FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We look at it as an extra game with “supposedly” weaker opposition where we could build confidence and get a rhythm going then again we could fuck that up and lose.......
20-E64928-EDCA-47-A8-9077-6-D8-D9-A8-D85-EC.gif

We were in constant progress under Poch except for the last year. It was also very clear to see what he was trying to do
Not for the final season and a quarter it wasn't, we lost all of what we were good at over the WC summer and it never showed any signs of coming back. He completely screwed the pooch, either by consciously moving away from the tactics that saw us pushing for titles, or by allowing the players to just stop doing it without him saying to.

Constant progress followed by absolute freefall would be closer to an accurate summary of his time in charge.

We were in constant progress under Poch except for the last year. It was also very clear to see what he was trying to do

Tbf, Poch looked clueless this season and had spent much of the last 12 months trying force a system of play onto us that a) wasn't working and b) the players openly complained about. He was also constantly swapping the back 4 about and opted to play Sanchez at RB in the NLD rather than the 3 he'd backed for the role in the summer.

(I say this irrespective of Jose's pros & cons and as someone that was patient enough to give Poch more time.)

I made my mind up about Mourinho before we hired him. Poch won my heart

That's a very sad way to view things my friend, this isn't Pochettino FC, it's Tottenham Hotspur FC, remind yourself of that.

Are you going to hold on to Poch forever and never back another manager again just because it isn't Poch? Because I have news for you mate, he isn't coming back, it's over, I swear some of you think this club died when he left.

The only bright sparks today were from Aurier, GLC and Lamela , Lucas as well for his goal , apart from that we looked shit, dele seemed to slow down every move, Sessengon looked scared to have the ball , son was having a shit game , apart from that though was an enjoyable day out, proper old skool stadium , what’s it with kids and the “please can I have your shirt” sign so daddy can sell it on eBay ....

Not for the final season and a quarter it wasn't, we lost all of what we were good at over the WC summer and it never showed any signs of coming back. He completely screwed the pooch, either by consciously moving away from the tactics that saw us pushing for titles, or by allowing the players to just stop doing it without him saying to.

Constant progress followed by absolute freefall would be closer to an accurate summary of his time in charge.

Is this a technical term I've not heard before?

( #NotDownWithTheKids )

The only bright sparks today were from Aurier, GLC and Lamela , Lucas as well for his goal , apart from that we looked shit, dele seemed to slow down every move, Sessengon looked scared to have the ball , son was having a shit game , apart from that though was an enjoyable day out, proper old skool stadium , what’s it with kids and the “please can I have your shirt” sign so daddy can sell it on eBay ....

Good turn out?

That's a very sad way to view things my friend, this isn't Pochettino FC, it's Tottenham Hotspur FC, remind yourself of that.

Are you going to hold on to Poch forever and never back another manager again just because it isn't Poch? Because I have news for you mate, he isn't coming back, it's over, I swear some of you think this club died when he left.

I know what you mean but.. .most people I think would argue that they don't see jose as an upgrade. Yeah, I get that he's won stuff but is he and his methods outdated ? Was jose's appointment a sop to the fans so at least levy could argue he's hired a winner. I'm sorry but I couldn't give a shit what he's won. It's about what he does now in this moment and what i see is him repeating poch's mistakes of the last 12 months...

Tbf, Poch looked clueless this season and had spent much of the last 12 months trying force a system of play onto us that a) wasn't working and b) the players openly complained about. He was also constantly swapping the back 4 about and opted to play Sanchez at RB in the NLD rather than the 3 he'd backed for the role in the summer.

(I say this irrespective of Jose's pros & cons and as someone that was patient enough to give Poch more time.)

Poch wasn't backed when he wanted to freshen up the squad, hence his comments about a painful rebuild. Clueless Mourinho just comes in and hands out new bumper deals for Toby, Eriksen, Dier and Jan.

Back
Top Bottom