Euro 2024 Draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like France would get Belgium in the QF and England in the SF if everything goes as expected.

Beaten both of you in the past two major tournaments so I’m feeling good about this. 4th major final out of 5?

Looks like France would get Belgium in the QF and England in the SF if everything goes as expected.

Beaten both of you in the past two major tournaments so I’m feeling good about this. 4th major final out of 5?

You got battered by us when we played and were saved by poor refereeing & luck and since then Bellingham & Kane have gone up levels and so have Rice, Saka etc. Meanwhile you’ve declined.

2-0 England. Bellingham to confirm what we all know: he’s taken Mbappe’s crown as the worlds golden boy.

You got battered by us when we played and were saved by poor refereeing & luck and since then Bellingham & Kane have gone up levels and so have Rice, Saka etc. Meanwhile you’ve declined.

2-0 England. Bellingham to confirm what we all know: he’s taken Mbappe’s crown as the worlds golden boy.
You had a full strength team out. We were missing half our starting XI and the bundesligas top scorer AND assister at the time. If we had had just one of those - Benzema - we’d have won two world cups in a row. The guy had got hat tricks against Man City and Chelsea in the CL that year and was ballon d’or winner.

We've replaced a fading Lloris with the best keeper in the world. We’ve got the best left back and the best left winger in the world. We’ve got the best centreback pairing in the tournament. We’ve got a clever coach who has reached 3 finals.

Our tournament record is outstanding. We haven’t been beaten in normal time in a tournament since losing to the eventual winners, Germany, in 2014. That’s an astonishing achievement. In a whole decade we’ll have lost one final in the 116th minute and two penalty shoot outs. Otherwise straight Ws.

We are the best two teams in the competition though and it’s not that close. I said after last years QF that we would play many more big games over the coming decade. It’s going to be intense.

Last edited:
You had a full strength team out. We were missing half our starting XI and the bundesligas top scorer AND assister at the time. If we had had just one of those - Benzema - we’d have won two world cups in a row. The guy had got hat tricks against Man City and Chelsea in the CL that year and was ballon d’or winner.

We've replaced a fading Lloris with the best keeper in the world. We’ve got the best left back and the best left winger in the world. We’ve got the best centreback pairing in the tournament. We’ve got a clever coach who has reached 3 finals. We haven’t been beaten in normal time in a tournament since losing to the eventual winners, Germany, in 2014. That’s an astonishing achievement. In a whole decade we’ll have lost one final in the 116th minute and two penalty shoot outs. Otherwise straight Ws.

We are the best two teams in the competition though and it’s not that close. I said after last years QF that we would play many more big games over the coming decade. It’s going to be intense.

I mean I could pick at other bits of this but that part stands out .. the best keeper in the world is Alisson mate, it isn't particularly close either. I assume you're talking about the perpetually injured Maignan who even when not injured is still definitely not better than Alisson at all.

Since the WC a lot of that England team has stepped up. Bellingham and Kane are the two Ballon d'or front-runners and you've got a good handful of others like Maddison and Rice who are PL TOTY shoe-in's currently.

If Southgate can find a way to get the best out of Bellingham + Kane we win the tournament imo.

Oh …

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/7Br27L8kX0I?si=Rpr9SfE3SpquRQHB

And Grizou is in the form of his life. He has 15 goals in 20 games this season including 4 in 5 CL games.

Form of his life and he's getting outdone by a 20 year old midfielder who is Madrid's new Zidane.

Happy Real Madrid GIF

Bellingham is the real deal - great player.

But I’ll take Mbappé.

Edit: comparing someone with 3 good months to Zidane who has scored World Cup final and champions league final winners and dragged his team to another World Cup final… that is peak England fan !

Let’s calm down a little before another great English talent is ruined.

Bellingham is the real deal - great player.

But I’ll take Mbappé.

Edit: comparing someone with 3 good months to Zidane who has scored World Cup final and champions league final winners and dragged his team to another World Cup final… that is peak England fan !

