European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fancy Austria to be the surprise of the tournament. I think they could quite possibly make a semi final if they carry on the way they've been playing and don't freeze in the knockout game.

That makes perfect sense, but how does it translate to deserving to win?
Good question. I'd say that if you dig in and weather the storm, over an extended period of time, against a team that is clearly battering you - and probably better than you - then you go on to grab a goal while denying them all their opportunities, you deserve the win. It's commonplace in football - ask the dear departed Moyes.
Personally I hate the negative attitude and believe that any manager that sets his team up to kill the game should be tied up, hung upside down in public, naked (apart from his y-fronts, of course) and tickled to death with feathers, but I can see why they do it.

Italy sucked. Beyond the quality of the players, I was surprised by the lack of character. I was used to Chiellini's competitive wickedness and instead I saw a bunch of idiots. Tattoos, perfect hair (always refreshed by the barber) but in the middle of the pitch zero determination... We lost against Spain and I accept it (perhaps the best national team) but Switzerland...

Certainly well organized but nothing incredible: a lot of pressing (well done ) and desire to do well. 3 starting players come from Bologna. Italy should have reached at least the quarter-finals. At that point going out with England made more sense... but not like this!

In 2016 Conte's team with mediocre players like Giaccherini, Pelle', Eder etc. reached the quarter-finals by winning the group stage against Belgium, beating Spain and losing only on penalties against Germany. But there was an impressive determination

They should start with the penalty shootout!
I can actually see it happening, If we did win it after a shootout and through boring teams and fans to death I'm not sure how i would feel, I havent actually enjoyed watching any of the England Games this Euros , Don't get me wrong I would be happy for us to win something, but I thought that fans should get to enjoy some of the games as well and get the buzz that you normally get with watching your team go through?

I can actually see it happening, If we did win it after a shootout and through boring teams and fans to death I'm not sure how i would feel, I havent actually enjoyed watching any of the England Games this Euros , Don't get me wrong I would be happy for us to win something, but I thought that fans should get to enjoy some of the games as well and get the buzz that you normally get with watching your team go through?

Exactly the same here.

I want to feel excited about Saturday but the thought of watching it feels more like a chore than an anticipated pleasure.

:ange-bored:

I'm totally with you!

When I go to the stadium, I want to see my team play, fight, show that we want to win this game!

With fast, determined football.It drives me crazy when I see how the ball is played back again and again from the halfway line, even though I think that you could/should/must play forward quickly from the wings.

And when Rice says he would do anything for Southgate..., my suggestion is to do something for the fans who are cheering you on for 90 damn minutes!

Come on England!

soccer GIF

I feel this. If we make it to and win the final after 1-0 own goal against the swiss then penalties against a better Austria, before penalties again in the final....

After a wait that started long before I was born.....dunno. I'll take it, the smash up in the UK would be immense. Would be the best vibe since the 2012 Olympics, in fact would easily eclipse that

I feel this. If we make it to and win the final after 1-0 own goal against the swiss then penalties against a better Austria, before penalties again in the final....

After a wait that started long before I was born.....dunno. I'll take it, the smash up in the UK would be immense. Would be the best vibe since the 2012 Olympics, in fact would easily eclipse that
In the UK???

Back
Top Bottom