Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still baffled how this ref can't see the blatant fouls on Vicario at the corners. How can Vicario move when he constantly keeps having someone shove into him?!

I think we struggle to find people to pass to at times. Kulusevski and Sarr are better at moving into space, and letting us play out from the back.

It’s the quick interchanges in midfield that break the press and get us on the front foot.

We’re relying on Richy dropping deep atm.

No idea where Bentancur or Hojberg are

Richarlison has become R9 this season it seems. Really pleased with him , and that's pretty much all the praise I have for the team

The rest pretty awful
If the ref doesn't think obstruction is a foul and we're playing prison rules football then fine, Romero and vdv need to do a better job protecting our keeper
Vic himself also needs to be alot stronger

Both fullbacks should really be switched on to dyches predictable wide play by now and stopping crosses

Bentancur non existent in midfield again, maddison nearly as invisible, as is Johnson and Werner but I'll give them both benefit as midfield is non existent to provide the wide forwards.

Another angry team talk from Angie coming up

Sarr & Kulusevski on for Johnson & Højbjerg and we'll get a lot more control of the game.

Defensively, we've got individually excellent players now, but the system just seems off. Something isn't clicking and as far as our defending at corners is concerned, we're obviously going to have to figure out a way of dealing with Vicario being blocked/rugby tackled seeing as the refs clearly don't want to.

Two cracking goals for Richy though. Would love to see him rewarded with a hat-trick.

The worst thing about this trend of blocking Vic, is that it is straight out of Sunday League.

The grand irony being, the best team in the world started it.

fml

This pattern keeps occurring, play well in stages, but lose our way too quickly and it becomes messy.
Why is no one on the pitch sorting it out or Ange? Time and time again we have lost the top easy in our half. Cuti near the end just plays it straight to their player.
Passing has generally been poor and we have just not matched them physically or pressing. We have let them just come at us far too easy. Yet we hardly passed the ball around in their half.

I'm still baffled how this ref can't see the blatant fouls on Vicario at the corners. How can Vicario move when he constantly keeps having some shove into him?!
Issue for me is, if you’re going to allow it then you need to for every game. The problem is you’ll see it given a foul in another game this weekend.

Defenders can throw themselves to the ground on the slightest touch, and the ref will give a foul. There’s no consistency.

Back
Top Bottom