Exciting New Synergies vs Global Brand, Thursday 27 April, 20:15h GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was here for the best 7 years of his career. And was outstanding for the middle five of those years. Pivotal in any success we had.

Over the last 20 years or so, there aren't too many players who's contributed more than he did in terms of quality and consistency for as long.
Read my post again. He was quality, I was one of the strongest proponents of brigning him back in the summer.

However, like I said, I never liked him cos I felt he never liked Spurs. His seven years represents essentially one long term contract extention under Poch. Pretty sure Sanchez will reach 6/7 years if he sees out his contract too.

Read my post again. He was quality, I was one of the strongest proponents of brigning him back in the summer.

However, like I said, I never liked him cos I felt he never liked Spurs. His seven years represents essentially one long term contract extention under Poch. Pretty sure Sanchez will reach 6/7 years if he sees out his contract too.

Unlike Sanchez, Eriksen could have left long before he did and gone to a number of decent clubs, and earned a fuck ton more money than the 70k a week he was on with us, if he really didn't like us.

To be honest, I couldn't give a shit if players kiss the badge, as long as they put some effort in and have some ability.

This PL is actually pretty poor apart from City who are in a different class. I don't rate Woolwich and they can probably end up with 85 plus points.

It's one of the more average PL seasons in terms of quality level.
It’s crazy. Despite all the £££ in our league (apart from city) it’s really poor. A lot of money being badly spent & most teams without proper plans & strategy.

Just back from the game, so many mixed feelings. We were pedestrian in the first half, hoping for a piece of individual brilliance that we lack. The players seemed to be scared to pull away from their man for fear of being the scapegoat… confidence seems shot.

crowd was super subdued, and saw lots of Man U fans in Paxton which really irritated people.

there were a few “levy out chants” sounded like half the crowd joined in, and one banner.

with the rain falling it was a pretty somber halftime, and I was left thinking this might be my last visit for quite some time as it feels like letting the season ticket go is the right thing. Just feel too disenfranchised

glad we got back on level terms but frustrating not taking our other chances. The crowd were happy with the goals but I got the feeling a lot of people were just too drained to celebrate properly.

Unlike Sanchez, Eriksen could have left long before he did and gone to a number of decent clubs, and earned a fuck ton more money than the 70k a week he was on with us, if he really didn't like us.
Not sure he was on 70k when he left. Either way we offered him a contract with much much more for several years. Only reason he didn't leave sooner is because no one stumped up the cash when he was here, in the end he had to settle for Inter and left with half a season left on his contract and phoning it in most weeks.
To be honest, I couldn't give a shit if players kiss the badge, as long as they put some effort in and have some ability.
Like I said, he was under no obligation to care about the club. I just said I never liked him beyond his ability to deliver on the pitch. Unlike say Lamela or Son, who I rate FAAAR less than Eriksen, but I'll never like him half as much I like them.

Not sure why you felt the need to turn this into a discussion.

Eriksen could have left long before he did and gone to a number of decent clubs, and earned a fuck ton more money than the 70k a week
Players, with few exceptions, tend to rise up to the level to which they’re able to play. If Eriksen was good enough for Madrid, Barca, Bayern or City, he would have ended up there (like Modric or Bale). As it was, he was the level below and his salary and club reflected that. As it is, Tottenham and Inter represents a pretty good club career.

Players, with few exceptions, tend to rise up to the level to which they’re able to play. If Eriksen was good enough for Madrid, Barca, Bayern or City, he would have ended up there (like Modric or Bale). As it was, he was the level below and his salary and club reflected that. As it is, Tottenham and Inter represents a pretty good club career.

He was worth a fuck of a lot more than 70k. Fucking Sissoko got 90.

There are loads of clubs in the level below the uber clubs who would have taken him and paid him much more.

What the fuck did we get ourselves into!

Mr Levy thought because Everton were desperate to sell he would get himself a bargain.

A 30 to 35 million type player he acquired him for 60m. On very decent wages.

We needed back up for Kane at the time….

Daniel hasn’t realised for about 10 years now premier league clubs refuse to deal with him unless they are the ones buying.

Got the young g daughter a kit. If I can deal with a life time of spurs , well so can she. Expecting a call from childline thu
Trying to engineer having a crack at Esther Rantzen

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:
Mr Levy thought because Everton were desperate to sell he would get himself a bargain.

A 30 to 35 million type player he acquired him for 60m. On very decent wages.

We needed back up for Kane at the time….

Daniel hasn’t realised for about 10 years now premier league clubs refuse to deal with him unless they are the ones buying.
So is it Mr Levy or Daniel?

He was worth a fuck of a lot more than 70k. Fucking Sissoko got 90.

There are loads of clubs in the level below the uber clubs who would have taken him and paid him much more.
As I said he was offered pay rises for years, but refused as he wanted to run his contract down or get the big move which never came.

Defending on his own against a very fast player.

Bollocks defending would imply he attempted to make a tackle or closed the angle down, rather then just backing off as he always does until they get a shot off

There's a point just before rashford scores he shows the ball to Dier he had to try make a tackle then what does he have to lose by doing so .

He's a fraud and I'll be disgusted if we offer him a new deal

Bollocks defending would imply he attempted to make a tackle or closed the angle down, rather then just backing off as he always does until they get a shot off

There's a point just before rashford scores he shows the ball to Dier he had to try make a tackle then what does he have to lose by doing so .

He's a fraud and I'll be disgusted if we offer him a new deal

Poor judegment from Dier. As soon as the long ball was played, seeing he was isolated, Dier should have given away the cheap foul.

Once the ball arrived, Dier couldn't risk getting the red card, so chose to stand off and allow Rashford onto his left foot. Another mistake, he should have forced him to turn back inside.

Back
Top Bottom