Euro 2016 - France

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think semi's is negative.
Good achievement in my opinion.

I also dont think saying u dont think england will win it is negative.
We arent the favourites or anything.

I thought we would easily finish ahead of Woolwich for 2nd in the last few wks of the season.
Soooo negative. I thought we would get at least a draw at newcastle too.
Selective memory u have.
He's just a cunt Scott, nowt to be done

Last edited:
It's too early to say.

If Kane gets six goals we can win it. If Zlatan, Bale someone else etc does they can win it too.

Not everyone has even played yet.
I dont think ours, sweden or wales defence is good enough to win it.

I think france or germany. Was hoping maybe belgium but cant see it as they never seem to gel.

The true problem your nation has is its taste for collective denial.

Just read the current BBC article critically and it is clear that English violent involvement was as much or more than that the Russians.

Euro 2016: 150 Russians 'behind' violence - BBC News
A bbc article hmmm.

I think most english have accepted we were partly to blame & still have a lot of idiots.
But it seems clear that the russians were a lot worse than our lot on this occasion.

I dont think semi's is negative.
Good achievement in my opinion.

I also dont think saying u dont think england will win it is negative.
We arent the favourites or anything.

I thought we would easily finish ahead of Woolwich for 2nd in the last few wks of the season.
Soooo negative. I thought we would get at least a draw at newcastle too.
Selective memory u have.
theres nothing to significantly suggest we are going to finish top 4 this season

but i think u are mad for thinking we are competing with city in the league!
poch will do superb if we finish within 10 pts of city.

we arent competing for the title with city.

but suprinsingly some people still think we can get top 4. i guess they are very optimistic & less miserable & realistic than me.

Oh yea, all about dem positive vibes. This was just from the most basic search. I could delve deeper. Like when you used to call Poch a puppet and shit like that? You spending the last 2 weeks of the season backtracking on your whole year of saying we'd come as low as 7th don't change that you're negative. It's not selective, it's that those times you entertain positivity are anomalies when faced with the facts.

Anyway, England,

There's 5-6 sides that can take these championship's and we are certainly one. We've beaten Germany, Portugal, France, Switzerland etc. in the past year.

We should be aiming to win. It's not like there is a side like Argentina knocking about, a team head and shoulders above the rest.

We have a starting 11 consisting 45% of one side (US!!!) so the chemistry in the side is good. The most entertaining (and best, still Fuck Leicester) side in the league this past season. The successful Spain sides had similar familiarity, as did the German side.

It's like you're adverse to even thinking these thoughts.

Knocked out in the semi's would be disappointing. Same as it was in '96.

Stop talking bollocks you idiot.

You're embarrassing yourself
Audere Audere , I expect you to see beyond the jaundice of the English press. If you all bask in a victim fantasy you'll never change. If you don't change, you might get kicked out.

Maybe you don't want to change from being world football's worst fans. It's not something I'd be proud of

A bbc article hmmm.

I think most english have accepted we were partly to blame & still have a lot of idiots.
But it seems clear that the russians were a lot worse than our lot on this occasion.
We're all laughing at the victim narrative you're trying to peddle. It's all so transparent and pathetic

Audere Audere , I expect you to see beyond the jaundice of the English press. If you all bask in a victim fantasy you'll never change. If you don't change, you might get kicked out.

Maybe you don't want to change from being world football's worst fans. It's not something I'd be proud of

However you project your sorry bitterness is your business. But don't even try and wind me up with your lame highland terrier ankle bites. It simply won't wash.

You hate your own country more than you hate mine. That's sad. Tragic even. But I won't bite.

Hey. Here's a real thing. If England get booted out after the next game it turns out that Scotland, as the next best qualifier inherit our points and take our place for the third game!

You better pray we win and kick off so your sorry fuckwit cloggers get a smell of an international tournament in your, obviously limited lifetime.

Now stop greeting and get cheering you sad barrel wanker.

The true problem your nation has is its taste for collective denial.

Just read the current BBC article critically and it is clear that English violent involvement was as much or more than that the Russians.

Euro 2016: 150 Russians 'behind' violence - BBC News
I haven't seen a single Englishman in denial, every single person I have spoken to acknowledges the element is there, as have I just a few pages back, as have the press, as have the news outlets, as have the governing bodies.
What sticks in the craw is there is overwhelming evidence it was instigated by French on first night, then the Russians.
100% those English who wanted it also got what they came for. But having followed Spurs in Eutope I and mates have been with have been targeted, singled out and attacked, it ain't nice.
The past couple of days have seen sustained and highly organized attacks on ordinary fans enjoying a beer. The French prosecution has acknowledged this yet not one Russian has been nicked, only English. I have no way of knowing if those that have been nicked were defending themselves or their for their kicks but given the reports it wouldn't supprise me that it's a bit of both.

I haven't seen a single Englishman in denial, every single person I have spoken to acknowledges the element is there, as have I just a few pages back, as have the press, as have the news outlets, as have the governing bodies.
What sticks in the craw is there is overwhelming evidence it was instigated by French on first night, then the Russians.
100% those English who wanted it also got what they came for. But having followed Spurs in Eutope I and mates have been with have been targeted, singled out and attacked, it ain't nice.
The past couple of days have seen sustained and highly organized attacks on ordinary fans enjoying a beer. The French prosecution has acknowledged this yet not one Russian has been nicked, only English. I have no way of knowing if those that have been nicked were defending themselves or their for their kicks but given the reports it wouldn't supprise me that it's a bit of both.

He's not reading that Guido.

The twat is now desperately searching the Internet on his Nokia lumia 520 to see if what I said is true. Lol. Tragic Scottish oil monkey.

I'm sure his English foreman will set him straight soon and ensure that sweet, sweet black gold keeps pumping it's way to the capital.

Set him to his task.

Last edited:
You spending the last 2 weeks of the season backtracking on your whole year of saying we'd come as low as 7th.

Yes, I thought we would be deducted pts in the last month or so & end up 7th.
U keep making up stuff.

I thought we would get 4th before the final 2 wks.

& it isnt back track thinking u will win & finish 2nd. I was overly positive in the end on that one.
Just like the many games I thought we would win but didnt at the start of the season. So not just the last 2 wks.

yes, like many I thought we would end up about 7th. I still dont think thats overly negative. Its about par for most predictions for us.

England havent got to a final in my lifetime.
& this isnt anywhere near our best team in that time.
So I dont see why its so negative not go think we will win it.

& 100% would be proud of reaching the semis even if u wouldnt.

PS. Our euro 96 team was better!

Both teams we beat recently.

Aww now there's a team. How cute. Round 'em up, boy.

Maybe it'll be competitive.
friendlies. I wouldnt compare them to a major competition game.
we lost at home to holland who didnt qualify. Who cares!

We are so bad when we play a good team in a competitive match.
when did we last beat a good side in a major competition?

You are a bad boy who says fuck the police.
I aint gonna take u on. So no need to go down that route.
Just a bit of friendly euro 2016 chat.

How slow must Vince's internet connection be?

I would argue that if he was on an off shore rig it would be better than a Dundee bedsits mobile data from 3.

It's a real shame.

Anyway. It's great. I'm looking forward to Thursday. It's great to be in it.

Wales, Northern Ireland, and Eire. It's a party!

Sorry Rod Stewart's XI next time lol.

As if. When your in the same pot as the Faroe Islands.....as Harry would say.

It's difficult.

Back
Top Bottom