European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This not you then?

This wasn't also a real post-that followed in response to your complaint:

...And you didn't hit the agree button?

Ummmm... Not it isn't; it's me responding to a post of YOURS that YOU said I needed to read in order to understand where you were coming from.... A post of YOURS that was 90%+ VAR-moan.

Sorry; but even now you're still conflating explanation of the process(s) and knowing the rules with not liking said rules and objecting to the presence of VAR.

Towards the end of the show the ref pundit even said that SHE wasn't particularly at peace with the spirit of one of the rules she'd just explained. (Personally, I thought that was quite refreshing to hear; cos none of the PGMOL-bots in the UK would dare be quite so candid and human in their equivalent role on Sky's 'ref watch' segments).

Whilst this is partly facetious on your part (cos ref's are also called upon to made subjective decisions)...... Sure; no-one said the debate/complaining ends because a rule gets explained.

......But the fact is that both big calls in last night's game were objective given what the rule-book dictates in 2024.
Just a simple yes I agree would have sufficed

👍

Someone in here said a while ago that they should be giving indirect free kicks for these type of handlls in the box because the punishment is too harsh and I agree.

I’d like to see penalties reserved for offences where a clear goal scoring chance is involved - inside or outside the box. Everything else should just be a free kick wherever it occurs.

It’s ludicrous getting a penalty when you are fouled (or handball) in a place or situation where there was absolutely no chance of a goal scoring situation.

I’d like to see penalties reserved for offences where a clear goal scoring chance is involved - inside or outside the box. Everything else should just be a free kick wherever it occurs.

It’s ludicrous getting a penalty when you are fouled (or handball) in a place or situation where there was absolutely no chance of a goal scoring situation.
I think there should be more penalties (according to the current laws) instead of this current situation where 1 bad call has such a major effect. And yes, that would lead to like 6 pens a game and I'm fine with that as thems the rules (laws).

I'd prefer faithful application of the laws before further altering them...the consequence would be folks would stop exhibiting the offending behavior.

I'll take that - I've never seen you admit you're wrong in the history of TFC so that's not bad.

If you still think it had anything to do with being

A) 'A Yank"

B) 'A Woman'

then fair enough.

Fella; if you look closely my OG comment it wasn't even aimed at any one individual person; but a group (including a couple of posters that categorically have complained about 1 or both of the above)....

.........But yeh; I'm not convinced in the slightest that it doesn't relate to you also bearing in mind your comments and tenuous at best rationale.

Dosed up with a big cup of coffee before the game starts

trying-to-stay-awake-tired.gif

Shocking. Utterly fucking shocking.

Yep let’s persist with the Foden-Smellingham-Saka 3 behind Kane, definitely not proven to be faulty.

We’re going to lose today.

Back
Top Bottom