Evangefootballterrorlist

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is another great point.
If he was a manager who'd already proved himself at the highest level you could maybe understand fans wanting to give him time to see if he could reproduce it with us.
But he hasn't. He's only won in small time leagues where his team has been the most heavily funded.
It's like our fans are just intrigued to watch some zany experiment unfold and get some kind of perverse pleasure with every bumming we get along the way.
If the EPL is such a Big Time League with superior Managers and players, then you'd expect this superiority to translate to silverware for the National team wouldn't you?

1966 and then ?????????🤣

If the EPL is such a Big Time League with superior Managers and players, then you'd expect this superiority to translate to silverware for the National team wouldn't you?

1966 and then ?????????🤣
I agree. The fact a football nation as big as England haven't won a major tournament for 60 years is a fucking disgrace.
But that's due in some part to the fact that the Premier League is so big. And lucrative.
So much so that it dominates every aspect of the national game and the importance and attention to the national team pales into insignificance.
Pretty much every football fan over here puts club before country. Me included
If I had a choice between seeing Spurs win the league or England winning the world Cup I'd go Spurs every time

Edit...in many respects, England are the Spurs of international football. Always coming up short. Forever under achieving and not maximising their full potential.

Englandy

1966 and then ?????????🤣
I thought you were scheming up ways to make the "EPL" have a salary cap just like they do in the nonce sports you watch mate? Fucking jog on and leave the football talk to actual fans of the club

I thought you were scheming up ways to make the "EPL" have a salary cap just like they do in the nonce sports you watch mate? Fucking jog on and leave the football talk to actual fans of the club
Maaaate,

Just looked at some of your recent posts......so negative.
Have you considered anger management classes?

As for the salary cap, at least it would give all 20 teams in EPL a chance of winning instead of which of the top 6 has the deepest pockets with which to buy the title.

With a cap. it would boil down to manager and player skill, rather than money.

At a massive stretch I could see the point about green shoots from the match yesterday, at least we started well for the first 5 and rallied towards the end

But Chelsea ???? We were a rancid pile of trash from minute 1 til 95

I think people are just desperate for a virtual backslap , they can't actually mean some of the crap they come out with
Your negativity on an online message board is filtering down to the team and contributing to our poor form.

Perhaps the single biggest cause after Gary Neville’s commentary and the refereeing conspiracy against us.

Your negativity on an online message board is filtering down to the team and contributing to our poor form.

Perhaps the single biggest cause after Gary Neville’s commentary and the refereeing conspiracy against us.
When you think about it , it's a miracle we've survived relegation with all these factors to contend with

I think Levy deserves another bonus personally

1966 and then ?????????🤣
Not necessarily no. it has the highest average revenue per club ... by far.

It also wins more European trophies than other leagues over recent years.

It is objectively the best league.

England have a strong squad but a shite manager. England also doesn't invest enough in the grassroots football that feeds academies. That said, the academies are far stronger than they were 20 or 30 years ago. England now produces players that are technically closer in standard to the best European countries.

I don’t want to invade but when did we last have a squad that was satisfactory for you?

Yes you do!

War Running GIF by CuriosityStream

Maaaate,

Just looked at some of your recent posts......so negative.
Have you considered anger management classes?

As for the salary cap, at least it would give all 20 teams in EPL a chance of winning instead of which of the top 6 has the deepest pockets with which to buy the title.

With a cap. it would boil down to manager and player skill, rather than money.

We’re all on ‘anger management courses’

Step 1

Join a football forum of a failing club with an out of touch manager!

And here we all are!

1966 and then ?????????🤣

Uh no, we import all our top coaches. Pep and Klopp aren't British .. shockingly.

Producing great players and managers as a country comes not from having a top league but from having strong youth systems and encouraging coaches by offering coaching badges. We didn't do either for a very long time, now we're doing the former (so producing some incredibly talented footballers) but still not doing the latter .. hence very few top managers.

Back
Top Bottom