Euros.

That said, is he any worse than Maguire? At least Dier can ping a ball if little else. I wasn't much of a fan of him but it was never through any lack of trying or effort on his part, so I wish him well in Germany.

You just know if he keeps on getting some playing time, Gareth is picking him for the Euros.

That said, is he any worse than Maguire? At least Dier can ping a ball if little else. I wasn't much of a fan of him but it was never through any lack of trying or effort on his part, so I wish him well in Germany.
Honestly, given the state of the options available to England at CB in recent years I always found it a bit of a joke that Dier wasn't at least a squad regular whilst largely a starter for us.

Especially considering he was at one point seemingly a mainstay for Southgate, and the way Southgate rigidly continues to select others despite dreadful form.

Honestly, given the state of the options available to England at CB in recent years I always found it a bit of a joke that Dier wasn't at least a squad regular whilst largely a starter for us.

Especially considering he was at one point seemingly a mainstay for Southgate, and the way Southgate rigidly continues to select others despite dreadful form.

Think it's because Dier always played as a defensive midfielder for Southgate and England, before Dier started to consider himself a centre-back. He was actually really good there at the beginning. But considering he was a Southgate favourite to start with, it was a bit strange that he suddenly dropped him from future squads considering he's versatile if nothing else.

Good luck to him, I hope him and H win trophies there.

Doesn't change the fact that he is a donkey and we did well to get shot though.

I hope the revisionist historians aren't going to try and claim this guy is any way shape of form a quality footballer just because for some unknown reason Bayern wanted him.

Good luck to him, I hope him and H win trophies there.

Doesn't change the fact that he is a donkey and we did well to get shot though.

I hope the revisionist historians aren't going to try and claim this guy is any way shape of form a quality footballer just because for some unknown reason Bayern wanted him.
They will try they will be wrong. Nice bloke wretched EPL defender. As for England if Southgate limited though he is does not have his four starting CB for the Euros as Stones Braithwaite Guehi Konsa then he just isn't up to it.

I'd be delighted for Dier if he makes the squad to be honest. He's been good in Germany, and i think he'd be okay at internal level mostly. That prem league is just to quick for him now, and the ange high line was just impossible for him

England are the most boring team to play football.

I was out with a US colleague recently who was saying he loves the USNT more than any domestic club team or games.
It got me thinking that I haven't been invested in England probably since Hoddle and Keegan but even those 2 contrived to let me down.

I was fully in for Euro 96. Excited about WC 98 but by Euro 2000 I was losing interest.
After that, with boring Sven, boring twat MacLaren, miserable Capello, fucking awful Hodgson and now negative Southgate I just CBA to watch them.

I went from watching every game, to only qualifiers and tournaments, to only tournaments to only having the tournament on in the background while doing something else.

So yeah, if Dier gets into the squad, meh. Don't care.
I wouldn't be surprised if Southgate dropped Kane to fit a 7th right back in the squad at this point.

England are the most boring team to play football.

I was out with a US colleague recently who was saying he loves the USNT more than any domestic club team or games.
It got me thinking that I haven't been invested in England probably since Hoddle and Keegan but even those 2 contrived to let me down.

I was fully in for Euro 96. Excited about WC 98 but by Euro 2000 I was losing interest.
After that, with boring Sven, boring twat MacLaren, miserable Capello, fucking awful Hodgson and now negative Southgate I just CBA to watch them.

I went from watching every game, to only qualifiers and tournaments, to only tournaments to only having the tournament on in the background while doing something else.

So yeah, if Dier gets into the squad, meh. Don't care.
I wouldn't be surprised if Southgate dropped Kane to fit a 7th right back in the squad at this point.

I agree in the main, but don't think England were bad at all in the previous tournament. Scored plenty of goals against sides we should be beating and then lost out to tournament favourites France in a game that could have gone either way. But Southgate will always be overly cautious against any teams that offer a threat and an attacking player will be sacrificed for a Phillips or a Henderson.

I always want England to do well and will back them when the Euros come around, but couldn't give a toss in comparison to Spurs. I think the majority of supporters will feel the same in regards to whatever club they support.

I agree in the main, but don't think England were bad at all in the previous tournament. Scored plenty of goals against sides we should be beating and then lost out to tournament favourites France in a game that could have gone either way. But Southgate will always be overly cautious against any teams that offer a threat and an attacking player will be sacrificed for a Phillips or a Henderson.

I always want England to do well and will back them when the Euros come around, but couldn't give a toss in comparison to Spurs. I think the majority of supporters will feel the same in regards to whatever club they support.
I think this England team could have done better than what they have, rather than succeeding because of Fraudgate.

Sort of reminds me of peak Spurs under Poch. I feel they should have won something between 16 & 18 but came up short every time.

I think this England team could have done better than what they have, rather than succeeding because of Fraudgate.

Sort of reminds me of peak Spurs under Poch. I feel they should have won something between 16 & 18 but came up short every time.
Southgate plays the woke card and is seen by the BBC-led mainstream as an all round great guy and a good coach.

Fact is, he has had the best England squad since 66 at least and has done ok, but not particularly well given the quality he has. What irks me is he doesn't play to the style many of his best players play at club level ... i.e. with a high line, inverted full backs, only one CDM etc. He has the players to crush teams...

Despite last night's win, Bayern are in a mess. Pleased they have Eric tho.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Swear to god if I finally got free of having to watch this big useless lump and Southgate ends up putting him back in the England team I’ll be fuming.

Don't think there's any danger of him suddenly making the team as long as there's not a bunch of injuries. Him making Southgate's squad, however, is a different thing entirely. If he takes five centre backs I can see them being, Stones, Maguire, Guehi, Dunk and then either Dier or Mings. Think Colwill will be considered as a left-back due to one of Shaw or Chilwell missing out through injury which is more than likely. Personally I'd like to see Branthwaite go, but that's for another time.

Back
Top Bottom