European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maignan Starting for France against Luxembourg which means he must have no injury worries! Great news.

First choice defence selected and experimenting with Fofana and Kante in the midfield. Mbappé at 9 with Kolo and Thuram either side also experimental.

Our big weakness is Mbappé tracking back down our left so playing him at 9 could make sense. Although do you lose Giroud? I think Giroud has to start.

It’s just an experiment and if we only win 3-0 no one will care.

It’s actually a back 3!!

Kolo Muani and Theo Hernandez at wingback.

Grizou and Thuram in behind Mbappé.

That is a surprise !!

It’s actually a back 3!!

Kolo Muani and Theo Hernandez at wingback.

Grizou and Thuram in behind Mbappé.

That is a surprise !!

That’s a hideous trio of centre backs, so weird Deschamps won’t give Saliba a go. Kounde is just OK, Upamecano is a disaster and Konate has had a crap season & can’t stay fit.

If we were 0-0 with Luxembourg after 33 minutes this place would be ready to murder Gary.

That’s a hideous trio of centre backs, so weird Deschamps won’t give Saliba a go. Kounde is just OK, Upamecano is a disaster and Konate has had a crap season & can’t stay fit.

If we were 0-0 with Luxembourg after 33 minutes this place would be ready to murder Gary.
I know!

It’s just a friendly and it’s a chance to experiment.

I think Deschamps will put players he has doubts about against the stronger team - Canada. Saliba and Camavinga in midfield. Just a guess…

If Kante is fit then he is still a great player to have on the bench.

Useful game for France. It’s only Luxembourg but it was a good experiment.

NOTES…

A fluid 4-2-3-1 turning into 3-5-2 in possession. Lots of width with Hernandez/Clauss and Kolo Muani (both wide players scored) and good solidity with a back 3. Nice balance.

Right back offers nothing going forward but you have the very attacking Kolo Muani ahead, who will also put in work defensively. Hernandez and Claus’s both excellent going forward and covered by the LCB pushing over in the back 3. I think this is the solution to Mbappé being targeted defensively and our lack of an attacking right back. The left side has Hernandez pushed up to cover the space Mbappé fills with a LCB in defence.

Upamecano carrying his terrible season into this tournament. Saliba came on and looked much better. Saliba and Konaté is good enough to win this tournament.

Tchouameni will start but Kanté looked very good. He’s been doing conditioning in the Saudi heat so European weather will be easy for him. He looked tidy and energetic. He might play three hours of football in the euros and he looks like he’ll do it at a very high level.

Fofana always does well for France. Great international option. Probably won’t be needed.

The amount of movement in attacking positions was a extremely impressive. The width from Kolo and Hernandez allows Griezmann, Mbappé and a third forward to run riot. Going to be very interesting if we can keep that up. It’s only Luxembourg but this is the kind of intent and flair I haven’t seen since Belgium SF 2018.

Thuram is not it.

My preferred 11 out of possession
————-Maignan
Pavard- konaté - Saliba- Hernandez
——Tchouameni - Rabiot
Dembélé—Grizou——Mbappé
—————Giroud

In possessiom
——————Maignon
——Pavard—Konaté — Saliba
—————Tchouameni
Dembélé——Rabiot———Hernandez
————-Grizou———Mbappé
—————Giroud

I'm so unenthused about this tournament. And the Olympics has lost its magic since the BBC only has a select few events, in comparison to what it had before.

Roll on next season.

Kane is 30 and has 12 goals and 3 assists in major tournaments.

Mbappé is 25 and has 12 goals and 5 assists in major tournaments. Not a single goal in his one euros though…

Kane has played 331 more minutes in major tournaments as well…

I wonder who will have more goals by the end of the euros…

Last edited:
Kane is 30 and has 12 goals and 3 assists in major tournaments.

Mbappé is 25 and has 12 goals and 5 assists in major tournaments. Not a single goal in his one euros though…

Kane has played 331 more minutes in major tournaments as well…

I wonder who will have more goals by the end of the euros…
:harrysmile:

Back
Top Bottom