Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t we initially get a point’s deduction and banned from the fa cup but sugar got it turned over. We were in debt for £11m back in 199whateveritwas. How things change!
I've got to be honest, I don't really recall the full details, I think I was numb from the trauma of it, but I think I was more worried about the club going under than I was about relegation. I'd already experienced that in '77 and we came back stronger.

I'll always have a soft spot for Sugar for saving our club. There's little else to like about him, but he did us a service and for that he has my thanks.
He might have been shite at running a Football Club, but he ensured we still had our club.

I've got to be honest, I don't really recall the full details, I think I was numb from the trauma of it, but I think I was more worried about the club going under than I was about relegation. I'd already experienced that in '77 and we came back stronger.

I'll always have a soft spot for Sugar for saving our club. There's little else to like about him, but he did us a service and for that he has my thanks.
He might have been shite at running a Football Club, but he ensured we still had our club.

Yeah I remember thinking we were in trouble but was only a teenager at the time so didn’t think we’d go under.

It was the only decent thing Sugar did, agree with you on all you say about that.

If we have broke the rules we have to accept the punishment , many fans have been protesting about Kenwright and the board for about 12 years with very little backing from national and local press (which seems to be only concerned about the goings on at the tinmine}.
The fans have been vilified and lied to for years and now the chickens are coming home to roost.My biggest worry is we have not hit rock bottom yet as if the take over by 777 group falls through we could very well go into administration and cop for another points deduction.
Ultimately it is the fans that suffer as none of this is our fault
Personally, I think it stinks. It's always the struggling clubs that get the points deductions while Chelsea and Man City just walk between the rain drops.

I hope you defy the odds again and stay up. If any club can avoid relegation with a 10 point deduction, it's Everton.

All the best.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Personally, I think it stinks. It's always the struggling clubs that get the points deductions while Chelsea and Man City just walk between the rain drops.

I hope you defy the odds again and stay up. If any club can avoid relegation with a 10 point deduction, it's Everton.

All the best.
Zero doubt that City and Chelsea will get fuck all for punishment. A fine their bent arab paymasters will happily write another meaningless check. Clubs like Everton are stood up as "proof" that someone cares, but they don't.

They should have been busted last year, but they were allowed to count the Richarlison sale in 21/22 which was BS.... A 10 point deduction this time last year and they WOULD have been relegated.

This is why I have no sympathy.... They've actually had a massive reprieve.

Leeds, Burnley, Leicester, Watford are the ones who should be feeling aggrieved.
But they also suffered because the rules were changed in 2021 to include spending on things like stadiums. It really isn’t as clear cut as that.

In the grand scheme of things it seems disproportionate unless they then come down harder on others found guilty of wider breaches. Which they won’t.

All the best.

Now that a marker has been set, if City/Chelscum only get a financial penalty there will be riots, and enough legal challenges to destroy the PL.

Now that a marker has been set, if City/Chelscum only get a financial penalty there will be riots, and enough legal challenges to destroy the PL.
There'll be a range of mild consternation to furious outrage, on social media, there'll be a bunch of piss taking memes and comedy videos, and then...

The next round of games will kick off and everyone will be back to slagging off VAR...

At best there'll be some drawn out legal process and someone will end up getting paid some hush money.

Back
Top Bottom