Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In short, 777 portfolio of investments and pool of investors/lenders seem to be falling apart at an ever accelerating rate.

,,,,,,,, the affair has now been escalated by 777’s two main creditors, who are seeking a seizure of the assets owned by the US investment fund in the country – in which official papers seen by Josimar make it clear that any such disputes must be settled. Two complaints were filed on Monday 6 May, one by Venanzi, the other by the shareholders of the Immobilière. These assets include the shares ceded by Venanzi in 2022 as well as the stadium itself. In other words, the claimants are seeking a complete repossession of the assets they sold to 777 Partners (*).

The sums involved may seem negligible – an estimated 8 million euro in total if other, lesser creditors are taken into account – in view of 777’s claims that they manage a portfolio worth up to 10 billion US dollars, and have managed to find close to 200 million pounds sterling to prop up Everton FC in the hope that their proposed takeover, on which they shook hands with owner Farhad Moshiri in September of last year, is finally rubber-stamped by the Premier League.

The money seems to have dried up almost completely, now that long-time backer Kenneth King, the owner of the A-CAP group of companies, announced in February that he would be ‘disinvesting’ from 777-controlled entities. Since this announcement, made in an online seminar, a subsidiary of A-CAP, AIP Capital, has repossessed a fleet of 30 Boeing 737 Max-8 previously on 777 Partners’ books and operated by their Australian aviation venture Bonza. The ultra-low cost airline has collapsed as a result, grounding its own fleet, laying off hundreds of employees without pay, and entering into voluntary administration.

What will worry Wander and his associates is the speed at which the affair will be examined by Belgian justice, which could take as little as ten days to deliver a verdict. Should Venanzi and the Immobilière prove their point, 777 Partners risk losing a club they had vowed to bring back into Europe and has only just escaped relegation in the worst-ever season in their 125 year history. The impact this would have on the rest of their football empire could not be underestimated, with Genoa CFC, in particular, said to experience late payment issues similar to those which have afflicted Standard for well over a year.

Last edited:

View: https://x.com/sachatavolieri/status/1788131673147637999

translation:
While no instructions related to public and official communication to supporters are (yet) confirmed, the club's situation internally remains tense where certain managers are struggling to contact the American managers of 777 Partners. The club's accounts are currently empty and the players of #Standard Liège have been informed - that despite a possible last minute change - they will no longer be paid until the end of the season . Given the new information in its possession, the Pro League could act accordingly and sanction Number 16. There is talk of a possible ban on recruitment.

View: https://x.com/sachatavolieri/status/1788131673147637999

translation:
While no instructions related to public and official communication to supporters are (yet) confirmed, the club's situation internally remains tense where certain managers are struggling to contact the American managers of 777 Partners. The club's accounts are currently empty and the players of #Standard Liège have been informed - that despite a possible last minute change - they will no longer be paid until the end of the season . Given the new information in its possession, the Pro League could act accordingly and sanction Number 16. There is talk of a possible ban on recruitment.

View: https://x.com/PhilippeAuclair/status/1788191215344578965

Meanwhile................................

View: https://youtu.be/MMcSQo4hRPw?si=V5qoq1R2pWZYgEt_

It must be such a head fuck being an Everton fan right now. reading stories about 777 on the verge of financial oblivion, the Club calling in Administration advisors et. etc...

Yet the Club pumping out PR material on a new stadium they don't have the money to pay for its construction.

Also, just looks a bit 'meh' doesn't it.

Perhaps I'm obviously not attached to Everton, so it doesn't resonate the same, but its the stadium version of a new middle of the road office block. All modular and a little bit samey, aside from maybe the roofing.

Anyway, expect construction to grind to a halt very soon.

Meanwhile................................

View: https://youtu.be/MMcSQo4hRPw?si=V5qoq1R2pWZYgEt_

It must be such a head fuck being an Everton fan right now. reading stories about 777 on the verge of financial oblivion, the Club calling in Administration advisors et. etc...

Yet the Club pumping out PR material on a new stadium they don't have the money to pay for its construction.

I think the financial structure of Everton can almost be split into two :

1. Moshiri and his chosen purchaser 777 group, whose finances are rapidly falling apart but are seen as financing 'the club'. The Everton board consulting insolvency experts is an admission that the chances of 777 providing the necessary finance is receding and its unknown which other consortia might be prepared to mount a bid if 777 fall away as Moshiri's preferred bidders.

2. MSP partners (who include Evertonian businessmen Andy Bell and George Downing) who have loaned money, secured on the Everton stadium project, who also have a charge on much of Moshiri's shares. The reason the Everton stadium is progressing is probably down to this group rather than 777 and Moshiri, with MSP putting in money into the stadium project .

