Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
no, don't think i did. If you really think the new manager will go strong in this and risk the top 4 then I think you have definitely mis-read the majority opinion and what levy has shown with poch who was told top 4 was the priority. We should use this competition purely to get injured players fit, reserve/fringe players and maybe those we want to send on loan. Doing that will help us more in the long term.

Why bother playing if we don't play to win? We should use this competition to try and win a trophy, as we should do for any competition we are in ... Playing for the 4th place trophy to make up the numbers in the CL? How did years of doing that work out for the Woolwich? turned them into spineless jelly-backs, no way do we want to follow that path.

I'd love us to win this next season. prior to the more recent ECL runs playing in the cup winners cup in 91-92 and eufa in 99-00 we played a mixture of European minnows and decent teams with European pedigree. It might be our best chance of silverware so we shouldn't get all high and mighty about this trophy given our current drought. Win it and build for the future.

While it is a bit annoying that we're in this, these sorts of games will be great experience for Skipp, Sessegnon, Tanganga and Scarlett - with how seriously we took the UEL last season there were less chances for youth and these sort of games have been huge for youngsters in years gone by (Kane being the best example).

Those magical Euro nights under the floodlights all in white are just around the corner .
I ain't heard of 99% but who cares when Sissoko scores ,and Winks lifts the trophy.
( In Khazistan )
Glory Glory nights

Last edited:
I will never stop supporting...its not something I can choose its just part of me like most of us...
But yes I'm sick of levy and enic and all this bullshit year after year..mistake after mistake after pathetic decision. By a parasite who clearly has no interest in football or care for it, are you not sick of all this too?
It's ruining my enjoyment of football, we deserve some hope and ambition at least..
I don't enjoy feeling this way and if it had not been going on for so long with no chance of anything changing maybe I wouldn't feel so dejected and worn down..I would even take a billionaire oil sheik or wannabe Russian mobster/politician if we could just have some excitement and hope back.

Larne would be amazing, a fantastic sporting moment for us in Northern Ireland to have Spurs over here.

While Larne rightfully will want Spurs at Inver Park, I wonder if they would consider playing it at Windsor Park to maximize revenue from a crowd.

Larne have (with substantial investment) rose from the 2nd Division in NI to being a real force in the top Division. A real amazing story despite some bitterness (jealousy) regarding their finances.

these Kane shenanigans are completely deflecting attention away from this momentous day in our clubs history where we find out our first ever opponents in the European Vauxhall Conference League. Disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom