FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was not offside once all game and had not a single chance to fluff.

Doesn't deserve the slightest critique tonight.
Richi saw quite a lot of the ball and worked very hard. But what did he do with the ball? Sometimes if the chances are not being put on a plate for you then you have to create something yourself which he didn’t do. The best attacking players should be able to do this. So i don’t think he is above criticism tonight as you suggest. Has improved his performances for us but not really at the level required in the long run

Richi saw quite a lot of the ball and worked very hard. But what did he do with the ball? Sometimes if the chances are not being put on a plate for you then you have to create something yourself which he didn’t do. The best attacking players should be able to do this. So i don’t think he is above criticism tonight as you suggest. Has improved his performances for us but not really at the level required in the long run
I don’t think that’s the case when we saw so little of the ball against the best side in the world. R9 at peak wouldn’t pick the ball up deep and be able to attack five or six players and create a chance

You a make a general point, he is an effective hard working striker but not a creative one but neither style would have created chances last night

Win when you're cheating. You only win when you're cheating. Win when you're cheating, you only win when you're cheating.

What a terrible night. I want my £35 back. 🤣

Such a flat performance. What the fuck have they been doing for two weeks?

Not simping for anyone. Just hate Woolwich more as surely every Spurs supporter should

...But your not being presenting with the choice of one being flushed or the other; so whom you hate the most is moot here.

City are potentially being flushed; but you suggested you'd rather keep them around to 'protect' us from the potential of Arse winning stuff.

Fuck that; give us an even playing field (without Cheatchester City) and let's go head to head with scum and beat them ourselves........ I'll take those odds every time. That's prevailing in our rivalry; not having some plastic petro-doped shitbags take care of our business for us (whilst continuing to allow the deck to be loaded against us in the process)..... Where's the pride in that?

Our hatred of them shouldn't define us..... If we can't be bigger than that, what are we anyway?

Be specific then; what did he do wrong?

Like I already said in his thread; if he'd nodded in a header of a corner tonight (not that he even had the chance for that) he'd have been lauded for an excellent all round performance.

You think you get that level of performance out of Haaland unless he's scoring? ....I've yet to see it.

I don’t think that’s the case when we saw so little of the ball against the best side in the world. R9 at peak wouldn’t pick the ball up deep and be able to attack five or six players and create a chance

You a make a general point, he is an effective hard working striker but not a creative one but neither style would have created chances last night
We had 43% possession so we saw a bit more of the ball than you suggest. I wasn’t asking him to beat 5 or 6 players. I just wished he had a bit more nous to gain himself a yard of space to allow himself an opportunity to shoot. 0 shots for a forward isn’t really good enough at any level

BJ needs to brave up, any challenge he's on the floor, that chance he had shoyld have gone round keeper and get taken down,
Richy £60M for what , can't hold the ball up, too slow off the mark, can't win fouls
Madders not really to play, did he get on the ball once he came on ?
the way the manager want's to play mean's we can't moan about the chances we give up, and denfence wise we played well
we need a few players that see the pass before its there, all our players (other than a fit Madders) have to look and look again before they see a pass by that time the chance has gone

Be specific then; what did he do wrong?

Like I already said in his thread; if he'd nodded in a header of a corner tonight (not that he even had the chance for that) he'd have been lauded for an excellent all round performance.

You think you get that level of performance out of Haaland unless he's scoring? ....I've yet to see it.
You can’t rely on everything being handed on a plate to you. Part of his role surely is to create opportunities for himself and he failed to do that. So perhaps it’s more a case of what he didn’t do rather than what he did wrong

You can’t rely on everything being handed on a plate to you.

No-one's said you can.

Part of his role surely is to create opportunities for himself and he failed to do that. So perhaps it’s more a case of what he didn’t do rather than what he did wrong

OK, so when in the game was he in a position to create something for himself (something that in itself is somewhat of a vague cliche that gets casually thrown about)?

Again.... How often - if at all - have you seen Haaland do that? .....Or as much as Richie did do last night?

Last edited:
No-one's said you can.

OK, so when in the game was he in a position to create something for himself (something that in itself is somewhat of a vague cliche that gets casually thrown about)?

Again.... How often if at all have you seen Haaland do that? .....Or as much as Richie did do last night?
Why do you keep bringing Haaland into it? Completely different player to Richarlison.

We had 43% possession so we saw a bit more of the ball than you suggest. I wasn’t asking him to beat 5 or 6 players. I just wished he had a bit more nous to gain himself a yard of space to allow himself an opportunity to shoot. 0 shots for a forward isn’t really good enough at any level
Not in the final third though, most of our possession was nowhere near him

Can he shoot from the half way line? I know what you are saying but it’s just not his fault vs them. They were on it

I was massively critical of him earlier this season but his touch is now good and he’s doing the basics much better. He is what he is

City press so aggressive and their first touch, ball retention is the best in the world IMO. Always a shitty draw so early but usual Pep dark arts fouls to slow the game down and a ref blind to how Vicario was being handled on corners.

Still worry about the space we leave behind our wing backs. Much to be positive about this season but much to still be done. What could have been with Son/Sarr in that team.

Next priorities. Wingers who can beat a man consistently and another midfielder/striker. Tired of watching certain players not beat their man and cut the ball back.

BJ needs to brave up, any challenge he's on the floor, that chance he had shoyld have gone round keeper and get taken down,
Richy £60M for what , can't hold the ball up, too slow off the mark, can't win fouls
Madders not really to play, did he get on the ball once he came on ?
the way the manager want's to play mean's we can't moan about the chances we give up, and denfence wise we played well
we need a few players that see the pass before its there, all our players (other than a fit Madders) have to look and look again before they see a pass by that time the chance has gone
He held the ball up plenty amd id say he was fouled 5 or 6 times. Worked hard with 0 service and even porros crossing was poor

Really poor last night, disappointing to go out early in the cups yet again, but we are getting used to it now.
Team needs to concentrate on getting 4/5th , nothing else to play for now.

Back
Top Bottom