European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southgate's got some issues going into this tournament, the biggest one obviously being him.

I'll be fucking amazed if he can get away with playing TAA in a CM2 against decent teams, especially with Ricehorn next to him.

If he's going to use Bellingham as a 10, then he's got three very good inverted (lefty) right forwards and you just know he's going to try and cram two of them in somehow.

Trippier as a left back is utter wank.

Luckily for England, I don't think the play anyone really difficult until France in the semi-final.
4 of his 11 wouldn’t get into the Spurs side.

Not playing Wharton is madness

F Declan Rice

VDV sub? Wow

Likely yeah. Koeman seems to prefer De Vrij at CB alongside van Dijk and Ake at LB.

Though van de Ven has been getting minutes at left back in the build up friendlies, so who knows.

Then again, this is a manager who prefers Dumfries over both Frimpong and Geertruida so he's quite clearly a bit clueless.

Likely yeah. Koeman seems to prefer De Vrij at CB alongside van Dijk and Ake at LB.

Though van de Ven has been getting minutes at left back in the build up friendlies, so who knows.

Then again, this is a manager who prefers Dumfries over both Frimpong and Geertruida so he's quite clearly a bit clueless.
VDV could get in the Eng side with one hamstring. Can probably hop quicker than that manc rascal, Trippier

Alexander Arnold is a liability defensively, especially in the centre of the pitch where people literally walk past him

Like you say he’ll play him in games England are expected to win but I’d expect him to revert to standard Safegate and play Gallagher or Mainoo in games against tough opponents

In the tougher games he should play Wharton. Excellent defensively but is also always positive with his passing and therefore it's not a negative move at all.

I can understand playing TAA against the weaker sides who will look to defend 90% of the time as his passing is De Bruyne level and he can unlock defences. I think his obvious defensive flaws makes some people forgot or not want to acknowledge just how brilliant a footballer he is with the ball at his feet.

I think there are 4 or 5 countries that can reasonably believe they have a better than average chance of winning this. And of course there is always the outlier.

Long way to go but when you have some sense of parity amongst teans, it's often the King makers that make the critical and crucial difference.

My view is that defensively we are short. I think Southgate knows that as well.

They let in 3 goals, but only Stones would get into the Croatia back 5.

Lol what?

Walker is a dead cert, or Trent. Take your fucking pick there. And I’m not having that a Livakovic, a guy who spent his career at Fenerbahce and Zagreb, is definitively better than Pickford either.

And fucking Pongracic started. The Lecce defender. We really saying Guehi isn’t better than him just because one is Croatian?

I think there are 4 or 5 countries that can reasonably believe they have a better than average chance of winning this. And of course there is always the outlier.

Long way to go but when you have some sense of parity amongst teans, it's often the King makers that make the critical and crucial difference.

My view is that defensively we are short. I think Southgate knows that as well.
France
Germany
Holland
Spain
Us (England)
Portugal
Italy

Probably in that order.

Can't see anyone outside of that lot doing the business.

Last edited:

Good. Hope this is the case for the whole tournament. It will be a nightmare to police. Loads of countries with a hooligan element in the tournament. Ukraine,Holland,Italy,Germany,England Serbia will have groups who are only there to cause trouble but so far it seems to have went well.
The German police don’t fuck about. Its early days yet so let’s hope its continues in the good nature we’ve seen so far.

Football wise it’s been a cracking start to the tournament with loads of goals so far.
Pity my lot got fucked on Friday but that’s to be expected 🤣🤣🤣

Portugal have got as good a chance as anyone

Their squad depth is so ridiculous.

Only thing stopping them from winning is Roberto Martinez really when you consider his record with Belgium golden generation in tournaments.

I think theyve got a much better chance than Italy or Holland tbh

‘Waaaa I can give out shite anti-England trolling/banter but can’t take it every single time’

It’s not shite if wet wipes like you bite every time.

How You Doin Kiss GIF

Back
Top Bottom