Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
Why would you spend time on this

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin
I'm a Spurs supporter. We're all masochists aren't we?

Having looked through the list I would like to avoid the Albanian ones as an away supporter. Those stadiums looks dire. The Icelandic ones seems fine nature-wise but I can imagine very cold during autumn/winter. The most spectacular ones are the one in Giabraltar with a view of the rock, and then the hole in Georgia benath the mountains.

Last edited:
This cup is a joke, and I think we are s bit of a joke for even being in this tin pot conference shit..
Think we should just get out of it right away, we won't win it anyway as our recent history clearly shows...

Why should you care?

.....Didn't you quit supporting a week or two back?

Maybe I am the only Spurs fan in the world who likes watching us play as many games as possible but I am looking forward to this competition.
Should be a great chance for our academy players to play long periods instead of 5 or 10 minutes in games when we are 5-0 up.
But if our manager next season decides to play many first teamers I certainly do not mind at all the prospect us winning a few games 4, 5 or 6-0.

We should treat this as a competition for the academy players. If I were the manager I’m not even sure I’d attend the matches. Just let the academy staff run it.
I think people really need to stop and consider the extent to which this sort of viewpoint is just doing the handiwork of the European Super League as a concept and an ideology.

Now, there is a LOT UEFA could do to make their secondary competitions more effective and dramatic. In structure and perhaps even more so in name the ECL as it exists just proves they've lost the plot. I get and accept all of that, and have a million ideas for improving things.

But it's European silverware, and we should compete for it proudly and sincerely.

11 Europa League / UEFA Cup appearances since 99/00.
The teams that have knocked us out;

Kaiserslautern
Sevilla
PSV
Shakhtar
PAOK / Shamrock / Rubin Kazan
Inter
Benfica
Fiorentina
Dortmund
Gent
Zagreb

The best we have done is the Quarter Finals twice.
We won't win this if we don't respect the competition or opposition.

Well, I was there for the start of this competition - Glentoran 1 The New Saints 1 last night.

Once upon a time, UEFA launched a new third-tier competition, with both Spurs and the Glens in the first edition - and Spurs went onto win that first UEFA Cup. I’m taking this as a good omen!

15 or 17 games till glory.........

Roma and Villareal "look like" the only credible opposition but I can see many frustrating Thursday nights ahead where we scrape a 1 nil win over a bunch of part timers or are held to a boring crappy draw.

And then the manager comes out with stuff like "There are no easy games in modern football......"

Remember that teams that do poorly in the Europa League will drop into this competition during the knockout phase. So some more decent teams will be in there later on.

If everything went by seeding through all the competitions (which obviously it won't), but here would be the pots for each competition, to give idea about the strength of each competition when we get to group stages.

Champs League
Pot 1Manchester CityManchester UnitedAtletico MadridBayern Munich
LilleInter MilanSporting LisbonZenit St Petersburg
Pot 2Real MadridBarcelonaJuventusParis St Germain
LiverpoolSevillaChelseaBorussia Dortmund
Pot 3PortoAjaxShakhtar DonetskRB Leipzig
RB SalzburgBenficaAtalantaBesiktas
Pot 4Dynamo KievSlavia PragueOlympiakosMonaco
Club BruggeYoung BoysAC MilanWolfsburg
Europa League
Pot 1LyonNapoliBayer LeverkusenDinamo Zagreb
LazioCopenhagenSporting BragaCeltic
Pot 2Eintracht FrankfurtRed Star BelgradeLeicester CityRangers
Lokomotiv MoscowGenkPSV EindhovenLudogorets Razgrad
Pot 3MarseilleAZ AlkmaarWest Ham UnitedReal Sociedad
Real BetisFenerbahceMalmoSpartak Moscow
Pot 4Sparta PragueRapid ViennaCFR ClujLegia Warsaw
MidtjyllandGalatasarayOmonia NicosiaFerencvaros
Conference League
Pot 1RomaTottenham HotspurVillarrealBasel
GentAnderlechtLASK LinzFeyenoord
Pot 2Maccabbi Tel AvivQarabagSteauaPAOK Salonika
AEK AthensRennesPartizan BelgradeZorya Luhansk
Pot 3Union BerlinSheriff TirsapolAntwerpF91 Dudelange
Pacos de FerreiraVitesse ArnhemSturm GrazSt. Johnstone
Pot 4RandersBodo/GlimtShkendijaKairat
Neftci BakuMuraShakytor SoligorskSlovan Bratislava

So last 16 of Conference League if everything went to seedings would be the Pot 1 Conference teams listed above against the Pot 3 Europa League teams listed above, as the 3rd ranked Europa League teams would all be rated higher than 2nd tier Conference league.
Means winning the group would be important to avoid extra 2 matches.

But it would start to get serious in last 16 with based on coefficeients

Roma, Tottenham, West Ham, Villarreal, Real Betis, Real Sociedad, Basel, Marseille, Feyenoord, AZ Alkmaar, Fenerbahce, Spartak Moscow, Malmo, Linz, Gent, Anderlecht

Last edited:
I don't care whether this is the smallest of the three European cups. Fans will be back and there will be some sensational, collector's items of away trips, hopefully a lot of goals and chances for the young lads.

We are one, if the not the strongest team in the competion. I don't care what the other teams are saying.

Let's go and win this trophy. Make sure we go all the way. Fuck the rest. Up the Spurs!

Last edited:
The whole thing is embarrassing. I'd rather play all the kids and not let anyone destined for the PL anywhere near it including coaching staff.

Yes because we have SOOOOOOO many trophies in recent years, we can afford to turn our noses up at this one...

Grow up and get some realism.

All you do is fucking moan so why don't you delete your account and piss off. Cheers

Please lock this thread and burn it.
Fucking shit like this is why we're headed back to the 1990s
I'd have bitten your arm off for a run out in Uefa's third tier European competition back in the 90's.

An early round exit to Kaiserlautern under George Graham which wasn't even televised didn't count for much, and that was our one appearance of the decade.

Back
Top Bottom