Europa League 2015/2016

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cool story, bro

Now sell us Aubameyang

HnTFiHq.gif

:pochrolleyes:

Hello, I am a supporter of Borussia Dortmund and I want to express how happy we are to meet such a great, great club in its current shape like Tottenham. We LOVE UK football here in Germany, because it is so honest and true to itself: No pain simulations when a fly hits your player, dives are very rare, great tackles are cheered upon by the supporters. Our heroes can be defense players (like Sokratis is in our team).

I personally feel that this game will be a big advertisement for the UEFA League. Games like these are the reasons why I am in love with soccer (or do you say football?). The majority of BVB fans gives a flying fuck about winning or losing, we want atmosphere, fights, great games that are true to the sport and a winner who deserves to be called a winner.

I don't know which of our teams will succeed to enter the next round finals, but I know that soccer itself will be the winner. We should swear an oath though: The team that will win needs to make sure that no club from the south, who value acting more than soccer, will win the title, ok?

Maybe the best team win.... and AMA (ask me anything), I will try to answer.

Already buzzing for next seasons away trips - have absolutely no time for cretins who didn't want us to qualify for this - but that's another debate in itself. Shame West Ham sneaked in through the back door - they'll 100% draw all the good trips.

Anyone got any stand out trips they wanna do? If Dortmund win the German Cup next week, they'll be in it and would love to draw them. Preferably in the groups - so they don't knock us out.

Most teams already decided for the first qualifying round : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_UEFA_Europa_League#First_qualifying_round

Rest of teams / qualification routes here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_UEFA_Europa_League

Next seasons final is at Basel.

We're all gaaaan' on a European Tour. :thumbup:

Here are a few Dortmund views on drawing the mighty Spurs.

Hans-Joachim Watzke (Chairman and CEO): “A fantastic opponent. There will be two great evenings of football at White Hart Lane and at Signal Iduna Park. We are looking forward to both encounters.”

Michael Zorc (Sporting Director): “Tottenham are the most difficult side that we could have been up against, but it’s also a hugely appealing fixture.”

Thomas Tuchel (Head Coach): “I think it’s a golden opportunity; very difficult but also hugely appealing. We are looking forward to two exciting matches. On a personal level I’m looking forward to meeting a special Coach and I’m already looking forward to the amazing atmosphere in the return leg at White Hart Lane.”

Mats Hummels (Captain): “It’s a golden opportunity, everything that we had imagined in the Europa League and the next crunch encounter after Porto. We are very happy with the draw. I think we’ve got a good chance of progressing, but to do so we have to produce the goods”.

They seem like absolute gents. Hats off to them.

Just quickly checked a few BVB sites - the reaction is about the same as here. Best comment I saw was: "mist, tottenham ist verdammt gefährlich" (crap, Tottenham is damn dangerous).

Should be an absolutely cracking tie, with second in the table in the PL v. second in the table in BL facing off ... two great sets of supporters as well. Spurs in Westfalenstadion will be amazing.

Flight booked. Now I need a ticket

Anyone has an educated guess as to allocation/loyalty points cut?

Hello Dear,
I heard about your ticket famine. very sad story, make my cry.
I am Didier Aubameyang, cousin of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang & nephew of the King of Gabon.
My cousin Pierre has given me 2 tickets to Dortman vs totteham in the your-rope cup.
they very good seats. no too high like on elephants back.

I very much like go! but my monkey hugo is very sick. so I must stay & care for him.

I need u deposit $200 to my Gabon account. once I have the monies, I will send you the tickets by fast
cheetah express.

They are ruthless. They attack with pace from the likes of Aubamayang and Reus but they've also got the guile and skill of Mkhitaryan and even Kagawa

I prefer this side to the Klopp one. But I think it'll be a great test for both teams.
Stop pretending like you watch every single game in every single European league you cheating mong

I'd like to congratulate West Ham on a successful campaign in the Europa League. Along the way they had some great victories, such as beating Lusitanos 2-0 in their own backyard, never an easy place to go, and a great backs to the wall performance in Malta, managing to hold on for penalties when a lot of teams might have crumbled and lost the game in 90 minutes. Let's face it, they were only two goals away from qualifying for the round before the round where we enter the competition. To get so close to us is a great success and shows once again that they are probably right in saying that they are as big a club as we are.

Back
Top Bottom