Exciting New Synergies vs Global Brand, Thursday 27 April, 20:15h GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are loads of clubs in the level below the uber clubs who would have taken him and paid him much more.
No one forced him to sign contracts with Spurs. He had a pretty good lifestyle in a capital city where he spoke the language fluently. In fact, it’s generally pretty easy for players to get out of their contracts and force moves if they want to — especially top level players (see Modric, Bale and Berba as Exhibits A thru C).
In the same summer where Eriksen and Levy agreed to wait one more season before pursuing a deal with top continental clubs, Barca signed Clement Lenglet
If Barca had wanted him they would have come and got him. They didn’t.
Lenglet has nothing to do with it given that Eriksen can’t play center half. Lenglet was highly regarded when he went to Barca — they triggered his release clause to get him. The fact that he didn’t pan out is completely independent of them not moving for Eriksen.

Nowadays if you leave Eric alone in that much space with pretty much any forward in the Premier League I think he would be done for pace.
It's not good, but it is pointless blaming him for it. If they are going to leave 1 guy back it should be Romero.
So he can put his hands behind his back and take a Charlie Chaplin step to try to shield a shot. Like on the first goal. The whole world knew Sancho was going to break to the right and shoot with his best foot. Everybody but Romero who instead of defending made his Charlie Chaplin impression. We need to sell him too this summer. Or educate him.

Skipps instincts are defensive. You could see that with his tackle on Rashford. That’s what he sniffs out.

He’s not going to turn into a playmaker.
Hell never be the primary creative force but he can carry his own weight as far as a DM's creative responsibility is concerned.

He's the guy to make an ordinary looking pass that actually gets your team quickly up the pitch to the likes of Deki and Kane who can turn on the flair.

thought Romero had one of his better games last night,
but all this dropping off attackers drives me mad, yes as last man you have to hold the attacker up so others can get back to help,
turning round when they shoot is another thing i hate,, man up out there put your body in the way

We have a massive problem with the stadium.

When we first moved in, take Man City in CL, people said whilst it was a good atmosphere there were no real chants / areas and it would take a while to settle.

If you compare that game to say last night, it was miles better (City). I appreciate the optics and performance are different as we were flying but at the moment, it’s essentially just a venue - an arena for home, neutral day trippers and away fans (outside of away end eg in home end). It’s fucking awful.

Whilst the resale of ST option is useful, it’s the root cause of most of this. I think they need to cap it or allow you to transfer to your network only or something.

When we first moved in, take Man City in CL, people said whilst it was a good atmosphere there were no real chants / areas and it would take a while to settle.

If you compare that game to say last night, it was miles better (City). I appreciate the optics and performance are different as we were flying but at the moment, it’s essentially just a venue - an arena for home, neutral day trippers and away fans (outside of away end eg in home end). It’s fucking awful.

Whilst the resale of ST option is useful, it’s the root cause of most of this. I think they need to cap it or allow you to transfer to your network only or something.

As a ST holder I would agree with a limit on the amount you can sell.

You should always buy one with the intention of attending the games.

We are a fickle fanbase.

Once the club starts winning again, the atmosphere will improve.

Though they've really fucked that south stand. Priced youngsters out and filled the middle full of corporate.

People sitting down and stewards than wanting everyone else to sit down doesn't help either

Woke up, and still mad we sat back after the equaliser! Had them on a fork, and we badly needed all three points to stay in europe spots. Just why? This new "style" of us is just so not Spurs.

Don't. Sit. Back. Should be on the wallpaper in stadium by now..

Woke up, and still mad we sat back after the equaliser! Had them on a fork, and we badly needed all three points to stay in europe spots. Just why? This new "style" of us is just so not Spurs.

Don't. Sit. Back. Should be on the wallpaper in stadium by now..

Amazes me that a club known from the 50’s/60’s even into the 90’s for attacking balls out football can’t grasp that the fanbase and the identity of the club only works with attacking football.

Even under ENIC our best managers have been Jol, Redknapp and Poch all of whom tried mostly to attack. Levy and every member of the board should have ‘’only hire attacking managers’’ tattooed on to their foreheads.

Why the fuck go Conteball and give away the initiative at 2-2? Why change what was working so well?
Yes basically after 2-2 the subs didn’t make sense especially taking off son for jasphet. Basically injury time was all manure after they had settled for the draw themselves. Instead of smelling blood he went defensive as manure weren’t really that interested in attacking. 3 points were there fir the taking. 7th it is and Mason needs to grow a pair and end maybe get a job at lower league club if he thinks his good enough. Do what kompany has done. No way deserves head coach at spurs role.

Amazes me that a club known from the 50’s/60’s even into the 90’s for attacking balls out football can’t grasp that the fanbase and the identity of the club only works with attacking football.

Even under ENIC our best managers have been Jol, Redknapp and Poch all of whom tried mostly to attack. Levy and every member of the board should have ‘’only hire attacking managers’’ tattooed on to their foreheads.
Because they dont understand football or this fanbase even after all this time. 2 years ago they made that DNA statement and were looking at Ten Hag, clearly just soundbites as they then ripped it all up for yet another opportunistic appointment with Paratici who was never going to buy into the attacking DNA remit. Stating the obvious but they lack any longterm vision and just sway with the wind in opportunistic, ill thought through appointments.

Agree to disagree I suppose.
What are you agreeing to disagree on? Mason clearly brought Tanganga on to protect the point, unless you think he was bringing a defender on to win the game then how can you disagree with that? Only a total loon would bring on a defender late on in an attempt to score a winner...

:contelol:

We did great to get back into the game but then we let them off the hook. I would have taken a draw before the game but we had them on the ropes and we pulled back, lacking the confidence and the balls to kill them off.
Great sportsmen have the killer instinct, the want to bury the opposition and then stamp on their grave.
I am pulling for any manager who can come into Spurs and instil into us a real killer instinct. Because it’s sadly lacking.

Great that we got back into the game, great that we pulled out a draw from a losing position, but the name of the game is the “W” and we could have but we didn’t.
Well done Spurs, but in future, go for the Win!

what son and dier did last night is above human understanding.
in any case, the game changed when kane decided to play as n.10 with casemiro that left him free to play

nothing has changed, 2 goals conceded and then we start fighting when there is nothing to lose

Back
Top Bottom