Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From a financially literate and frequent commentator Everton fan

View: https://x.com/theesk/status/1797589632940736630

Would Moshiri now sell before the stadium is built I wonder? If he manages to get the money in from somewhere to finish building that then the club becomes that bit more valuable. I guess it depends how much he is willing to lose or how quickly he now wants to wash his hands of the club.

Would Moshiri now sell before the stadium is built I wonder? If he manages to get the money in from somewhere to finish building that then the club becomes that bit more valuable. I guess it depends how much he is willing to lose or how quickly he now wants to wash his hands of the club.
Sell, or give the club away? Their revenue is 200M, their debt is 600M (short term and high interest), and the player assets are maybe 120M - who is gonna buy them? Someone needs to put in 600M to pay debt and maybe 300M to finish the stadium, just so they can pay players and continue trading.

Not his decision

Moshiri cannot afford to keep hold of Everton

The rumours are he agreed to a write off of all but circa $50m (rising to 120m if certain unspecified events occurred) combined equity and loans when doing a deal with 777 and that's before 777 had to put about 100m in due to delays in closing - I doubt if any other potential purchasers would be that generous it might be an offer of $1 now and up to $10m if certain events happen).

The equity is now worthless and a lot of the current debt will need to be written off for a deal to be done.

Back
Top Bottom