Euro 2016 - France

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mertens is not an international footballer. He was garbage.
My point is the coach seems to play everyone where they're least effective.
I thought Belgium looked a little more dangerous when Hazard played in the middle instead of getting the ball on the right and trying to dribble past everyone coming into the middle, holding onto the ball for too long.
If you want De Bruyne to whip in awesome crosses to Lakaku, which he is very capable of doing, play him on the left he has a great left foot, and he can cut inside onto his favoured right or at least let him alternate with someone like Carrasco who can play on either flank and likes to cut inside.

My point is the coach seems to play everyone where they're least effective.
I thought Belgium looked a little more dangerous when Hazard played in the middle instead of getting the ball on the right and trying to dribble past everyone coming into the middle, holding onto the ball for too long.
If you want De Bruyne to whip in awesome crosses to Lakaku, which he is very capable of doing, play him on the left he has a great left foot, and he can cut inside onto his favoured right or at least let him alternate with someone like Carrasco who can play on either flank and likes to cut inside.
Carrasco needs to play every time, he's a superb talent with an enormous workrate. The guy who destroyed the RM defence in the CL finals gets 15 minutes where the guy who has ellbowed 780 players in a season gets 90 and compliments from his coach

Fucking Wilmots

History really isn't your strong point as they and the Belgians covered our backs at Dunkirk with most of their army getting left behind while ours ran for their lives after a disastrous continental campaign by the BEF!
Not our lads fault as once again as in WW1 it was lions led by donkeys!

In Indo China after the Japanese withdrew France tried to restore order but, despite fighting bravely, they were heavily outnumbered and outgunned by the Vietminh who were supported by Red China.
They had no choice but to agree to a ceasefire fire.

My point is that it's extremely ignorant for anyone to point a finger at the French for having no bottle!
That's why I asked for examples and if this is the best anyone can do then best move on.

:avbhumph:
I was more thinking of the Vichy Goverment

Carrasco needs to play every time, he's a superb talent with an enormous workrate. The guy who destroyed the RM defence in the CL finals gets 15 minutes where the guy who has ellbowed 780 players in a season gets 90 and compliments from his coach

Fucking Wilmots

You now know what it's like to have a 'golden generation'. We had Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Terry etc all at the same time and yet managers with no clue how to construct even a basic team. Only Hoddle played with anything resembling a philosophy and he said something stupid about disabled people and got fired and that was just before the 'golden generation'.

Sounds like Wilmots is your idiot, playing Falani and not Dembele, leaving Batshuayi on the bench when Lukaku was so shit, as you say not using Carrasco till the end.

Above all the playing tactics with a team that has Hazard and De Bryune is negative and not needed.

I haven't seen a single Englishman in denial, every single person I have spoken to acknowledges the element is there, as have I just a few pages back, as have the press, as have the news outlets, as have the governing bodies.
What sticks in the craw is there is overwhelming evidence it was instigated by French on first night, then the Russians.
100% those English who wanted it also got what they came for. But having followed Spurs in Eutope I and mates have been with have been targeted, singled out and attacked, it ain't nice.
The past couple of days have seen sustained and highly organized attacks on ordinary fans enjoying a beer. The French prosecution has acknowledged this yet not one Russian has been nicked, only English. I have no way of knowing if those that have been nicked were defending themselves or their for their kicks but given the reports it wouldn't supprise me that it's a bit of both.
You start by saying that you acknowledge English blame but then you go on to trot out the same tired lies.

'It wasn't us who started it'

'We are targeted'

'The police are too rough'

'The police don't understand us and use the wrong tactics'

All bullshit. You can't say you acknowledge English football violence and then go on to uphold the fantasy that everyone is out to get you.

The fact that no Russians were nicked and 6 English were tells the true story. But, innocent until proven guilty I suppose (unlike the treatment of Russians and French in your media).

You start by saying that you acknowledge English blame but then you go on to trot out the same tired lies.

'We are targeted'

All bullshit. You can't say you acknowledge English football violence and then go on to uphold the fantasy that everyone is out to get you.

The fact that no Russians were nicked and 6 English were tells the true story. But, innocent until proven guilty I suppose (unlike the treatment of Russians and French in your media).
You are transparent and way too obvious fella. Keep typing, exposing yourself as a cunt with every single tap of your keyboard. No response required, hope other don't bother to bite.

What a cunt.

I was more thinking of the Vichy Goverment

It was a puppet government set up by the Nazis

Hardly indicative of the French whose resistance fought bravely

If the Nazis had got across the channel something similar wd have happened here and I wd imagine plenty of anti Semitic feeling too, sadly!

'We are targeted'

Just fuck off you prick

'We are targeted'

The report I read was saying that over 150 Russians wd have been nicked but fled the country!

If the Nazis had got across the channel something similar wd have happened here and I wd imagine plenty of anti Semitic feeling too, sadly!

But they were French and their actions were not fully prosecuted as they should have been!

'We are targeted'

Yeh it does tell a story, the Russians if you watch the clips are hardcore hooligans, they attack quick and move on so off course they are not going to be arrested, you have to catch people first. Hardly any Russians are in hospital but lots of English fans who are not hooligans are in hospital.

The only English I have seen on the TV/Internet causing trouble have been louts throwing a bottle at the police which is dumb. Even the Marseilles prosecutor said the extreme violence was just a very small hard core of around 150 Russian ultras randomly attacking fans in bars and pubs. And that's just outside, inside if you bothered to watch the match at full time it consisted of ultras chasing English fans out the stadium. hardly the actions of English hooligans of old.

The report I read was saying that over 150 Russians wd have been nicked but fled the country!
There is an important modal verb there that you chose to shorten.

I'm sure the English-are-innocent campaign would be vindicated if only those Russians hadn't slipped through the net.

FREE THE ENGLAND SIX

Yeh it does tell a story, the Russians if you watch the clips are hardcore hooligans, they attack quick and move on so off course they are not going to be arrested, you have to catch people first. Hardly any Russians are in hospital but lots of English fans who are not hooligans are in hospital.

The only English I have seen on the TV/Internet causing trouble have been louts throwing a bottle at the police which is dumb. Even the Marseilles prosecutor said the extreme violence was just a very small hard core of around 150 Russian ultras randomly attacking fans in bars and pubs. And that's just outside, inside if you bothered to watch the match at full time it consisted of ultras chasing English fans out the stadium. hardly the actions of English hooligans of old.
More of the same supposition.

The fact remains: 6 English arrested; English media and citizens excuse the violence

'We are targeted'

Fucking hell there's a lot of bollocks here. We get it you hate the English blah blah blah but the facts speak for themselves. there's countless videos of the French and Russians starting trouble by throwing chairs and bottles at groups of English outside bars. No doubt you've seen these videos but just refuse to accept it wasn't us who started the vast majority of it.

Back
Top Bottom