Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are some interesting take aways from that piece though. Five years ago until three years ago we had the youngest team in this league, now we have the third oldest.

We also have one of the most tactically unsettled teams n terms of personnel and structure.

This is a manager who no longer has a clear vision or ethos.

When you see what Lampard is achieving right now with youngsters - it may not last but at least he’s got a team spirit and a collective energy (or “dynamic”) from it - Poch fucked away that ethos in the last few years.

Week after week for the last two years we’ve watched Poch indulge players clearly not up to the job, incapable of carrying out his so called “philosophy” because he bought them or because four years ago he could hug a performance out of them.

Meanwhile kids who could have given this team vitality and energy, even if they didn’t have a long term future here have been shunned.

Perhaps best illustrated by KWP. An up and coming RB, started against Barca (where he admittedly made a mistake but recovered well) and then what, four starts since? In the bin. Poch will back a liability like Aurier but absolutely shun a committed player like KWP.

And Skipp, with an excellent preseason, now abandoned.

Definitely time to drop the idea that Poch develops talent.

Errrmmm the actual one (and who the fuck is Erisken ??? unless you are referring, quite cleverly, to ERISKEN)
:thumbup: 😎
Even my iPhone refuses to have his name on the team sheet!
I think poch will surprise us all and we will see

gazza
Aurier. Foyth. Sanchez. Toby. Davies
Winks Sissoko. Dele
Eriksen
Son

Strange but, not so long ago, I used to watches matches such as this on my large screen TV, relaxed on the couch, with a glass of red in hand and confidently awaiting a Tottenham goal. This afternoon I shall be watching on my android tablet, seated on the toilet, drinking Gaviscon and making sure the bog roll is near to hand.
How times change.....
:coys:

The team that won 6-2 last December. No Lloris, Trippier or Kane but the remainder available. see Moura got his sub appearance at 83 mins.

Tottenham
  • 1Lloris
  • 2Trippier
  • 6D Sánchez
  • 4Alderweireld
  • 33Davies
  • 8Winks
  • 17SissokoSubstituted forLucas Mouraat 83'minutes
  • 23Eriksen
  • 20AlliSubstituted forLamelaat 45'minutes
  • 10Kane
  • 7Son Heung-MinSubstituted forSkippat 79'minutes

No Lloris, Kane or Jan, who will be Captain. Not a lot of choice and none fill me with confidence.
Who will take penalties. Again none fill me with confidence but we probably will not find out
If Eriksen does not play who will take free kicks and corners. All the usual alternatives out, no Trippier, Rose, Lamela, Kane.
From considering this a must win game I am starting to think I would take 0-0 now. Then I remembered our defence is crap. So Son and Moura better make sure if they get a chance they score.
Bloody depressing isn't it.
sometimes known to win when Harry's not playing

Back
Top Bottom