Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

629.gif

Same names, still obsessed. I think some of you must fancy him or something tbh.
I mean you're the one (one of the one's) that leaps to his defence..
It's far more likely you have a crush than anyone who beats on him....

England are the most boring team to play football.

I was out with a US colleague recently who was saying he loves the USNT more than any domestic club team or games.
It got me thinking that I haven't been invested in England probably since Hoddle and Keegan but even those 2 contrived to let me down.

I was fully in for Euro 96. Excited about WC 98 but by Euro 2000 I was losing interest.
After that, with boring Sven, boring twat MacLaren, miserable Capello, fucking awful Hodgson and now negative Southgate I just CBA to watch them.

I went from watching every game, to only qualifiers and tournaments, to only tournaments to only having the tournament on in the background while doing something else.

So yeah, if Dier gets into the squad, meh. Don't care.
I wouldn't be surprised if Southgate dropped Kane to fit a 7th right back in the squad at this point.
I think that could just be a weird American quirk, their domestic league is a bit of a joke and geographically for most they're likely to be a large distance away from even their local top flight side, many of them probably support an English side with more vigour than they do an MLS side.

So it's more likely that they would favour Country over Club, especially when you factor in good old 'Murcanism.

But yeah, England boring AF. Same as you, I've had little to no interest since '98. Euro 2000 I tried to get into it but if anything I had disdain for the side. A couple of times since I've tried to get into the spirit almost out of peer pressure from society, or because of a large Spurs contingent, but more often than not I'm happy to see them fail as I can't tolerate the thought of Shamgate having a WC or EC win to his name.

I'm happy he's playing well and he's found a new lease of life, don't get the weirdos still getting at him when he's not even connected tot he club anymore, let the man live.

Just coming in to post that, it’s great.

I expect the Ange bit will be used against him but he means it as a compliment.

He seems such a good lad. I’d have him back at the club in some capacity when he retires no doubt.
I wouldn’t. The fact is the tactical work that Conte did was BS. It was paint by numbers football drilling the team in how you want to play is actually very tactical and the easiest way to get your tactics across.

I wouldn’t. The fact is the tactical work that Conte did was BS. It was paint by numbers football drilling the team in how you want to play is actually very tactical and the easiest way to get your tactics across.
Ooh, I'm shocked to find you Conte-bashing.
Again.
You sound a tad like a labour voter who slanders everyone else all the time.

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Dunno. but I saw him back off Saka and letting him shoot, while he stood there with his arms behind his back when Arse went 1 up.
So many agendas. He didn't 'back off' he just held his ground.

If you had any interest in what actually happened you would see that Alphonso Davies completely loses Saka's movement, giving him about 3 yards of space in the box and the time to bend his shot.

Back
Top Bottom