Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because Son was the instigator of the injury? Lloris just landed awkwardly.

I once saw some guy have a heart attack after playing squash: nothing to do with me whatsoever and also total by-product of the sport. Shook me up for weeks afterwards.
Now, if he’d been playing me when that had happened? I get why Son is so devestated: I also get why the club might not appeal the card - some things ARE more important...
Why the fuck would we not appeal the red card , it's never a red and the player isn't dead ffs, he at worst won't be able to play football again.

You can complain all you want but Son lashed out at a player needlessly (which he has done before) causing his ankle to turn backwards.

It's a game of football, he is allowed to tackle in order to win a ball or hold up play. What happened afterwards is awful but in no way is this Sonnys thought. That's like trying to blame someone who gets run over for daring to cross a road. Shit happens but to string Sonny up when the tackle clearly didn't cause the break, the thing that happens after the tackle does and it is completely wrong to leave Sonny with this hanging over him.

Last edited:
Awful game , awful performance again. Just no improvement. How long can this go on ?
I can give you 30 million reasons that this will go on for months.

giphy.gif

A Premier League statement said: "The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge."

LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you've got to be kidding me. Son endangered his safety by tripping him with the tip of his foot????

What is it, 30m pounds if we terminate Pochettinos contract? Never going to happen in this season. If we can sell him, sure. But there wont be anything happening until next summer.

Benefit of the doubt if you're new to the game, but no; you can't "sell" managers.

Because Son was the instigator of the injury? Lloris just landed awkwardly.

I once saw some guy have a heart attack after playing squash: nothing to do with me whatsoever and also total by-product of the sport. Shook me up for weeks afterwards.
Now, if he’d been playing me when that had happened? I get why Son is so devestated: I also get why the club might not appeal the card - some things ARE more important...

Why would we not appeal the red? The red isn't a red it seems a yellow. To not appeal is to say Sonny is to blame when he isn't. What's has happened to Gomes is awful but we need to remember the other human involved in all of this who is being falsely accused and what issues can come from that and that is Son.

Anyone can see from the over angle it isn't Sonny who caused this, the ref was a coward and unprofessional and made Sonny out to do something he didn't which is unacceptably in the professional game. This should get rescinded and Sonnys name cleared.

Son looked devastated. I don't even know if his head would have still been in the game to be fair. I am with you guys saying I think it will be overturned but had he just got a yellow I think he would have been a mess and coasted the remainder of the game if left on

Then you sub the guy off and finish the game with 11 men (and likely 3 points too).

A Premier League statement said: "The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge."

LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you've got to be kidding me. Son endangered his safety by tripping him with the tip of his foot????
We shall expect to see City players all getting sent off, then!

Final observation. Modern football is shit. I’m not sure I can be arsed any more. VAR. Players wages. NFL lounges. Get to fucking cunt. And I’m STILL staring at fucking Anfield!!

:parker:

You can complain all you want but Son lashed out at a player needlessly (which he has done before) causing his ankle to turn backwards.
This comment has got to be up there for most ridiculous of all time.

It actually makes the comments in the Brexit thread look like PhD dissertations.....

Moura really is a hot or cold player, either amazing or totally shit. Guess which one turned up today.
Walker was sold for £50m. Maura and Serger were bought with the money as someone with name starting with S ending with S said on here yesterday. I say you get what you pay for.

my bad, it looks like aurier did the damage on the replay, with the 2nd challenge going in, but don saw it better, so thats no blame on aurier, but very bad luck for gomes, i knew son didnt cause it, i thought it was the 2nd challenge, but i was wrong. but we were winning, and that sending off, cost us 3 points, we had that result, even with that weaker team, refs are getting worse since var came in, and that ref was shit.

But according to VAR, they told Atkinson to show Red because he clearly endangered the player.

The moment any player walks onto a football pitch they are endangered, it's not a game of kiss chase!

They string Son up. If that doesn't get rescinded the game is well and truly gone. Son put a tackle in like literally every footballer who has ever played the game has, its shit luck what happened afterwards but Son did not endanger him, he had an awkward moment because of his fall and that isn't on Son to hold onto.

Sorry but if the rules deem Son wrong, a pice of Mymensingh love for the game will die you could see with how Son reacted that's he didn't expect what he saw. It was complete shock but the FA will be cowards, they always are and it will suit them to blame Son than it will to say that their beloved ref and VAR situ that they vehemently believe in went tits up yet again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom