FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We could've had better players without breaking FFP rules, but we have Go Carting, Beyonce and NFL instead. I'd honest rather have Oil Magnets pumping money into our squad than not break FFP rules and have the above. Too many get an orgasm because we the Richest Club and are happy with the past 20 years. Football is about Trophies not about all the "Trimmings".
Fair enough.

Personally if Spurs were owned by an oil slaver I'd walk away from the club the next day but to each their own.

dias hands were all over vic even be4 the corner was taken
fuck im pissed
but we are not cry babies like liverpool
we move on and fuck the fa in the ass by winning the fucking league

Fuck Man City., could not even fill away end at Wigan a few years ago

I am so going y try o celebrate when these cunts finally get justice served
definitely gonna open a expensive wiskey bottle when the time comes
but not as expensive as when we win the league

No point wasting your time, it's never going to happen.
giphy.gif

Believe-Ted-Lasso-giphy.gif

Can't grumble at the result. The better team won. Tierney's a cunt.

Same issues though. We desperately need to upgrade our attacking players. We also need to defend better as a team - City allowed us one shot in 90 minutes, we allowed them 18.

Bentancur, Kulusevski pretty anonymous, Johnson sub anonymous. Touched the ball 22 times. Made 14 passes. Werner not much better, but he did make several good runs that were wasted by Kulusevski dawdling on the ball, or others not seeing them.

Last edited:
Ultimately.

We lost 1-0 to the best team in the world with arguably the best manager leading them.

We didn’t cope early on with their press. We sat back tried to pass it out but weren’t able to do so because of their press. Any balls we were able to get forwards were received by players who, guess what… were also getting pressed. Bentancur had probably his worst game in a Spurs shirt (everyone has off days, no big deal) and we missed someone like Bissouma who would have given us more physicality on the ball. Kulusevski wasn’t good enough in that playmaker role, holding onto the ball too long instead of putting balls through to Werner and Johnson, which we desperately needed. Maddison came on and didn’t do much but considering he’s fresh from a long time out and playing against City, alongside players who weren’t performing either, it’s not surprising.

We lost the game because City stopped us from building up from the back and we lacked the quality on the night to create opportunities. It’s not a big deal. We move on.

We were really poor in unlocking our forwards today probably to do with city press, also the magnitude of game and not having the right personel.

Not the lack of effort
The City press today was insane. I give credit to them for that. They gave us almost no space or time on the ball. It was impressive. Very difficult to beat such talented players working their very hardest. We did alright but have to play better if we want to win games like that.

Money has eff all to do with tonight's result.

City care about the FA Cup. They came to win. They tried all game. They got the result they deserved.

We didn't give 100%. That's shameful.
How on earth can you believe that? We did give 100% - they were just better than us. Why - because the cheating cunts are financially doped. Money has EVERYTHING to do with tonight's result.

Can't grumble at the result. The better team won. Tierney's a cunt.

Same issues though. We desperately need to upgrade our attacking players. We also need to defend better as a team - City allowed us one shot in 90 minutes, we allowed them 18.

Bentancur, Kulusevski pretty anonymous, Johnson sub anonymous. Touched the ball 22 times. Made 14 passes. Werner not much better, but he did make several good runs that were wasted by Kulusevski dawdling on the ball, or others not seeing them.
I think our midfield was just a bit to late to everything today, probably because of the amount of running they had to do, if they had been a bit sharper I think we would have unlocked our forwards. Which didn't happen.

City are so good at drilling passes through the lines that it literally turns our midfielders around to face our goal and make us run.

Back
Top Bottom