Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still have 15 games to go. 9 wins in last 15 will get us top 4 i reckon.

Which honestly would be incredible, considering we lost Kane, and the amount of suspensions and injuries we’ve had, while implementing a new system.

The first 10 games got everyone carried away and thinking we could do the unthinkable, when at the start of the season most would have predicted us to finish anywhere between 5-8th

It's not "semantics" at all......

We were shit for a bout 85mins vs Wolves and even then only really suffered the late sucker punch.

Wheras, today our 2nd half was ok.

Richy's 2nd goal was also good build up; Madison's part in particular.
We forced 3-4 good saves out of Pickford in the 2nd half and saw much more of the ball than Everton.
I guess that’s where you and I differ, then.

I thought we didn’t create much, were sloppy with passes outside of the possession at the halfway line. Any balls into the middle were quickly turned over by a well drilled press or hurriedly passed back to where they came from.

Madders will get back match fitness and Sarr should be back in the starting XI next time around so I’m not too concerned but that’s just how I saw it.

In terms of our general play I really think we miss on form Bissouma badly. His silly red cards and the AFCON meant a lot of games missed. At the start of the season when he played well, we played well. Bissouma and also Sarr getting himself back should fix a lot of our midfield issues.

Why the fuck are we playing so bad?
With all the injury's, suspensions, and international absentees, it was always gonna catch up!

Madders and Bentancur looks like they need time to catch up, and we don't have that time!

And if we don't start picking up soon, maybe even the top4 will fade away from us!

Here we go. Just like Dracula. Once there's a bit of blood, the fangs are at the ready..
What has he said that isn't true?

Those stats are absolutely Spursy.

Putting out collective fingers in ours ears and going lalala won't change anything.

We need to own it and the find a way to stop it.

I remember a Kulu interview before Christmas where he was saying we still have mentality issues as a squad.

I guess that’s where you and I differ, then.

I thought we didn’t create much, were sloppy with passes outside of the possession at the halfway line. Any balls into the middle were quickly turned over by a well drilled press or hurriedly passed back to where they came from.

I'm not trading 'thoughts' here; i'm not 'feeling' that these shots occurred..... They ACTUALLY happened.

Last edited:
Richy had a great chance, Maddison had a good shot, Porro. They defended deep and created nothing other than set pieces.
They were woeful going forward, for sure. But I thought they had plenty of chances from open play to create chances that were pissed away with some brutal final passes.

They also had 9 corners and 14 fouls called for them so creating only on set pieces still means they had plenty of chances.

Additionally Hojbjerg is often good when he come on as sub to finish games but is general poor when he starts. Today was another one of those days. Rather Skipp starts if we have to and Hojbjerg later on.

What has he said that isn't true?

Those stats are absolutely Spursy.

Putting out collective fingers in ours ears and going lalala won't change anything.

We need to own it and the find a way to stop it.

I remember a Kulu interview before Christmas where he was saying we still have mentality issues as a squad.

Where did I say he wasn't right? The bloke knows the point I am making.

We've only just started to get players back and into the XI....

Get Son, Biss, Solomon & GLC back too (+ factor in the fact that we've literally only just signed Dragusin & Werner) and the bench looks much stronger.

........As it is Kulu, Sarr & Dragusin is not crap players incoming anyway (personally don't think Skipp is crap either).
I don’t think Skipp or Hjojberg are crap it’s just you can’t have them both on at the same time - it’s a shame Gio is made of glass as Gio for Maddison would have been a better sub , the subs were very strange but I also think Ange had little other options other than leave Maddison on but then maybe Ange knows he can’t play the full game yet without risking Injury!
The result today hurts as it’s the same again , a goal right at the end but hopefully after Brighton we will have a full squad back again and can finish the season strong - I don’t just mean results , I want to see some of that good football from the start of the season again!

Everton created 2.89 xG to our 0.85. Regardless of what you think actually happened, we didn’t create much of anything.

XG isn’t the end all but that’s a significant gulf that isn’t down to random error.

Or it just proves how much bollocks XG can be at times.......

Both our goals were far more credible goal scoring opportunities than their scrappy bollocks..... And in the 2nd half we forced more saves too.

Back
Top Bottom