Euro 2016 - France

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And not to forget the 2010 World Cup matchup against them in the last 16 where David Villa scored an offside goal to give them the win 1-0.

We won right after 4-0 (friendly), the match where Nani/the ref steal one of the greatest goals Ronaldo has ever scored. Still bummed right now.

And not to forget the 2010 World Cup matchup against them in the last 16 where David Villa scored an offside goal to give them the win 1-0.

We won right after 4-0 (friendly), the match where Nani/the ref steal one of the greatest goals Ronaldo has ever scored. Still bummed right now.

Can only imagine what Ronaldo said to Nani in the changing room.

Can I tell you something mate.

We are so jaded with Europe. Us as a massive football country.

This is the least we have ever cared about a major Championship. Even though we are in it. And after the horrific scenes we've seen in Marseille. We hate it right now. We kind of want out. No one would care if we finished bottom. There is nowhere that has the George flag bar a few supermarkets. We are a bit ashamed. But also defiant. We know those fools don't represent us.

We hate UEFA. We hate FIFA.

We are genuinely becoming an island country. We are sick of everyone hating us.

We hate the next WC going to Russia despite the FIFA panel saying we had the best bid.... The States not getting Qatars FIFA proposal.

It's a massive shame. I used to plan each game meticulously. Who would I see? It was a political nightmare. But we would work it out. All friends would see friends as its once every four years.

Now. We don't care. Like the Eurovision.

I see your point of view, but the violence in Marseille is truly sad to see and nothing that we want to show to our future generations and to promote what we all love, football!

I kinda don´t like to think about Fifa, Uefa and that stuff because there´s nothing I can do to change that. I wish things were different and money won´t dictate things. I am sure we all do. Unfortunately we live in a more complex world every day and I have a mentality that we must do and speak the things that we love in this life because we only got one, right? I love football, I love talking about football, I love different opinions and I love an open discussion that ends in laughs, beer with friends, cheering for our team and trying to see in which ways we could do better and how they got the upper hand on us.

I said it once, I say it again. I hope we meet in the finals, England and Portugal deserve to have some glory because we gave so much to this sport recently.

I see your point of view, but the violence in Marseille is truly sad to see and nothing that we want to show to our future generations and to promote what we all love, football!

I kinda don´t like to think about Fifa, Uefa and that stuff because there´s nothing I can do to change that. I wish things were different and money won´t dictate things. I am sure we all do. Unfortunately we live in a more complex world every day and I have a mentality that we must do and speak the things that we love in this life because we only got one, right? I love football, I love talking about football, I love different opinions and I love an open discussion that ends in laughs, beer with friends, cheering for our team and trying to see in which ways we could do better and how they got the upper hand on us.

I said it once, I say it again. I hope we meet in the finals, England and Portugal deserve to have some glory because we gave so much to this sport recently.

I tell you something,

if you and me met, If 95% of any England fan met you. We would laugh, take the piss out of each other buy each other's beer. And I guarantee we would swap shirts sir. And we would be friends forevermore.

I guarantee it.

I tell you something,

if me and you met. If 95% of any England fan met you. We would laugh, take the piss out of each other buy each other's beer. And I guarantee we would swap shirts sir. And we would be friends forevermore.

I guarantee it.

If you ever stop by near Porto.. that´s a deal!
I am currently in college can´t travel that much but I recently had the opportunity to go to Dortmund to see Dortmund - Porto, unbelievable experience! Beer is way too expensive there though ahah!

Just have to warn you that I only have this Portugal shirt (http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/multimedia/oratvi/multimedia/imagem/id/5333f168e4b068a50ddfd713/620) because in Porto we can´t really stand red and green colors! :D

If you ever stop by near Porto.. that´s a deal!
I am currently in college can´t travel that much but I recently had the opportunity to go to Dortmund to see Dortmund - Porto, unbelievable experience! Beer is way too expensive though ahah!

Just have to warn you that I only have this Portugal shirt (http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/multimedia/oratvi/multimedia/imagem/id/5333f168e4b068a50ddfd713/620) because in Porto we can´t really stand red and green colors! :D

My friend. Be careful. I may take you upon this!

Thank you for your posts. And I will cover all beers. It would be my pleasure after 4! Lol.

Thank you for your refreshing posts after all the nonsense. It means a lot.

I certainly owe you a pint or two....

Please PM me when you're over next and I would be delighted to host you.

I really think you only lack a bit of confidence and above all team play to triumph.

IMO, you guys have the 2nd most talented squad right after Spain. France is overrated and Griezmann/Payet/Pogba won´t deliver every time, Germany defence is the worst I remember, Italy is a good playoff team but nothing more.

The players just need to believe in the partner that is next to him and don´t care about stuff like "you never won an opening match ever". That´s bullshit. In 2004, Portugal only lost 2 matches. Both against Greece. GREECE!! If those fuckers did it, you sure can.
You have everything to do so.

There´s a reason Ronaldo is a team player in Portugal more than he ever was in MU or Real Madrid. He knows we don´t have 3 or 4 Ronaldos on our team. We know what we have and what we don´t.
That´s why we always went far this past years.
Work, work, work.
Confidence, confidence, confidence.

We performed really well v. Russia and would have won comfortably had it not been for shite City players.

Italy were good but Belgium did have many chances.

We've had the most rounded performance of the tournament thus far.
Not sure about that.

Belgium had one clear cut chance. The rest were hopeful balls into the box. Italy forced better saves from TC and Pelle missed a sitter.

Russia were poor and should've been thrashed. England weren't as good as you think.

Not sure about that.

Belgium had one clear cut chance. The rest were hopeful balls into the box. Italy forced better saves from TC and Pelle missed a sitter.

Russia were poor and should've been thrashed. England weren't as good as you think.
We were so poor and its all linked to our coach who has no cojones at all, even playing like we did we got a few clear cut chances. Your coach trashed ours

Why not lay De Bruyne on the left, where he was putting in great crosses for Wolfsburg and Man City, and Hazard/Meterns in the middle.
They also hold onto the ball far too long, you really only need one player doing that in the middle.
Every time Hazard got it he had it for 5 -10 seconds.
Fuck knows what Fellani is doing playing in midfield.
They seem to play all their players out of position to me. They have good options.
Either Mertens/carrasco on the right, De Bruyne on the left either Hazard/mertens middle Lukaku up top in front of Dembele and either Hazard /Carrasco who both like to dribble and pass/lay off open up defences.

Why not lay De Bruyne on the left, where he was putting in great choses for Wolfsburg and Man City, and Hazrd in the middle.
They also hold onto the ball far too long, you really only need one player doing that in the middle.
Either Mertens/carrasco on the right, De Bruyne on the left either Hazard/mertens middle Lukaku up top in front of Dembele and either Hazard /Carrasco who both like to dribble and pass/lay off open up defences.
Mertens is not an international footballer. He was garbage.

Why not lay De Bruyne on the left, where he was putting in great crosses for Wolfsburg and Man City, and Hazard/Meterns in the middle.
They seem to play all their players out of position to me. They have good options.
One answer to all those questions : Wilmots has no clue

Back
Top Bottom