European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do and simultaneously do not. Battling with the fact I think this team is really good (like, a lot better than Italy) but with the fact we are England and these big occasions are generally something we seem to have an issue with.
It's kind of mystifying really. We're littered with players that have won titles and cups, so another cup competition should be something they'd take in their stride.

The issue as I see it, is that Southgate hasn't that experience, which translates to the team. I think that showed most prominently against Italy. We started with freedom, taking the game to them and they didn't really have an answer, but as soon as we went one up, it was like the shackles went on and we were more interested in holding onto what we had than increasing the advantage. We handed all the momentum over to them.

In a way, Italy can be compared to Real Madrid in the CL. They might not be the best in the competition, but they have the pedigree to know how to get it over the line when it really matters. As long as they're 'in the game,' they still have the quality to hurt you.

Palmer and Eze will start englands last game in this tournament

Some absolute shitcunts elsewhere - Bowen, all the back 5, Gallagher…: dross

It will be 6:0 after 15 minutes
Sheep Eating GIF

Yep. Good. Fantastic team - last Euros we're a couple of penalty kicks away from hands on the trophy, the team is better since then.

Narrowly went out to the favourites (france) last wc - again team has improved - so why not believe? This team is very very good. Every chance of winning something when you have Walker, Stones, Bellingham, Kane, Foden, Saka, Rice, Palmer etc.
It doesn't matter. England don't have the mentality.
Out of those players, only Bellingham and Palmer have the balls to try a dribble or to take a chance from a shot outside the box in the 80th minute when things aren't going well. And the problem is that the biggest coward of them all is sitting on the bench. England have needed a Bale for over 20 years, shame that he was Welsh :baletroll:
If you didn't win a Final on your home soil, against an Italy side that was missing it's best player of the tournament through injury, when you scored a goal in the opening 2 minutes of the game, you'll never win it. It's sad (for you, for the rest of Europe it's either hilarious or we don't care at all), but true.

It doesn't matter. England don't have the mentality.
Out of those players, only Bellingham and Palmer have the balls to try a dribble or to take a chance from a shot outside the box in the 80th minute when things aren't going well. And the problem is that the biggest coward of them all is sitting on the bench. England have needed a Bale for over 20 years, shame that he was Welsh :baletroll:
If you didn't win a Final on your home soil, against an Italy side that was missing it's best player of the tournament through injury, when you scored a goal in the opening 2 minutes of the game, you'll never win it. It's sad (for you, for the rest of Europe it's either hilarious or we don't care at all), but true.

Foden or Kane don’t have the balls to try a shot from outside the box in the 80th minute hahahahahaha.

Irish I’m guessing?

Foden or Kane don’t have the balls to try a shot from outside the box in the 80th minute hahahahahaha.

Irish I’m guessing?
No, they don't. We, of all people, know best that Kane lacks that killer mentality. So does Rice. So does Saka. Foden also isn't reliable at all when things aren't going well (I'd argue that Grealish is a better option than him in that scenario).

And no, I'm Albanian. So I couldn't care less about how England do in the Euros. I'll support my country (fuck my group though), and then after we're inevitably out Maddison, PEH, Van De Ven, Vicario etc.

No, they don't. We, of all people, know best that Kane lacks that killer mentality. So does Rice. So does Saka. Foden also isn't reliable at all when things aren't going well (I'd argue that Grealish is a better option than him in that scenario).

And no, I'm Albanian. So I couldn't care less about how England do in the Euros. I'll support my country (fuck my group though), and then Maddison, PEH, Van De Ven etc.

Course they don’t mate.

Only the outside the box banger against Madrid when his team were losing for Foden this season. Only the premier league player of the season award and numerous games won on his own including two bangers to win the league.

Yeah you could. You hate us. You want us to fail. And we fucking love it and when we do win it we will be insufferable because that’s what you all deserve.

ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND

Course they don’t mate.

Only the outside the box banger against Madrid when his team were losing for Foden this season. Only the premier league player of the season award and numerous games won on his own including two bangers to win the league.

Yeah you could. You hate us. You want us to fail. And we fucking love it and when we do win it we will be insufferable because that’s what you all deserve.

ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND
You could argue that Palmer deserved that award just as much as Foden. He was great, but he doesn't have Pep in the Euros to encourage him at half-time or down the touchline, he has Southgate.

Why the fuck would I hate England? I couldn't care less about England. I actually want you to do well because you have Serbia in your group. I just find it hilarious that for a nation that hasn't won shit since the time that you had to stand up to change the channel on the TV, you're extremely loud and obnoxious. I'd understand it if the Germans or the Italians were this confident, because they've actually won stuff in the modern era, but it's weird that it's always the English.

You could argue that Palmer deserved that award just as much as Foden. He was great, but he doesn't have Pep in the Euros to encourage him at half-time or down the touchline, he has Southgate.

Why the fuck would I hate England? I couldn't care less about England. I actually want you to do well because you have Serbia in your group. I just find it hilarious that for a nation that hasn't won shit since the time that you had to stand up to change the channel on the TV, you're extremely loud and obnoxious. I'd understand it if the Germans or the Italians were this confident, because they've actually won stuff in the modern era, but it's weird that it's always the English.

I’m loud and obnoxious because some bloke from Albania is deciding I’m meant to care that he thinks English players starting for massive clubs don’t have the right mentality.

I’m going to enjoy a great tournament that my team is featuring in. Have fun.

Everyone in Europe knows what embarrassing hubris the English have always had. They actually have a good squad now who can win it but the attitude of England fans makes them so easy to hate (and laugh at when they fall short).

Everyone in Europe knows what embarrassing hubris the English have always had. They actually have a good squad now who can win it but the attitude of England fans makes them so easy to hate (and laugh at when they fall short).

The French talking about hubris or attitude is always hilarious.

We know we’re hated by the rest of Europe and we don’t really care. It’s part of the fun, if we’re going to lose we will at least boil some piss.

Back
Top Bottom