Europa League 2012/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rosie47 said:
From the BBC:

Tottenham midfielder David Bentley hints that he could be persuaded to extend his loan stint at Russian side FC Rostov beyond January.

"Long term, we will see what happens," says the former Blackburn midfielder. "I am going there to hopefully enjoy my football. If things work out, then we will see what happens from there."

Considering there's a winter break from mid-December to mid-March I'd be surprised if he spent his winter there.

Well he left "gifted young winger" a while ago, so while he might not be at "journeyman midfielder" just yet, I'd say he's on a mid trip overnight stay at "thought he was better than he was but could have a future at Stoke".

S.L.R said:
Well he left "gifted young winger" a while ago, so while he might not be at "journeyman midfielder" just yet, I'd say he's on a mid trip overnight stay at "thought he was better than he was but could have a future at Stoke".
He's currently at "former English international".

I wonder if Lazio fans really were are racist? Huh, I guess I'll never know. I wish there were some fans that could come on here and let me know. Last I heard they were radical fascists.

SanDiegoYiddo said:
I wonder if Lazio fans really were are racist? Huh, I guess I'll never know. I wish there were some fans that could come on here and let me know. Last I heard they were radical fascists.
I'll ask them when I'm in Rome if you want? Preferably not the stabby ones

Nazio fans at White Hart Lane doing monkey chants towards Jermain Defoe? I'M SHOCKED I TELL YOU. They were angels, we were told. That stuff was old history, a thing of the past.

What a dirty, vile club that is a shame on all of Europe. One of the few football clubs the whole sport would be better off without.

vadimivich said:
Nazio fans at White Hart Lane doing monkey chants towards Jermain Defoe? I'M SHOCKED I TELL YOU. They were angels, we were told. That stuff was old history, a thing of the past.

What a dirty, vile club that is a shame on all of Europe. One of the few football clubs the whole sport would be better off without.

But they seemed so nice, I just don't know what to believe anymore :vdvcry:

Please tell me what you would do to stop a minority of idiots that are following the same team that you love.
Unfortunately they are the most visible ones as they go to all the matches abroad.

It's very easy to generalize the way you are doing, insulting 2 millions of Lazio fans because of few people's behaviour.
It's like saying that all the Spanish are Franco's nostalgic or all the Germans are nazis!

It's many years that we are fighting against fascism and racism as you can read in Lazio fans forums like:
www.lazio.net
www.biancocelesti.org

We have organized anti-racist banners and showed them in the stadium.

So, what is your recipe?
How did you solve the problem of hooligans?
Did you do it as football fans or the government decided new strict laws?

We are doing everything is in our possibilities, I don't accept you insulting all of us!

JustLazio said:
So, what is your recipe?
How did you solve the problem of hooligans?
Did you do it as football fans or the government decided new strict laws?

We are doing everything is in our possibilities, I don't accept you insulting all of us!

You are right, it is unfair of us all to generalise and call all Lazio fans racist. But there is a definite history of this kind of thing going on at your club. The Irony being that during the 20s Lazio actually resisted Fascist attempts to conglomerate all the football clubs in Rome under one name (AS Roma.) Unfortunately Italian football has a bad reputation, of both racist chanting, and match fixing. Lazio themselves have been relegated to Serie B more than once due to betting scandals. It doesn't paint a pretty picture does it?

I'm not saying British football is perfect, but we don't have any of those problems that is for sure.

As for Hooliganism, it was defeated over time, both by a change in attitude from the fans themselves. and tougher laws from the FA, and the UK Government. If the Italians really wanted Racism out of their stadiums you would remove it. Make it something unacceptable and it will soon fade away as the majority of fans impose their will on the mindless minority.

As for what UEFA should do about the monkey chants last night, I think Lazio should get a points deduction. Fines are not a relevant punishment in the days of multi millionaire football. Force the clubs to take responsibility for their fans by taking direct action and showing them this behaviour will not be tolerated. Sadly UEFA will likely give them a 10 euro fine and a slap on the wrists.

Lazio fans on here - let me ask you this.

is it really a minority of fans if Spurs fans at the other end of the stadium can clearly hear the chants?

Maybe the problem is bigger than you think?

Dru said:
Lazio fans on here - let me ask you this.

is it really a minority of fans if Spurs fans at the other end of the stadium can clearly hear the chants?

Maybe the problem is bigger than you think?

6401703g69.gif

Back
Top Bottom