European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1802398460114600209

OH yess

" I don't want to represent a country that doesn't represent my values."

That's exactly how we want Mbappe feeling coming into the Euros.

All we need now is a Pavard or a Rabiot to come out as a Le Pen voter. French meltdown on the cards.

Deschamps was asked whether he agreed with Thuram when he said he was better looking than Mbappé.

He said to do a poll of women.

French camp is united. I’m more pissed at the stupid media asking Mbappé political questions instead of about football.

Maybe play him in his correct position?

We've played him off the right, off the left and at 10. He hasn't thrived in any of them. He's a wonderful footballer but he really doesn't suit what we're trying to do. If he was playing in the Spain team he'd probably be loving life.

Bellingham on the other hand loves a bit of blood and thunder and is physical as well as technical so he can do it for club and country.

Half time analysis already pumping out the well worn tropes

"You have nights like this that are frustrating"

"No easy games in World Football"

"Gareth will be learning a lot"

Jesus boys.....now is not the time to learn....

Serbia playing some deep block spoiler tactics, hard to be exciting in every attack against a setup like that.

The issue isn't that, its that after 25-30 mins or so they started getting a foothold in midfield, getting too many crosses in and we were getting sloppy on the ball as well. But I do think certain personnel issues impact that, not all Gareth's fault.

Should've brought another LB clearly.

Still playing players out of position (Foden, TAA, Trippier).

Have to hope Shaw gets fit and Southgate works out that you play players where they've played for their clubs all season.

England could really be a fantastic team instead of being a very good one.

- we need a proper left back. Trippier ain’t it. I’d rather play an average left back than someone who isn’t a left back and Trippier isn’t one. A right footer at left back kills width.

- TAA isn’t a midfielder he is a right back in a system where the right back has limited defensive responsibilities.

- Foden looks a bit lost as a left winger where the play style isn’t intricate. He is like a classical musician at a pop gig.

. Get Wharton or Gallagher on for TAA, Gordon on for Foden and we should have taken an actual left back with a left foot even Hall or someone.

Fix a few issues and we could be really good

Deschamps was asked whether he agreed with Thuram when he said he was better looking than Mbappé.

He said to do a poll of women.

French camp is united. I’m more pissed at the stupid media asking Mbappé political questions instead of about football.

And they will keep asking now that Mbappe has given them an answer.

Betting Bbc GIF

Half time analysis already pumping out the well worn tropes

"You have nights like this that are frustrating"

"No easy games in World Football"

"Gareth will be learning a lot"

Jesus boys.....now is not the time to learn....
He must be the slowest learner in history.

Rory Mac might let the golf get away from him here. Like a dream off the tee but a bit of a nightmare with his approach shots. If he doesn't get his irons sorted out he won't get near a win. DeChambeau is the opposite, wild off the tee but great with his irons and putter.

I am not joking but there is a bloke in the pub who has his back to the telly and is smoking a cigar. He is too nervous to watch and claims England will win if he isn't watching. Some mental shit going on, although I spoke to him and he is a nice guy.

Rory Mac might let the golf get away from him here. Like a dream off the tee but a bit of a nightmare with his approach shots. If he doesn't get his irons sorted out he won't get near a win. DeChambeau is the opposite, wild off the tee but great with his irons and putter.

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Back
Top Bottom