Let’s calm down a little before another great English talent is ruined.

Nothing can ruin Bellingham aside from horrific injuries. He is insane, I haven’t seen a talent as developed as he is at the age of 20 ever.

Madridistas are the ones making that comparison, not just England fans. They’re blown away by him every single week as well. They couldn’t give less of a shit about Mbappe anymore, they’ve got the complete package of a youngster. All of Mbappe’s talent with the attitude and professionalism of a 35 year old.

Nothing can ruin Bellingham aside from horrific injuries. He is insane, I haven’t seen a talent as developed as he is at the age of 20 ever.

Madridistas are the ones making that comparison, not just England fans. They’re blown away by him every single week as well. They couldn’t give less of a shit about Mbappe anymore, they’ve got the complete package of a youngster. All of Mbappe’s talent with the attitude and professionalism of a 35 year old.
I love the hubris. Such confidence despite so little accomplished.

I love the hubris. Such confidence despite so little accomplished.

Current betting front-runner for Ballon d’or, go bet on your boy Kylian if you’re so convinced he won’t continue to back it up.

Anyone who doubts Bellingham at this point is kidding themselves as much as the people who doubted Mbappe.

He’s already world class and the star for Real fucking Madrid. Like their main man. MADRID.

Current betting front-runner for Ballon d’or, go bet on your boy Kylian if you’re so convinced he won’t continue to back it up.

Anyone who doubts Bellingham at this point is kidding themselves as much as the people who doubted Mbappe.

He’s already world class and the star for Real fucking Madrid. Like their main man. MADRID.
I’ve said he’s the real deal.

But when we’re talking about expectations for the biggest games, I’ll weight experience more highly than promise. So for now I’m happier to have a player who’s scored a hat trick in a World Cup final or a decisive hat trick at the Nou Camp in a CL knockout game over someone who has been playing at the highest level for less than half a season. By contrast, Bellingham has one goal for England -against Iran.

I understand your excitement though - he’s a great player.

I’ve said he’s the real deal.

But when we’re talking about expectations for the biggest games, I’ll weight experience more highly than promise. So for now I’m happier to have a player who’s scored a hat trick in a World Cup final or a decisive hat trick at the Nou Camp in a CL knockout game over someone who has been playing at the highest level for less than half a season. Bellingham was one goal for England, against Iran.

I understand your excitement though - he’s a great player.

Bellingham only very recently scored 2 in an El Classico against a much more competent Barcelona team to win the game. At the Nou Camp.

And he doesn’t have many England goals because until now he’s been used as a box to box because he’s so versatile. And he was England’s stand-out player at the WC in said role.

Bellingham only very recently scored 2 in an El Classico against a much more competent Barcelona team to win the game. At the Nou Camp.

And he doesn’t have many England goals because until now he’s been used as a box to box because he’s so versatile. And he was England’s stand-out player at the WC in said role.
That’s the point. Let’s wait until he’s done it before crowning him King.

On the one hand, the luck of the draw for Germany is unbearable, but on the other hand, the elimination in the preliminary round is all the more fun!

The only chance this France squad has against this generation of England players is Gareth Southgate.

Your best player only wants to live in a bubble where nobody can touch him or challenge him. Dembele couldn’t make a success of it in Barca where you only play 2-3 tough games a season.

Griezmann is your most important player and one that might actually show up to hurt us but he’s getting on these days.

Your CBs are the worst I can remember and you have one decent FB. No clue who your GK even is.

Do you have a captain?

AndyThe only chance this France squad has against this generation of England players is Gareth Southgate.

Your best player only wants to live in a bubble where nobody can touch him or challenge him. Dembele couldn’t make a success of it in Barca where you only play 2-3 tough games a season.

Griezmann is your most important player and one that might actually show up to hurt us but he’s getting on these days.

Your CBs are the worst I can remember and you have one decent FB. No clue who your GK even is.

Do you have a captain?
little britain GIF

Back
Top Bottom