Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won't make a sub at half time in my opinion. Might be a little structural change in the tactics perhaps. But that's about it.

Then we'll bring Kulusevski on for Johnson.

Our defenders have to start protecting our GK. escalate the pushing before the corner is taken so the ref has to intervene. No yellow cards yet and someone may have to take one for the team.

Vic really needs to start jockeying for position before the kick. He’s got to move in front of the player and start boxing him out like in basketball
Agree he cant just let himself be pinned and then fall to the floor flapping.

He needs to fight for the space like every other player does and position himself to attack the ball. He's got a pair of fucking hands to punch the ball - use them!

Why should keepers get a different set of protection than outfield players? As long as someone is not using their arms to pull him down it is not a foul.

Using your body is part and parcel of football.

Calvert Lewin is low-key huge, isn't he.
I Agree Yes Yes Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

Why is no one on the pitch sorting it out or Ange? Time and time again we have lost the top easy in our half. Cuti near the end just plays it straight to their player.
Passing has generally been poor and we have just not matched them physically or pressing. We have let them just come at us far too easy. Yet we hardly passed the ball around in their half.
Agree, so far we have got away with it, despite the two goals, we have barely laid a glove on them.

People keep saying Vic needs to go through their players like they are going through him but you just know that if he does, they get a penalty.
Alternatively, we get Bentancur or Hoijberg or whoever to do exactly the same to Pickford next time WE get a corner...
Then let's see how quickly the Ref gives a free-kick Everton's way!

Difficult assignment coming up, corners for them are like penalties. We've been the architects of our own demise though on numerous occasions. Might possibly need to go a bit more direct. Not comfortortable with our full backs trying to run the ball out from the back, sometimes you just gotta simply go long down the line. They're essentially playing a rugby style territory game.

Feels like we gonna need another 2 goals to see this out.

Gonna say it:

Bring Sarr on.

Or we don't win this.

That's all I can see, unfortunately.

Everton are now in a nasty groove.

Expect Brentford-tier shithousing in the second half, as well.

Gravel-chops will get them to stink this whole game up.

Lucky to be up.

Everton have had big periods of dominance, but really never truly looked dangerous in open play. Obviously we’ve set the blueprint for teams. Bully us. We’re either soft or so easily irritated that we’re gonna have to find a way quickly to fix. Thought we had it sorted out, it’s clear we don’t.
McNeil pretty much was best player on pitch for large parts of that half

Richy is obviously on fire and he’s looking more and more like the guy we hoped he’d be. Good shifts from the back 4 and for me werner worked great. Madders, meh. Johnson, Hojbjerg, Bentancur were poor.

Get sarr and Kulu on for me for PEH and Johnson

Clear as day. This weekend every corner features this bullshit, PMOL decide it's a farce and get stricter. It can't be allowed to continue, half of all EPL goals will come from corner calamities.

regardless of the goalkeeping controversy, we haven’t been good enough despite our two goals. Need to be much better second half if we want to win this

Tim Howard on NBC says he didn’t think they were fouls. Just said Vic needs to climb up the guys back and punch with one hand and also we need to have a player just shove the guy off before the kick. I agree

Back
Top Bottom