FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep. I. Going to start watching League 2 Crawley Town.

Get as many tickets as you want. £17.

Where is the enjoyment in watching the same team (a financially doped, nation state team) win every trophy going every season?

Utterly pointless.
There fans last night were insufferable.
It seems we have another fan base that wants to be our rivals
Damn we're good...

As for the game,we were awful. Nuff said
And what a poxy goal to lose it by.
And my half time sausage roll wasn't up to the usual standards.

Vicario in the end cost us the game his mistake not get someone in between him and Diaz ,it happened 4-5 times in corners during the match .
Most coaches don't like sticking another player between an opponent and the goalkeeper because it usually means the goalkeeper has 2 bodies to get past to get to the ball.
However Man City are the master's of tactical fouls without being punished.

Deki’s first touch has deserted him tonight.
This notion people have of deki being good as 10 must stop now. He was absolute garbage in any aspect of being a midfielder. He never got on the ball , looked to press or just be available. The game just passed him by in the middle. They basically could pass at will in our own half a la conte style.

Most coaches don't like sticking another player between an opponent and the goalkeeper because it usually means the goalkeeper has 2 bodies to get past to get to the ball.
Spot on they do it all the time, Bernardo must have made 5 or 6 fouls without a booking and Rodri likewise, the worst one was Walker on Udogie again no card. They were on the keeper at corners all night and Pep with his clapping and laughing at the ref had a lot to do with the goal being given

We weren't good enough on the day to beat them. Gutted to be out of another cup hopefully can just get everyone back now and really push on in the league to finish as high as we can.

Would be great to have consistency in our first 11 for a while to really see where we're at come end of the season.

Last night was disappointing but sometimes you come up short. I’m not having we played against the best club team in the world and it’s a free hit. We have beaten them with a worse team when they’ve had a better team. They pressed so aggressively in the first 20 minutes we couldn’t find any rhythm but after that we settled down. The back four defended very well with Micky being colossal in everything he done. In midfield Bentancur played well after that initial first 20 minutes but was a bit slack second half with a few passes. Hojbjerg had a very good game last night apart from a 2 minute spell where he totally missed the ball trying to clear and for the De Bruyne chance.

Deki was totally abysmal last night. I love him as a player but there was nothing positive about his game. Slow to close down,looked tired,touch was poor and wasn’t seeing passes. If you play in there you have to be able to pick the pass and that’s where a lot of problems were last night.

Richy worked like mad and held it up for us but was a bit of a thankless task because a striker in our system must feed off wide players getting in behind and delivering across the box between defence and goalkeeper.

Werner had a quiet game but he was making all the right runs and just wasn’t getting played in. Johnson when he did get the ball in those areas in behind his delivery on three occasions was behind defenders rather in front for players to walk on to and finish. He had one in the first half if he played it early across in front of everyone Werner has a chance to tap in at the back post but his cross was poor.

The difference with us and city is they play the right pass at the right time. Good teams like them can hurt you when the play in front but they always have willing runners in behind too. Last night Werner was the only one who looked to get in behind.

We worked hard and you can’t fault the players for effort but we have went out with a whimper in terms of going after them and asking their defence and keeper questions. 1 shot on target is miles away from what we thought we’d get last night. We were significantly weakened but we need to expect more than that.

Time to concentrate on having a run at the league with no distractions and getting some top players back. Next few games could see us really put a challenge in and it remains to be seen if we can sustain that. Every other club we are competing with has a distraction so I think that will be to our advantage.

I think Ange needs to introduce the team to Werner again at half time because he s making some great runs but seems invincible to his team mates
It was same 2nd half. We were attacking end I was at right behind the goal and you could see the acres of space Werner had. However no one either in defence or midfield wanted to hit a pass longer than 5 yards. The switch was always on but we never attempted. Think there may have been one or two times and Werner got in on the left but cross may have been shite. Real wasted opportunity.

we still could have done it there was few times in the match vicario struggled when coming to claim the ball.

we still could have done it there was few times in the match vicario struggled when coming to claim the ball.
Personally I think the ref should have stopped it the first time it happened and it would have stopped.
The pundits were saying that Vicario should be stronger but you can't jump for the ball if you're knocked off balance constantly.
Now let's watch a few games and see if the ref blows up for a foul because I would lay money on it that they will .

Spot on they do it all the time, Bernardo must have made 5 or 6 fouls without a booking and Rodri likewise, the worst one was Walker on Udogie again no card. They were on the keeper at corners all night and Pep with his clapping and laughing at the ref had a lot to do with the goal being given
Totally agree, perhaps someone should have asked Pep if he thought the ref did a good job after his clapping yellow card. He is an irritating tit.

Back
Top Bottom