Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can play in 3 positions. Handy player to have around.
I wonder if that england free kick was a 1 off or should we let him take a few for us?

With the recent trend of signing extensions, it would put pressure on some players that maybe would possibly look elsewhere to go and say, "fuck it, I gotta stay with the boys."

Created this.

giphy.gif

Never forget.

DIER SIGNS NEW CONTRACT
Posted on 13 September 2016 - 09:15

We are delighted to announce that Eric Dier has signed a new contract with the Club which will run until 2021.
dier_contract730.jpg

The 22-year-old joined the Club from Sporting Lisbon in time for the start of the 2014-15 season and made an instant impact, scoring the winning goal on his debut in a 1-0 victory against West Ham on the opening day.

Having played in defence during his first year at the Club, he switched to a holding midfield role for the 2015-16 campaign and became an integral member of the team. To date, he has made 87 appearances in a Spurs shirt and scored six goals.

He also received international recognition for his performances last season and, since making his full England debut in November, 2015, he has won 11 caps for his country and scored two goals.

Great news and what a delightful photo. May he boss our midfield for years to come.

Be prepared for Walker and Lamela to sign extensions soon. That's what I got from his press conference.
I hope Lamela has settled here and not thinking that Italy suits him better. His future lies with us
He could turn into a very good player for us.
I reckon he will sign.

IMO This is the only thread that should be alight with chatter right now. N'koudou's, Carroll's, Onomah's, Jassen's etc performances tonight do not effect our season, Dier's does.

He has been very poor in every game he has played in, including for England. We need him back playing like we know he can. Right now he looks miles off the pace, can't find a pass for shit, his closing down looks rigid and is often routed to the spot planted like an immobile tree and easily bypassed. The difference between him and Wanyama is massive. He is not quite a liability but not far from it.

What is up with him?

IMO This is the only thread that should be alight with chatter right now. N'koudou's, Carroll's, Onomah's, Jassen's etc performances tonight do not effect our season, Dier's does.

He has been very poor in every game he has played in, including for England. We need him back playing like we know he can. Right now he looks miles off the pace, can't find a pass for shit, his closing down looks rigid and is often routed to the spot planted like an immobile tree and easily bypassed. The difference between him and Wanyama is massive. He is not quite a liability but not far from it.

What is up with him?
If Toby is out he will be playing centre-back v Leicester.

Not sure what's going on with him - he doesn't seem to be the sort of guy who's very up himself and feels like he's made it and has some right to start games and is just pissed off that Wanyama has overtaken him.

Every one goes through a bad spell of form and at the moment, considering the position he's in, he has to be on he bench. Wanyama has come in and done everything Dier does, except looks better doing it and I never thought I'd hear myself saying that at the start of the season.

He's definitely not a centre half either. Positionally awful (which still surprises me ash is positioning as a defensive midfielder is generally quite good) - seems to give strikers a lot of space and he's far too static.

Had to play far too much last season & then in the summer. He is really feeling it now.
Just needs plenty of rest.
He is paying for us not having cover for him last season. He will come good again.

I still think that between Dier, Dembele and Wanyama we have MORE than enough quality to rotate between the three of them, rest a different one each week and still have two of the best CMs in the PL playing in the middle!

Maybe after last night, Poch might trust CCV to start alongside Jan at the back whilst Toby is still out...
Dier isn't getting the rest/rotation he needs because HE'S being asked to fill in at the back!

He had a good game today but I've noticed he keeps doing this thing where every time the ball is played over the top he'll let it bounce, then try to head it down to his feet, which results in a mess every time. Needs to cut it out

He had a good game today but I've noticed he keeps doing this thing where every time the ball is played over the top he'll let it bounce, then try to head it down to his feet, which results in a mess every time. Needs to cut it out
Yeah no denying he is about 75%. Still doesn't hide though, always there just not as decisive as last year. Also his passing is off too. Still, love the lad and his attitude.

He's still really young, and the insane schedule that every English club has to deal with means that he'll get plenty of playing time.
Yes he will get plenty of playing time but this time last year he knew that he was playing def mid in the next premiership match. Now he does not know if he will play CB because Toby is still not fit, in a back 3 like today with Toby instead of Wimmer, def mid instead or with Wanyama or on the bench. With 3 matches in the week he will play but it is for him a backward step.

Back
Top Bottom