Europa League Draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Basically. It's a pain in the arse. Have to fly via Turkish airlines and that doesn't even get you too the final destination. Gatwick to Turkey. Turkey to Odessa then make your way from Odessa. Pain in the arse for what will be a completely shite game we'll win 3-0.
I'm going to swerve, disappointed as it looked a bit promising

Cheers for the update. The only one that is possible to go to seperately without the package is Tromso IMO. The only fans who will be making FC Sheriff away will be the Thomas Cookers.

We will go through though so hopefully we pull a decent last 32 and QF draw, etc..

Wow some seriously pony teams in our group and the competition in general. Envy Swansea a little bit, would have loved Valencia away.

I'd play a weakened team in every group game but I'm sure AVB has other ideas.

AVB would be out to win, but at the same time I'm sure our team selection for the games would be based on who we play in the Prem before and after the Euro game.

AVB would be out to win, but at the same time I'm sure our team selection for the games would be based on who we play in the Prem before and after the Euro game.

Surely we can beat Tromso and Sheriff home and away with a weakened team. Could probably do the same at home to Anzhi.

Surely we can beat Tromso and Sheriff home and away with a weakened team. Could probably do the same at home to Anzhi.

Possibly, but I doubt AVB would want to take anything for granted, I'd guess he is going to be under pressure to deliver something this year considering the transfers we've been doing, I doubt he'd want to take too many risks in sending the kids to Sheriff and possibly not getting the win required to make the home game more comfortable. Fortunately, considering the strength in depth of our squad, I don't think even our second string would be easily beaten!!

Edit: Like Cripps14 said!

Not a bad draw - no need to put everyone on the plane for the away legs, 1st vs 2nd isn't that big a deal at the europa group stage anyway.

Matchday One - 21.05 CET 19 Sep 2013
Tottenham Hotspur FC - Tromsø IL
Matchday Two - 19.00 CET 3 Oct 2013
FC Anji - Tottenham Hotspur FC
Matchday Three - 19.00 CET 24 Oct 2013
FC Sheriff - Tottenham Hotspur FC
Matchday Four - 21.05 CET 7 Nov 2013
Tottenham Hotspur FC - FC Sheriff
Matchday Five - 19.00 CET 28 Nov 2013
Tromsø IL - Tottenham Hotspur FC
Matchday Six - 21.05 CET 12 Dec 2013
Tottenham Hotspur FC - FC Anji

@ Kris Kris I just booked up Tromsø IL away. Cost me £200 odd quid with Sport Ops. My mate has done the booking though but all I know is, we get there approx 2 hours before the game (So a bit of a push), we stay for two nights and we fly via Oslo for a night on the way back.

@ Kris Kris I just booked up Tromsø IL away. Cost me £200 odd quid with Sport Ops. My mate has done the booking though but all I know is, we get there approx 2 hours before the game (So a bit of a push), we stay for two nights and we fly via Oslo for a night on the way back.
Thanks, I'll talk to my lot and see what's happening.

Edit: @ BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs Going to wait until knockout for a draw against a stronger side.

It's in the fucking Arctic Circle!

tumblr_mowc69KUfT1rwtl3wo1_400.gif

Are you sure of getting a ticket? How many LP's do you think will be needed? I really want to do this, have got 310 points, I reckon it will be touch and go with that, as allocation will be around 300.

Moscow will be colder than Tromsø
It will most definately not be, Tromsø is the most northern "big" city we have in norway and it's past the arctic circle... Moscow is further south than our capitol Oslo, in fact it is in the same latitude as Copenhagen, which is at the same latitude as Leeds... Tromsø will be freezing and most likely snowed down by the time we arrive there

It will most definately not be, Tromsø is the most northern "big" city we have in norway and it's past the arctic circle... Moscow is further south than our capitol Oslo, in fact it is in the same latitude as Copenhagen, which is at the same latitude as Leeds... Tromsø will be freezing and most likely snowed down by the time we arrive there

But you're a lot closer to the water :p

Moscow on average is a bit colder in the winter months, while warmer in the summer. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Moscow ) v. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tromsø#Climate )

A lot of western europeans forget that latitude isn't that relative to climate, especially if you're nearer the Gulf Stream. Moscow and far eastern europe are much colder than western cities at the same latitude because they don't have the sea bringing up warm air.

@ vadimivich vadimivich True true! I withdraw my statment! Still, it's gonna be effing cold up there... so at least two very cold matches for a team filled with folk used to a mild if not hot climate, has me a wee bit worried!

Back
Top Bottom