European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
12 of the richest clubs (and most the other clubs are waiting in the wings) and one of the richest investment banks (who, let's be honest, will be able to backroom shut down all this political talk - no surprise they brought JP Morgan in on this...does the UK really fancy facing off against JPM?) are on this. They've got the power, and they'll plow through the short term bumps in the road unfortunately.

These guys don't value Klopp - in their eyes Klopp has a platform because they gave it to him. And they'll just make a new Klopp tomorrow. Milner is against it? I don't think they envision the likes of James Milner in the ESL anyway. These guys see themselves as kingmakers...some angry ranting isn't going to get this train back in the station.

The Glazers buying United was the moment, in reality. Supporters tried to stamp it out, but didn't get across the line. That was the crossing the Rubicon moment, imo. Once these investment bankers got control of the biggest clubs in England things were only ever going in one direction.
Let's be honest. If America is involved, you can be sure that any final vestiges of integrity will be lost in the quest for profits.
Apologies to our American supporters who love our team from afar but let's face it, the yanks spoil just about everything they get involved with.
Our beautiful language. McDonalds spoiling our high streets, (hampstead is a good example), Italian food...what Italian is going to order spaghetti and meatballs....?

I'm not rooting against you. I don't want to be right. But, fuck man...I've lived long enough to see how the world works. And the rich get richer and more powerful...that's just the way the system works. They got their hands on football decades ago, I don't think it's possible to get it back.

Let's all just watch fucking rugby and try to remember to keep them out next time.
Don't worry, we have Boris who will stand up to the corporate elite.

Which is shit requirement. We've qualified by finances and now we wil be aiming to win the netspend trophy. Who cares about the football ?

I imagine the teams playing in it care about the football, probably the players and the managers.

I don’t believe there is a net spend trophy so we probably won’t be aiming to win it.

This could be big. Though I can't imagine the SL would have plunged headfirst into this without some contact with Netflix, YouTube, whoever they intend to show the games.

It's easy to release a statement to generate goodwill isn't it? These guys have no morals whatsoever, if they're genuinely against it, it's because they tried to take too much of the cake when offered, or worse still (in their eyes), weren't offered a slice at all.

I disagree, the main point of being in the super league and a founding member is to secure the clubs' revenue for the future. It is all about being against financial competition. Let's say we decline for 10 years and eventually get relegated. Everton wins the league a few times, builds a stadium, qualifies for CL every year. The whole point of this league is to stop us from being financially damaged by that and to stop it happening because we will always receive more money whatever our success.
If it was just about stopping "leeches" taking their money, the clubs wouldn't have to propose a closed shop at all. There are simple provisions that could be made to give effect to that desire.
Do you want money or competitive football?

Let's be honest. If America is involved, you can be sure that any final vestiges of integrity will be lost in the quest for profits.
Apologies to our American supporters who love our team from afar but let's face it, the yanks spoil just about everything they get involved with.
Our beautiful language. McDonalds spoiling our high streets, (hampstead is a good example), Italian food...what Italian is going to order spaghetti and meatballs....?
The Office...

Mate, you don't have to eat McD's and order in a pizza from Domino's. Stop blaming us for your choices.

:pochshock:

They really aren't closing access. 5 teams will move in and out every year, so my guess would that if LC finished in the top 4 they would get an invite and also a giant fucking payday. Don't you think they would benefit financially and also strengthen their club with that money?

So 5 teams move in and out each year. There are a lot more than 5 leagues in Europe last time I looked. It’s anti-competitive bollocks

The 14 other Premier League teams have had their say and totally reject the idea of the 6 breaking away....
The big sales pitch from the 6 is this is just an alternative to the Champions league and basically nothing else will change.....

Here’s the deal, 6 teams will enter this Super shit and take in millions and millions per year not only from the premier league but especially the new super league, ONLY 6 TEAMS BENEFIT FROM THIS guaranteed windfall every year.....
Now imagine even 3 of those teams half way through the Super League season have no chance of winning it, they will no doubt concentrate on the Premier League, where they are probably well placed at this point anyway, bringing their galactic superstar players to the table week in week out to push for the premier league title.....
In what world is there any honour in that system of football?
Yes UFEA need to wake up and stop flogging players for profit but the current system at least gives some credibility to the game, not perfect but at least creditable, this new shit is just pure sole less......

not sure how we can blame the Americans. We know their corporations are run by crooks who would sell granny for a few dollars.

For the last few decades we have had ‘’global Britain’’. Global Britain is short for we will sell anything to you Americans, Chinese, Arabs and Russians for the right price including access to our arsehole so you can molest us.

We didn’t stop any takeover by dodgy owners, some of whom financially doped and thus fucked the league. All of this accepted.

We allowed the Prem to replace the first division, for the dodgy owners to come in, for Sky to take over. Why are we surprised crooks behave like crooks. We could have stopped it and we didn’t.

So now we are left with a choice between different crooks. The crooks of UEFA and FIFA and the crooks of whatever you call this. Football is fucked!

The 14 other Premier League teams have had their say and totally reject the idea of the 6 breaking away....
The big sales pitch from the 6 is this is just an alternative to the Champions league and basically nothing else will change.....

Here’s the deal, 6 teams will enter this Super shit and take in millions and millions per year not only from the premier league but especially the new super league, ONLY 6 TEAMS BENEFIT FROM THIS guaranteed windfall every year.....
Now imagine even 3 of those teams half way through the Super League season have no chance of winning it, they will no doubt concentrate on the Premier League, where they are probably well placed at this point anyway, bringing their galactic superstar players to the table week in week out to push for the premier league title.....
In what world is there any honour in that system of football?
Yes UFEA need to wake up and stop flogging players for profit but the current system at least gives some credibility to the game, not perfect but at least creditable, this new shit is just pure sole less......
The 14 said they are against the super league but didn't really do anything, they are "considering their options" according to their statement.

Back
Top Bottom