So whoever wants to take over Everton will need to take over all the MSP interests in Everton to avoid a separation of Club from its stadium, so I see any potential Everton buying having to negotiate with multiple parties of which Moshiri, 777 and MSP are the major ones but there are a few others who have loaned Everton multiple millions who will also need to be negotiated with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I think PL have had an issue - its Moshiri's role to sell his shareholding in Everton, and its not PL's fault he's chosen 777 who's finances are now seen to be totally flaky at best, and its not PL's role to find a better financed purchaser.

So PL has said 'its minded to approve 777's bid' IF 777 can show it has the financing in place to pay off MSP and other lenders ......... probably knowing that's very unlikely to happen as it cannot easily refuse given 777 saying it has the finances.

So its now back to Moshiri to either agree a deal with better financed consortia to takeover Everton and repay existing lenders (plus of course pass PL's owners tests showing finances are in place) or Everton will have to consider an insolvency process

The soap opera, which is Everton, may have to run a little while longer though.

Also, just looks a bit 'meh' doesn't it.

Perhaps I'm obviously not attached to Everton, so it doesn't resonate the same, but its the stadium version of a new middle of the road office block. All modular and a little bit samey, aside from maybe the roofing.

Anyway, expect construction to grind to a halt very soon.
Yeah, and I bet given all the financial shit going on that at some point, if they aren't already, they have started to compromise on how this gets fitted out to save some money.

I do like the fact that it's behind the historic wall that acts as the boundary to the dock and surrounding area (along this wall are these funny turret-like things that I don't know the history of other than they feature on Everton's badge, so I guess if you were a supporter you'd like this link), if they get that area outside the stadium/behind the wall right, it could generate a nice pre-match atmosphere if there is the place to eat and drink there. I've been to this area once before years ago when looking for somewhere to park for either a Liverpool or Everton game I can't recall which and there is absolutely nothing there, very run down and surprisingly no boozers which I thought was odd for old docks area, I bottled leaving the car there.

There is every chance that this place is halted at some point and ends up like the Nou Mestalla, half-built and abandoned.

Yeah, and I bet given all the financial shit going on that at some point, if they aren't already, they have started to compromise on how this gets fitted out to save some money.

I do like the fact that it's behind the historic wall that acts as the boundary to the dock and surrounding area (along this wall are these funny turret-like things that I don't know the history of other than they feature on Everton's badge, so I guess if you were a supporter you'd like this link), if they get that area outside the stadium/behind the wall right, it could generate a nice pre-match atmosphere if there is the place to eat and drink there. I've been to this area once before years ago when looking for somewhere to park for either a Liverpool or Everton game I can't recall which and there is absolutely nothing there, very run down and surprisingly no boozers which I thought was odd for old docks area, I bottled leaving the car there.

There is every chance that this place is halted at some point and ends up like the Nou Mestalla, half-built and abandoned.
I went to take a look at the Nou Mestalla the other week...

Just completely abandoned. It's quite something to look at.

Drive past the original Mestalla every Sunday on the way to footie and it's decrepit. Can see the cracks from the road

Moshiri really is going to fuck them over it’snt he. Yet I bet their fans will blame the PL.
I only follow one Everton account who appears to be really switched on and is a go-to for many of their fans on financial aspects, his recent tone is very much targeting Moshiri and trying to get him to be accountable, from what I've seen most agree with him.

I think when you get the supporter's trust protesting against 777 then I think the penny might have dropped for many.

But obviously, this lot is the most miserable fanbase on the planet, they've made a career of booing so it's built into their DNA, so they'll probably still hold up signs saying that PL are cunts because they've been caught red-handed cheating.

I only follow one Everton account who appears to be really switched on and is a go-to for many of their fans on financial aspects, his recent tone is very much targeting Moshiri and trying to get him to be accountable, from what I've seen most agree with him.

I think when you get the supporter's trust protesting against 777 then I think the penny might have dropped for many.

But obviously, this lot is the most miserable fanbase on the planet, they've made a career of booing so it's built into their DNA, so they'll probably still hold up signs saying that PL are cunts because they've been caught red-handed cheating.

So where do you think this all ends up in 1-3 years realistically

So where do you think this all ends up in 1-3 years realistically
Unless there is a whale investor (one who isn’t looking to make a fast buck buying a distressed business) lurking behind the scenes then they are well and truly fucked. I see them going into administration and therefore docked 10 pts and then they will finally go down.

There aren’t well placed financially to come back up either, Leicester, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham all significantly higher revenues. All with the exception of West Ham are also better run, with a solid structure supporting the team.

They need a serious buyer with the long term vision to take the club over 100% of it.

Back
Top Bottom