Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a nasty strain of Spurs fandom who think shitting on players who do nothing but give 100% for the club is some sort of positive quality - like they are keeping it real or some shit.

It's embarrassing.
Oh please. Dier never once got booed and Jeered like an Sanchez, Emerson or a Sissoko. Spurs fans gave him one of the longest ropes I’ve seen ever given.

I actually feel sad now he’s gone on a personal level, it represents the closure of a chapter much like Hugo leaving did. On an actual footballing level, no way. Ange had him sussed from day 1.

What’s done is done.

There's a nasty strain of Spurs fandom who think shitting on players who do nothing but give 100% for the club is some sort of positive quality - like they are keeping it real or some shit.

It's embarrassing.

It’s infiltrated some on the main spurs podcasts now too. James Maw on VFTL is one of the worst for it. It’s bad enough the wider media egg other teams fans onto do it but when our own fans do it, it’s just sad.

So having read this piece I got all interested in his gardening appearance mentioned within (I had seen the Spurs-related ones, even his cameo on Gardners Wolrd) I found it, and here it is:

View: https://youtu.be/Li7t_UphRKA?si=G9X56tGAT9Jd04mH

Probably the one guy I would love to spend time with out of all of our recent players (I'd like to say Jan too but something tells me his deadpan demeanour would likely be intimidating).

I don't get obsessed with what footballers get up away from the day-to-day of football, other than what gets posted in here I guess. But I had no idea that he has a daughter!

Oh please. Dier never once got booed and Jeered like an Sanchez, Emerson or a Sissoko. Spurs fans gave him one of the longest ropes I’ve seen ever given.

I actually feel sad now he’s gone on a personal level, it represents the closure of a chapter much like Hugo leaving did. On an actual footballing level, no way. Ange had him sussed from day 1.

What’s done is done.
I was replying to your quoted posts of "fans" being exactly the kind of embarrassing edge lords you suddenly claim don't exist.

I have no problem with Ange knowing Dier would never work in his system. I have a problem with edgelord "fans" thinking they gain any fucking bonus points from shitting on someone who gave everything for the shirt.

They are fuckkng embarrassing. Sorry

Saying someone isn't a legend isn't shitting on someone. It's being realistic.
It’s kind of a dumb argument in the first place because everyone’s definition of a legend is different.

Is being a squad player for almost 10 years like Davies and dier a legend? It’s certainly admirable but Kane and son seem like actual legends to me. Players you will remember with awe.

Saying someone isn't a legend isn't shitting on someone. It's being realistic.

Bardi from the Extra Inch has been shitting on Dier as a shtick for years.

There was simply no need nor a tidal wave of people calling Dier "a legend" to explain his tweet. He was just being an edelord prick. Again.

It's embarrassing.

It’s kind of a dumb argument in the first place because everyone’s definition of a legend is different.

Is being a squad player for almost 10 years like Davies and dier a legend? It’s certainly admirable but Kane and son seem like actual legends to me. Players you will remember with awe.

Agreed. Kane is a player you hold in awe - despite the fact he shat on the badge by trying to force a move. We understand his motives and respect his professionalism when the wantaway move failed.

Players like Davies and Dier who provide a decade of loyal service deserve respect even if they dont attract the admiration of world class players like Kane.

Proper fans don't disrespect players like that. Only shit fans do. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom