EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will normally defend the BBC but their coverage of this incident was an insult to humanity, what kind of ghoul would show extended coverage of a man dying during a football match? Whichever producers allowed that on-pitch footage today be broadcast should be arrested.

Thank God for that!
Was listening to it on Talksport on the way into work. It’s harrowing when it’s any player, but when it’s someone who was one of ours for so many years, it hit hard.

Please God he makes a FULL recovery.

I’m not defending the bbc but they were not their pictures but they should have cut as soon as it was looking bad . In situations like that I presume it’s chaos , cameramen not knowing what do to , directors not knowing what to do but the BBC along with other broadcasters should have gone back to the studio regardless what was being streamed to them .

I will normally defend the BBC but their coverage of this incident was an insult to humanity, what kind of ghoul would show extended coverage of a man dying during a football match? Whichever producers allowed that on-pitch footage today be broadcast should be arrested.
I don't think the BBC have control over cameras in the ground. Should have cut away tho asap

One thing I will say, as much as we have been shocked by this event, massive kudos needs to go to the medical staff for turning a potentially tragic event into one of hope and, relatively speaking, a good news story.

He needs to retire, he can't put his wife and family through the agony of watching him play with the fear of this ever happening again.

Go out a champion, spend time with his loved ones, take stock of what he wants to do with the rest of his life and count every day as a blessing. And when he's well enough come back to The Lane and we'll show you how much we care.

Following the medical emergency involving Denmark’s player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET. The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised.

I'd presume he suffered a cardiac arrest, awful

Match will restart at 19:45 Local time from UEFA. What the fuck are they thinking? The players will be in a very heavy mental state at the moment to play football...

I think it is just that more information is coming out then not that the match is restarting, unless there is something else out there.

From someone who unfortunately has some experience in this area, if they got him to regain consciousness and to a hospital while conscious, it’s a really good sign for survival (which is all that matters at this point).

Back
Top Bottom