Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
Europa league is that. This is poor mans version
Europa is the continuation of the Uefa, though a bit easier than in the old days as now more good teams go into the champions league.

The Cup winners cup was always the weakest European competition, just as this new one sees to be.

We won the inaugural Uefa cup and I wouldn't turn my nose up if we won this, we are European pioneers after all. I'll take any European trophy to be honest.

I may be in a minority but I am really looking forward to taking my seat in August to watch European Football, irrespective of the actual comp.

“It’s magnificent to be in Europe, and this club – a club like Tottenham Hotspur – if we’re not in Europe…. we’re nothing. We’re nothing.” - Bill Nicholson

no, don't think i did. If you really think the new manager will go strong in this and risk the top 4 then I think you have definitely mis-read the majority opinion and what levy has shown with poch who was told top 4 was the priority. We should use this competition purely to get injured players fit, reserve/fringe players and maybe those we want to send on loan. Doing that will help us more in the long term.
It is this attitude that is why we have not won a trophy. Top 4 is not a trophy but just an entry to the CL.

First qualifying round is drawn and here is the list:

Group 1
Levadia Tallinn (EST)* vs St Joseph's (GIB)
Inter Turku (FIN) vs Puskás Akadémia (HUN)*
Dečić (MNE) vs Drita (KOS)*
Sūduva (LTU)* vs Valmiera (LVA)

Group 2
La Fiorita 1967 (SMR)* vs Birkirkara (MLT)
Mons Calpe (GIB) vs Santa Coloma (AND)*
Velež (BIH) vs Coleraine (NIR)*
Domžale (SVN)* vs Swift Hesper (LUX)

Group 3
Shkupi 1987 (MKD)* vs Llapi (KOS)
Dinamo Batumi (GEO) vs Tre Penne (SMR)*
Sfintul Gheorghe (MDA) vs Partizani (ALB)*
Maribor (SVN)* vs Urartu (ARM)

Group 4
Laçi (ALB)* vs Podgorica (MNE)
Milsami Orhei (MDA) vs FK Sarajevo (BIH)*
Noah (ARM) vs KuPS Kuopio (FIN)*
Žilina (SVK)* vs Dila Gori (GEO)

Group 5
FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL)* vs Sligo Rovers (IRL)
Paide Linnameeskond (EST) vs Śląsk Wrocław (POL)*
RFS (LVA) vs KÍ Klaksvík (FRO)*
Bala Town (WAL)* vs Larne (NIR)

Group 6
Fehérvár FC (HUN)* vs Ararat Yerevan (ARM)
Gagra (GEO) vs Sutjeska (MNE)*
Sileks (MKD) vs Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA)*
Široki Brijeg (BIH)* vs Vllaznia (ALB)

Group 7
Stjarnan (ISL)* vs Bohemians (IRL)
Glentoran (NIR) vs The New Saints (WAL)*
Sant Julià (AND) vs Gzira United FC (MLT)*
Europa (GIB)* vs Kauno Žalgiris (LTU)

Group 8
Dundalk (IRL)* vs Newtown (WAL)
Spartak Trnava (SVK)* vs Mosta (MLT)
Struga (MKD) vs Liepāja (LVA)*
Racing FC Union Lëtzebuerg (LUX) vs Breidablik (ISL)*
Honka Espoo (FIN) vs NSÍ Runavík (FRO)*

Now, which team has the funniest name? :sherwoodlol:

I'd like to avoid the entire tournament
0_UEFA-President-Aleksander-Ceferin-unveils-the-UEFA-Europa-Conference-League-trophy.jpg

I would like us to be the first winners of this gem.

This cup is a joke, and I think we are s bit of a joke for even being in this tin pot conference shit..
Think we should just get out of it right away, we won't win it anyway as our recent history clearly shows...

Yes because we've got sooooooo many trophies in recent history that we can turn up our noses at it.

Blood some of our youngsters alongside some experience in the group stages, then start taking it more seriously if we reach the latter rounds.

I want a fucking trophy and this one will do for now if we can get it. I quite fancy spurs being the inaugural winners of the European Conference League.

If it wasn't for the fact us dropping a place in the league would leave us behind Woolwich, I'd have advocated us losing to Leicester and not had Europe rather than play in this shit.

You're happy for us to lose?

Not a good look.

I enjoyed battering Leicester.... Far from a dead rubber... Both had something to play for. Great game.

Back
Top Bottom