Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

exp24.jpg
:mourbringit:

Looking pretty good and still has a bit of a Goodison feel about it, I would be excited if I was an Everton fan.

Capacity of 52.000 (with the potential for that to rise to 62.000).

Needless to say it's nowhere near as good as our new stadium. :levystare:
Whilst exciting I would have some nerves if I was Everton namely:
1. It's a new location - I think the new location will be far more attractive, good for matchdays to be on the waterfront etc. As we've seen from every newly built stadium that's away from housing they are shit (this would probably be the least shit eventually as new flats get built around it but it will take decades for that to be completed and just look at how Wembley looks now fro example).

2. The Soul - The intangibles, the familiar walk to the ground taken by generation after generation of fans, you can't see it but you can feel it. Everton more than most clubs now with its stadium in the heart of the community could be hit harder than most, especially as their neighbours can now dominate that immediate area (as their stadium is on the other side of Stanley Park). Of cause, there might be an argument that to get away from their shadow could be a breath of fresh air for them???

Isn't a stadium with water on three sides going to be a little bit inaccessible?
Maybe fans can use those floaty things called boats?

Not sure what the plans are transported/access wise, but anything must be an improvement on both Anfield and Goodison. Looks like the new place will be closer to the Station (which will remain Liverpool Lime or whatever it's called) and home/local fans they will be using the same two lines as before just one stop away from the old one.

Yet somehow managed to cook the books enough to avoid FFP.

It's going to be a god damn Black Friday sale when it catches up to them.

The thing is these figures are from last season and they have signed more dross and haven't considerably slashed the wage bill since last season or increased revenue and are nowhere near getting on the CL gravy train, how are they gonna get away with it again next season or even the season after ?

Last edited:
How can that help? That deal is for a stadium thats 10 years away from being built , surely they will face sanctions much sooner.
Just pointing out a dodgy practice - probably do a Derby / Villa and sell the ground to himself if it gets too bad ( they are within FFP at the moment as its a rolling 3 years so no need to lie just yet)

Back
Top Bottom